New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Dec 26, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #1,036 of 3,599
Precioussssssss!   
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #1,037 of 3,599

A  very good friend of my  is  big  time impressed  with W4S amp&DAC using with Fostex monitors and SVS subs, but I wouldnt pass the Tannoys with 300B or other SET amp:)  
Quote:
Not really what I was implying, just meant I have a bit of all of those things that I like, thus .. it's all good.  :)

Since I can't get a 220V version of the Onkyo it's off my list. I'm considering the W4S and Fostex at the moment. Also keeping an eye out for the W4S Music Server, would like to know some more about it.

Dec 26, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #1,039 of 3,599

Quote:
A  very good friend of my  is  big  time impressed  with W4S amp&DAC using with Fostex monitors and SVS subs, but I wouldnt pass the Tannoys with 300B or other SET amp:)  

Sorry for sounding confusing ...
I didn't mean the W4S Dac (and amp) with Fostex speakers, I meant I'm considering either the W4S DAC or the Fostex HP-A8 DAC.

As for the W4S amps, I believe they are all Class D? Not a fan of those, I remember Rotel wanted to go all Class D amps a few years ago and never liked the sound. They seem to have come back from that decision. As for Rotel, although their class A/B amps are good I find the sound rather cold. Their class D amps were worse still. I enjoy the sound of Marantz amps more.

I keep my speaker system and headphones setup separate apart for the Mac being the source.

Dec 26, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #1,040 of 3,599

Quote:
Glad I didn't rush to order the W3000anv from Craig since I just receive news from our local Audio Technica dealer that their stocks will arrive probably next week and likely will have an opening promotion. Most importantly, I can audition and don't have to wait for shipping! 
beerchug.gif

Luckily I have not pull out my wallet yet on the W3000ani. 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #1,041 of 3,599

Quote:

As for the W4S amps, I believe they are all Class D? Not a fan of those, I remember Rotel wanted to go all Class D amps a few years ago and never liked the sound. They seem to have come back from that decision. As for Rotel, although their class A/B amps are good I find the sound rather cold. Their class D amps were worse still. I enjoy the sound of Marantz amps more.

I keep my speaker system and headphones setup separate apart for the Mac being the source.

confused, are you speaking for headphones or speakers there...
confused.gif

(please pardon my ignorant)

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #1,043 of 3,599
The Churi just came in. Is there anyone with a HA5000 that could take me a photo of the power cable that comes with it? I'm afraid I'm going to need to find a special one.

I also think I need to watch out with the + and  -? In Europe we can plug those any which way.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #1,046 of 3,599
You can't plug an AC plug the wrong way, just plug it as it fits. And it does fit both ways, yes. = ) The Churi has a short cord, right? You need an adapter so you can plug that to your mains, it should be included. Then just plug HA-5000's plug to the Churi and you're set.

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #1,048 of 3,599
According to the picture it is, and if it's not, the adapter is most likely included. This was the case with my ORB.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #1,050 of 3,599

Quote:
EMS in 72 hours? Mine have been in  **&%$#@$# customs for more than a week now! Impressive as well!

I only once had a fast handling from customs... (lack of storage space maybe?) They even managed to delay a shipment from the UK with more than a week. And the UK is supposed to be within the EU, so no extra taxes apply!
(OK they have to check for contrabande I guess, but that shouldn't take more than a week)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back