New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Dec 4, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #2,416 of 2,442
I have heard those, Vio 550 sounds nothing like a Bryston. The older Vio amps were similar in sound for sure.
On the Burson amps, well good luck if that is the sound signature one enjoys.

We all have options, choose whatever is best for oneself.

We're discussing functionality, not sound

Dec 4, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #2,418 of 2,442
Everyone needs some features at some points. Those were just my recommendations and could be quite many people's as well. Bryston is also willing to hear what customers said. It will be helpful for their next generation product. Of course, it's their call what features they are going to put, but I bet Bryston won't say "go for other products".

Dec 5, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #2,419 of 2,442
In my previous comments I positioned that the sound was the most important factor to me, hence my focus on the sound. If functionality is more important than go for those options.

Well, some people want that sound AND some extra functionality :)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #2,420 of 2,442
I found that BHA-1 was very sensitive to different DACs. I was feeding it with RME 2/4 SE Pro for a month. It sounded super revealing and bright. It fatigues me easily unless I EQ heavily via RME, but EQ takes time and sometimes make good and bad impacts.

I replaced my RME with Bryston BR-20 last week. What an amazing combo! The best synergy, and every headphone of mine sounded so good. The BR-20 also solve my volume pot issue and provided a remote control. I can finally sit on my couch and enjoy music for hours. :)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #2,421 of 2,442
I found that BHA-1 was very sensitive to different DACs. I was feeding it with RME 2/4 SE Pro for a month. It sounded super revealing and bright. It fatigues me easily unless I EQ heavily via RME, but EQ takes time and sometimes make good and bad impacts.

I replaced my RME with Bryston BR-20 last week. What an amazing combo! The best synergy, and every headphone of mine sounded so good. The BR-20 also solve my volume pot issue and provided a remote control. I can finally sit on my couch and enjoy music for hours. :)

I always wanted to try a Bryston dac with the BHA-1. What's your headphones?

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #2,422 of 2,442

Have you ever tried the Bifrost 2 with BHA-1?

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #2,424 of 2,442
Have you ever tried the Bifrost 2 with BHA-1?
I had Bifrost in my house for a few days a couple of weeks ago, but it was sold so fast before I got a chance to hook it up, lol.

However, I compared RME+BHA-1 vs Bifrost 2 OG+Jot2. Although BHA-1 sounded a bit clinical with RME, I still prefer RME+BHA-1 over the other combo. The soundstage and details made it another level IMO.

At that time, I didn't realize that BHA-1 was so capable of discerning different DACs. Even different filters on RME was able to make some difference. This doesn't always happen to me when using other amps. I regret a lot not tryingBifrost with BHA-1.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #2,425 of 2,442
I always wanted to try a Bryston dac with the BHA-1. What's your headphones?
i have the bda2 dac and it is fantastic, most used headphone is the Focal Stellia. to me this combo easily beat out the Naim unti headphone setup
20231218_153920.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #2,427 of 2,442
I had the BF2 for about two months when I received my BHA-1, what are you wondering about?
Just wondering about the pairing. I find the BF2 to be good with many amps, but just wondered what other people have found.

Dec 18, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #2,428 of 2,442
Just wondering about the pairing. I find the BF2 to be good with many amps, but just wondered what other people have found.
It’s okay if you like the BF2 sound, it was overly warm/thick for my preferences. Add in the Bryston and it’s a bit much to my liking.

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #2,429 of 2,442
Posted this combo a few times, BHA1 and the Cambridge CXN, the remote on the the CXN also solves the volume issue for me.....currently I have been getting acquainted with the very natural sounding Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, don't believe the Bryston has yet to let me down. :sunglasses:
Amiron Home.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #2,430 of 2,442
Does anyone on this thread know how to replace the faceplate on a Bryston audio component. My BHA-1 is black as is my BDA-2 (which I’ve just purchased). My 3rd Bryston audio component is the BCD-1 which is silver. I can purchase a black faceplate kit for the BCD-1 but I’m not sure if I can do the work. I’m not a handyman to begin with but I’m willing to give it a try if I can find instructions somewhere. I found nothing on YouTube or even online. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back