New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #2,041 of 2,442
@nordkapp,  your avatar: what happened to your shoulder? Lift a Bryston power amp the wrong way? 
eek.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #2,042 of 2,442
@nordkapp,  your avatar: what happened to your shoulder? Lift a Bryston power amp the wrong way? :eek:
Haha. My wife dropped a 28bsst on me. Lol. Nah, really. A bad bicycle crash a few years ago left me with what you now see. The sidewalk won..........

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #2,043 of 2,442
Ouch. That's enough to sensitize a person to avoid biking in the future. I badly sprained an ankle a few yrs ago, and have since been very careful where I step -- especially near my floor-positioned 14B-squared. Easy to trip over it in the dark (it being a black model). That would result in more than a sprained ankle...
triportsad.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #2,044 of 2,442
Haha. My wife dropped a 28bsst on me. Lol. Nah, really. A bad bicycle crash a few years ago left me with what you now see. The sidewalk won..........

That shoulder give you any pain now? Restricted range of rotation? My curiosity mostly.

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,045 of 2,442
That shoulder give you any pain now? Restricted range of rotation? My curiosity mostly.
Oh yeah. Pain, restricted range. I still bike and kayak though. Not ready to throw in the towel just yet. This is the time of year where my fancy turns from music to training. I won't be around much on headfi now till October. This is mostly a Winter sport for me. Lol.

Apr 18, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #2,050 of 2,442
I am curious what DACs folks are using with their Bryston BHA-1. If you feel you have a good pairing, please PM me and if there is interest I will report back here.
Thanks

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #2,052 of 2,442
I am curious what DACs folks are using with their Bryston BHA-1. If you feel you have a good pairing, please PM me and if there is interest I will report back here.
Thanks

Monarchy NM24, tubed output stage and R2R PCM1704UK chipset. Gives body, bloom and richness to the somewhat lean BHA-1. The combined result is very satisfying.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #2,053 of 2,442
Thanks

My BHA-1 is paired with the Bryston BDA-2 DAC, topped off with a Sennheiser HD800 on a balanced setup.

I listen to classical music and jazz and the sound signature is great; the Sound signature is musical, relaxed, analogue?

But it's still very detailed, no masking of the sound here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back