New, Fully Balanced Burson Conductor 3X: Dual ESS9038, 7.5wpc XLR, 3.75wpc SE Headamp, Changeable Opamps
Feb 18, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #200 of 528
Also, besides changing opamp, what other ways I can change the sound? Is it via the FIR Filter? No idea what that is.
Try to change the digital filters; not much of a sound change, but still worth a try. After all, the sound is already very low in harmonics, so pretty much like the original recording, with a bit of "Burson touch" (read a nice powerful warmish sound due to the beefy transistorized output stage and pre-amp).

Feb 25, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #201 of 528
Headfonia features the Conductor 3X in their latest review:
https://www.headfonia.com/burson-conductor-3x-review/

burson-conductor-3x-6.jpg

Mar 4, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #202 of 528
Hey Everyone,

Has anyone had any issue using their C3X DAC Out to an external amplifier? I'm trying to run it out to a Schiit Mjolnir 2 (for tube-sound) and am getting No-Joy.
I even tried running it through a Jotenheim as a double check but still nothing. While I am reaching out to Burson, I just want to make sure I didn't miss some hidden step.

There were no headphones plugged into the C3X; Output was set to DAC-Out; everything was on and plugged in.
I did manage to get the Pre-Amp playing through the Mjolnir by turning up the volumes on the C3X and the Amp, so I'm fearing my DAC-Out is Tango Uniform...

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers and Thanks!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Mar 5, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #204 of 528
what tube amp do you have? does it sound better than C3X ?

I have got ECP T4. C3X and T4 both sound better than cheap solid state amps ( THX 887 or Topping DX 7 Pro ).

Mar 5, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #206 of 528
what tube amp do you have? does it sound better than C3X ?

I have got ECP T4. C3X and T4 both sound better than cheap solid state amps ( THX 887 or Topping DX 7 Pro ).
I have a Schiit Mjolnir 2 and a few sets of rare Lorenz Stuttgart PCC88 tubes. I love the C3X's solid state Headphone Amp, but sometimes have the desire to listen to something with tubes for a different sound signature. I will say the DAC on the C3X makes the Mjolnir 2 sound extremely good, with the lowest noise floor I've ever heard using a tube amp. My other DAC is the Gungnir Multibit.

So, better than the C3X? No, just different.

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Mar 19, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #208 of 528
Guys check BURSON upgraded their conductor 3x again with cost effective version "conductor 3x performance" with single ess Sabre Dac
https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/conductor-3x-performance/
Looks like they made a more affordable version by removing some of the components. Not only single DAC but they eliminated the line-level XLR output to an external amp and line-level XLR input from an external DAC. It also has only 3 Power Stages verses the 5 in the regular model (Now called the 3XR). If you don't need all the extra components, it could make for a very good deal!

Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Mar 19, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #210 of 528
What is the retail price on this more affordable version?
Contact Burson at info@bursonaudio.com. I got an e-mail with the prices but tossed it since I already have the 3X. I do know there are available for pre-order at a reduced price...I just don't remember what it was (below $1500 is I recall).

Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back