New Gear For Sale/Trade and User Feedback Systems
Oct 9, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #32 of 109

Quote:
While you're changing things, I'd like a separation of portable and full size much like the equipment forums;
Headphones (full size) for sale/trade
Portable headphones and IEMs for sale/trade

This would really make it easier for people in the market for IEMs since there is a much greater amount of full size HPs in the current forum

I try to avoid splitting forums until absolutely necessary.  And, yes, I've already considered that we may be at that point for those categories, especially this early in the new system, when there aren't too many to move over.

Quote:
Please, please ban IC threads. They're often nothing more than a hidden auction. It adds unnecessary clutter to the forum that should be the most definitive of head fi.

There are no plans right now to ban interest-check posts.  I've posted at least one myself.  For now, you'll just have to avoid reading them--resist the urge. 
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #33 of 109
DAMN! Now look what I got started!! .. ~~ !!! ~~ ....DAMN! ... hope you all got yourselves figured! ...Me? ... well hell ... I'm sort of spoiled ... color me colored, eh? ... (bless, sistas!) ...  

Oct 9, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #35 of 109
Oct 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #36 of 109
This is simply fantastic!
I made the thread "Head-fi should adopt a new interface for the For Sale sub-forum" and sent a feedback message and it looks like my request has been answered by the Head-fi gods!
biggrin.gif

Buying/selling/trading audio equipment should be intuitive, quick, and hassle-free now; previously, the system was just horrendous: squinting my eyes and scrolling down the endless list of now closed, irrelevant, or unwanted threads was such a pain.
My only  suggestion would be to implement brand and model columns, or a similar feature, in order to further facilitate the search for a specific audio product.
Very well done Jude and developers,

-flo

Oct 10, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #37 of 109
I think this "new" system somehow like the one we always see in Audiogon, ebay, etc.

BTW, can we change the feedback in new system, like the one in past?? bos there are sometimes i need to keep a neutral feedback, when change it into others as there are some quarrels between the buyer and seller.

Thanks

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #39 of 109
Oct 10, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #40 of 109
I agree, IC threads are a definite nuisance IMO when they are simply links to postings on ebay, etc. (especially when they are from new members who appear to only sign up so that they can use the FS forums). As long as the mods stay on top of the situation and lock these link-only threads (which they seem to be doing more so lately than has been the case in the past) IC's can serve a purpose here. Thanks for taking so many opinions into account with all of this.
Quote:
Please, please ban IC threads. They're often nothing more than a hidden auction. It adds unnecessary clutter to the forum that should be the most definitive of head fi.

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #43 of 109
any chance at an option to set your asking price in € ? 

Oct 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #44 of 109
I've asked for that in my suggestions/bugs thread located here. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/516285/list-of-bugs-and-suggestions-for-the-new-classified-section
As it stands we don't even know what the default currency is - we can only assume its USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back