New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #871 of 1,792
Did you go here and make sure the first two boxes were checked?

https://www.head-fi.org/f/account/preferences

Yes, and checked the options boxes on each thread at the bottom of each thread. At this point keeping a tab open to the Subscriptions/All page seems the best way for me to keep track. Missing a few posts is no big deal but if someone can't respond to a query made to them because they don't know, that's bad form. I continue to investigate

I tried a PM yesterday and got a response so that does appear to function for me.

May 2, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #872 of 1,792
Maybe there's a significant time lag as notifications hit my E-Mail program for some reason, something else to check on my end, Keepin' busy, off the streets and out of trouble, LOL!

May 2, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #873 of 1,792
upload_2017-5-2_6-35-52.png

I was keeping the Account Alert screen up, think I'll keep subscriptions/All and monitor from there.

May 2, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #875 of 1,792
Another curiosity, I just had 2 E-Mail notifications in my in box.

I check my Account Alerts and they showed 0 but updated later, maybe 2 minutes.
Curious, I would think it would be the other way around, Alerts on this page showing before E-Mail shows up in my in box.

May 2, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #877 of 1,792
Not sure about the blue triangle.

But your post showed up on my Alerts counter before I got the E-Mail this time.

May 2, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #878 of 1,792
May I ask why it is more convenient for you guys to use the "Threads I posted in" thingy instead of just enabling the "Subscribe when I post" option?
With the subscription you can choose which threads you don't want to follow anymore, can add threads you didn't post in and stuff. With the first option you are bound to one algorythm. :thinking: I don't see a bad thing in using subscriptions instead of one fixed thing.

Or didn't you use it before and now it's too much work to update?

May 2, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #880 of 1,792
Not sure if this has been previously requested (I don't have time to read 59 pages) and there's no search function, but can the search this thread function be added in please?

May 2, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #881 of 1,792
May 2, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #884 of 1,792
Ah, makes sense! Just thought I had turned off 'online mode' in settings, but maybe only I see myself as having the blue triangle.
Well, I don't see a blue triangle on your avatar while I'm responding to you now, so if you are online, then you'll know that it is only you who sees it.

May 2, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #885 of 1,792
Any update on the missing reviews? I wouldn't know, search is still not working well. I'd think this would be a priority -- users worked hard to contribute to the value of this forum.

I read all the explanations about this transition, and agree with others like glassmonkey that there's no reason this couldn't been a much smoother transition than 7 years ago. Users could have been warned, and more time could have taken to beta test. I really have no sympathy regarding the long hours put in. That's just part of the job of hosting a site, and poor planning simply results in more long hours and crises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back