New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #901 of 1,792
Wouldn't using subscriptions and ignoring the blue dot of the ones you don't like an option?
I mean, you don't have to get an email for every thread. You saw all the threads anyway and had to choose which to read. With subscriptions you even can ignore them more easily.

May 2, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #902 of 1,792
Wouldn't using subscriptions and ignoring the blue dot of the ones you don't like an option?
I mean, you don't have to get an email for every thread. You saw all the threads anyway and had to choose which to read. With subscriptions you even can ignore them more easily.

I guess you didn't notice that when you are subscribed to a thread, you get notifications in your account alerts when there are updates to each thread. If I was subsribed to thousands of threads, this would not be manageable, and it would make it difficult to sift through it all to find where people quoted me and so on.

Plus your statement ignores what I said about being able to monitor things my way. The fact that I do not have access to the list of threads is the main issue here.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #903 of 1,792
I guess you didn't notice that when you are subscribed to a thread, you get notifications in your account alerts when there are updates to each thread. If I was subsribed to thousands of threads, this would not be manageable, and it would make it difficult to sift through it all to find where people quoted me and so on.

You can easily turn that off.

Alert Preferences.png

May 2, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #904 of 1,792
You can easily turn that off.

But what if I want the alerts for some subscribed threads but not others?

All these intricacies wouldn't have been an issue if the thread list remained intact and I kept control of how I participate in and monitor threads. Now I can't monitor or even find them without making it a full-time job.

May 2, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #905 of 1,792
But what if I want the alerts for some subscribed threads but not others?

All these intricacies wouldn't have been an issue if the thread list remained intact and I kept control of how I participate in and monitor threads. Now I can't monitor or even find them without making it a full-time job.

If we changed the current static "unread" and "all" links to a live counter indicating how many threads are unread and how many total are watched, would that make it easier for you to track? That's something we could look into changing if it would make navigating the site easier.

May 2, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #907 of 1,792
If we changed the current static "unread" and "all" links to a live counter indicating how many threads are unread and how many total are watched, would that make it easier for you to track? That's something we could look into changing if it would make navigating the site easier.

As I mentioned: Without the full list of threads I have posted in, it's useless to me. The issue isn't how subscriptions are handled; it's that I can't see (or easily find) all the threads I've posted in (most of which I am not subscribed to) and which ones have updates.

May 2, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #909 of 1,792
The only way it is possible right now:
Go to search,
advanced search,
Search Threads and Posts
Posted by Member
Check box "Display results as threads"

For you that's https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/42107/

Thanks for trying to help, but that only gives me the list of threads without telling me which ones have been updated, how many new posts there are, etc. Plus it only goes back a few pages, covering a fraction of a percent of all the threads I've posted in. So it's only slightly less useless.

Your link didn't work. Did it myself and got this link: https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/42222/

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #910 of 1,792
Thanks for trying to help, but that only gives me the list of threads without telling me which ones have been updated, how many new posts there are, etc. Plus it only goes back a few pages, covering a small percentage of all the threads I've posted in. So it's only slightly less useless.

Your link didn't work. Did it myself and got this link: https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/42222/

Oh, so the output only works for yourself and not listing everything is quite disappointing. Hmm.
But if you use the site and sort by recency you still see which have been updated in the last months, so it might help anyway.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #911 of 1,792
I have tried to reply or like at least 2 comments in this thread and it won't let me because of errors. I'm not surprised people are running away. We should have been told about this switch beforehand.

May 2, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #912 of 1,792
I have tried to reply or like at least 2 comments in this thread and it won't let me because of errors. I'm not surprised people are running away. We should have been told about this switch beforehand.

Are you using the mobile version of the site? We're currently investigating a known issue with quotes and replies on mobile.

May 2, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #913 of 1,792
But if you use the site and sort by recency you still see which have been updated in the last months, so it might help anyway.

It only shows the threads I have posted in in the past few months. It does not show which ones out of all the threads I've posted in have been updated during that time, nor does it show any updates pertaining to new posts. Also, notice that the text under the thread titles contains only the first post of each thread.

May 2, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #914 of 1,792
i am looking for the search function that use to be atop the page of the threads without this feature how do i find anything ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back