New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #827 of 1,792
Some of the password data didn't transition properly. Since passwords are private, we aren't able to take a look to find any commonalities in the ones that stopped working (for example, if they all contained special characters). The only thing to do for the impacted accounts is to use the password reset tool or have them reset manually by an admin.

May 1, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #829 of 1,792
Can I ask why 90% of the sites layout is just filled with ads? On huddler there was a few ads to the right and they were subtle. This is what this site looks like without ads.

headfi.PNG

Pretty much a bunch of wasted space... there's even MORE above the footer.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #830 of 1,792
First, I want to re-post a link to my post explaining why we made the forum software change (long story short, we had to):

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500/page-42#post-13458354

I hope you've noticed that we're fixing and adjusting things throughout the day, every day. Here are some fixes / adjustments we expect to have in place soon:
  • Searching within a thread.
  • Some internal links are not pointing where they're supposed to. We're fixing the redirects as we come across errant links. Each time we fix one, the fix should apply to all other links similarly formatted.
  • Width responsiveness. I do not like that my widescreen monitors make the content area look no wider than a receipt. We expect this to be in place by sometime this coming weekend.
  • Dark theme. We expect to also have this in place by sometime this coming weekend.
  • Differential experience--logged-in and logged-out users should have different UI's as they did with the Huddler platorm. I don't have a specific ETA on this one yet.
  • Work will continue on whipping the Gear FS/T forums into shape. This one is pretty involved, so I have no specific ETA on this yet either.
These are just a few things. The complete list is obviously a lot longer. Back to working on things...more updates to come.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #832 of 1,792
Will the chronological list of threads a member has posted in come back? I'm not sure what this feature was called, but it used to be on every profile. It's how I kept track of all the threads I've posted in.

That can be found on the information tab of any user's profile. It's located towards the bottom. All content will show all of the posts from that member. All threads will show the first post of every thread that member has started.

Profile Information.png

May 1, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #833 of 1,792
That can be found on the information tab of any user's profile. It's located towards the bottom. All content will show all of the posts from that member. All threads will show the first post of every thread that member has started.

No, that is completely different, and useless to me. It just gives me all the posts I've made. I have no way of keeping up with all the threads that way. What I want to see is how it used to be:

• Each thread I've posted in listed in reverse chronological order
  • How many new/unread posts have been made to each thread
  • Detailed specs on each thread

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #834 of 1,792
No, that is completely different, and useless to me. It just gives me all the posts I've made. I have no way of keeping up with all the threads that way. What I want to see is how it used to be:

• Each thread I've posted in listed in reverse chronological order
  • How many new/unread posts have been made to each thread
  • Detailed specs on each thread

Ok, to clarify then, you don't want a list of every post you've made in reverse chronological order, but only a list of the specific threads in reverse chronological order? You're looking for a list that yields only one result per thread, is that right?

We're looking into possibly adding a badge indicating the number of unread posts in a thread.

As for detailed specs, what kind of details are you looking for specifically? Without that information I wouldn't even know where to start.

As far as keeping up with the threads where you've commented, what specifically about the watched threads list doesn't work for you?

May 1, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #835 of 1,792
Ok, to clarify then, you don't want a list of every post you've made in reverse chronological order, but only a list of the specific threads in reverse chronological order? You're looking for a list that yields only one result per thread, is that right?

We're looking into possibly adding a badge indicating the number of unread posts in a thread.

As for detailed specs, what kind of details are you looking for specifically? Without that information I wouldn't even know where to start.

As far as keeping up with the threads where you've commented, what specifically about the watched threads list doesn't work for you?

That's what I said: a list of threads. Surely you used that list on your profile back when it existed, and you know what I'm talking about.

The subscribed threads interface itself is fine enough, but that only applies to threads I have subscribed to. I'm not going to subscribe to every single thread I post in, and I used to not subscribe to any, since the list on my profile is how I kept up with everything.

Now I have no way of knowing whether an update has been made in the countless threads I have posted in unless I manually go to each of them. On top of that, I can't even find them unless I sift through all of my posts. I have over 17,000, so this just isn't realistic. At least I recently subscribed to the threads I post in most frequently, but that only covers a few.

There's no point having that badge if the complete list of threads you've posted in no longer exists. Not everyone subscribes to all the threads they post in.

Thousands of members are bound to be upset about this feature disappearing. What I am asking for is a yes or no on whether it will be brought back.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #836 of 1,792
That's what I said: a list of threads. Surely you used that list on your profile back when it existed, and you know what I'm talking about.

The subscribed threads interface itself is fine enough, but that only applies to threads I have subscribed to. I'm not going to subscribe to every single thread I post in, and I used to not subscribe to any, since the list on my profile is how I kept up with everything.

Now I have no way of knowing whether an update has been made in the countless threads I have posted in unless I manually go to each of them. On top of that, I can't even find them unless I sift through all of my posts. I have over 17,000, so this just isn't realistic. At least I recently subscribed to the threads I post in most frequently, but that only covers a few.

There's no point having that badge if the complete list of threads you've posted in no longer exists. Not everyone subscribes to all the threads they post in.

Thousands of members are bound to be upset about this feature disappearing. What I am asking for is a yes or no on whether it will be brought back.

Nope, never personally used that feature. I don't subscribe to every thread I post in, but I followed anything I cared to continue reading. I can add that idea to our list of things to consider implementing in the future.

May 1, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #837 of 1,792
Nope, never personally used that feature. I don't subscribe to every thread I post in, but I followed anything I cared to continue reading. I can add that idea to our list of things to consider implementing in the future.
Still like to see a mark all subscribed threads read option

May 1, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #838 of 1,792
I'm not going to subscribe to every single thread I post in, and I used to not subscribe to any, since the list on my profile is how I kept up with everything.

Ditto

May 1, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #839 of 1,792
Still like to see a mark all subscribed threads read option

There's currently no direct link on the subscriptions page to mark all subs as read, but @Stillhart's collection of tips contains steps that can be taken to mark all threads (globally) as read, and that includes the threads in your subscriptions list as well.

May 1, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #840 of 1,792

I have a feeling I think I have a screen shot of Head Fi back when that worked. I used to have a HUGE issue with the adds on the web site, running my processor up to like 60%+ Load [from an idle] let me look for it. As I am 100% with you on that feature

Every thread we posted in, newest at the top, older threads listed below. And if ANY one responded you'd get a little Red Box with a number, I too used to scroll through that to get to all the threads I followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back