New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #842 of 1,792
i wished there was a way to link back to the reviews I made, now i cant submit review requests as there is no evidence of reviews i made now

May 1, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #843 of 1,792
I would also really like the threads list on the profile page back. In the past, subscriptions used to be dog-slow, and I had to use it as an alternative. Ever since, it has been indispensible in noting updates to threads I no longer wish to subscribe to (due to post volume), but still want to keep track of every week/month or so.

May 1, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #844 of 1,792
@AxelCloris Is there a button I can press to subscribe to every thread I've ever posted in now that we no longer have the list of threads we've posted in on our profile page?

EDIT: Now that I think of it, with how infrequently I visit this website compared to a few years ago, it might actually be benificial for me to subscribe to all of the threads I've posted to and only visit the website when I get an email about activity in a subscribed thread, or when I have the rare desire to actually create a new thread myself.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #845 of 1,792
@AxelCloris Is there a button I can press to subscribe to every thread I've ever posted in now that we no longer have the list of threads we've posted in on our profile page?

EDIT: Now that I think of it, with how infrequently I visit this website compared to a few years ago, it might actually be benificial for me to subscribe to all of the threads I've posted to and only visit the website when I get an email about activity in a subscribed thread, or when I have the rare desire to actually create a new thread myself.

Looking at the alert preferences, it would appear there is no longer an option to receive email notifications for subscribed threads. (Only media such as images and videos offer email notifications at this time, going from what those preferences list. And I do get email notifications for private messages too.)

There is also no longer an option to control whether links you post open in a new window.

May 1, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #846 of 1,792
Looking at the alert preferences, it would appear there is no longer an option to receive email notifications for subscribed threads. (Only media such as images and videos offer email notifications at this time, going from what those preferences list. And I do get email notifications for private messages too.)

There is also no longer an option to control whether links you post open in a new window.
I subscribed to this thread and got an email for your response.

May 1, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #847 of 1,792
I checked to see if this was already doable with the BBCode on Xenforo, but could not find anything. Luckily, it is easy for the site admin to add; just a target="_blank" attribute away. Viewers could also just right-click.

May 1, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #850 of 1,792
I hope they have our built up reputation, regular and unique and re-apply it to the existing "likes" or separately.

That would be nice!

Also, I would like for the option created to not have our reputation/likes shown for everyone (in our profiles) to see, if at all possible.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #851 of 1,792
But Xenforo by itself has no way to add comments to likes. They could write an add-on for it, but I doubt that will come to fruition. The only really interesting thing the rep stuff had for me were the delightful little comments people would leave along. Otherwise, it's just numbers.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #852 of 1,792
Jeez, the site is so screwy now! I don't get any emails for that and don't see any option to choose either.
That is strange, I'm using the desktop version of the site, and I just clicked the button to subscribe to this thread at the top of the page and the page asked me if I want email notifications. Also, if you click "more options" below where you type your response, you are taken to a page that looks like my attached screenshot. If you look at that screenshot, you should notice the option is presented there as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.PNG
    IMG_0146.PNG
    239.3 KB · Views: 0
May 1, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #854 of 1,792
That would be nice!

Also, I would like for the option created to not have our reputation/likes shown for everyone to see, if at all possible.

I wanted a custom title...:japanese_goblin:

But I earned that rep...I had ALOT. Sure you did too. Let's hope that gets worked on. Lotta contributors built that badge off the efforts which were shown appreciation in that rep

I pray they kept the stats:pray:

May 2, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #855 of 1,792
I wanted a custom title...:japanese_goblin:

But I earned that rep...I had ALOT. Sure you did too. Let's hope that gets worked on. Lotta contributors built that badge off the efforts which were shown appreciation in that rep

I pray they kept the stats:pray:

You're good, bro! I'm sure you had a lot. A lot of people, especially those that have been on here a while and/or have spent a LOT of time on Head-Fi (myself included) have a lot of reputation/thumbs up built over the years, and for that to go and "vanish"...if it must...but hopefully it will all be back in the upcoming days/weeks.

What's good though, is regardless of the amount of "reputation/likes" one has, those that have helped shape the site in a positive manner will not be unforgotten. I remember when this thread started, most all of the members that I've seen post over the years showed up with concerns (and positive thoughts) - even though not a lot was shown information-wise during the first days of the transition (only range post count badges, which are basically custom titles currently), I was thinking "oh, this person is posting", "oh yeah...this person", "oh, I haven't seen this person post in a while!" So in a weird way, it was kinda nice seeing everyone I knew again.

I bet you had a lot of picture/review views as well - hopefully that will also be returned - I don't even want to say how many views I had...posting quite a bit of pictures as a result - was fun...hopefully it will be fun to post pictures/reviews again in the future (with returned picture/review views).

Looking forward to the updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back