New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Dec 25, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #1,021 of 3,599

Quote:
Merry Christmas (and a belated Happy Chanukah) to all you head-fiers who celebrate.

The W3000ANV is a perfect headphone for the winter time. Like a cabin with glowing lights through the windows, all comfy and inviting with warm cocoa and marshmallows inside.

A Merry christmas to you and all the other Head-Fi'ers as well!
And about the cabin in winter: this is where we live, a very cosy house in the woods and we enjoy it big time!
We moved here beginning this year. I'll post another pic when it snows, it's awesome then!

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #1,025 of 3,599

Quote:

Glad I didn't rush to order the W3000anv from Craig since I just receive news from our local Audio Technica dealer that their stocks will arrive probably next week and likely will have an opening promotion. Most importantly, I can audition and don't have to wait for shipping! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #1,027 of 3,599
@appleheadmay
looks like a nice place to listen to more warm headphones... 
wink.gif

Quote:
Glad I didn't rush to order the W3000anv from Craig since I just receive news from our local Audio Technica dealer that their stocks will arrive probably next week and likely will have an opening promotion. Most importantly, I can audition and don't have to wait for shipping! 
beerchug.gif

next week with promo? my local dealer (australia) said it wont be until end of January and didn't mention anything about auditioning.. -_-||
you are blessed.. im glad i rushed for w3000 else where way before Crstmas...

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #1,028 of 3,599
I love wood, trees, warmth, warm sound, warm colours, headphones, peace and quiet ... so it's all good!  :)

Quote:
next week with promo? my local dealer (australia) said it wont be until end of January and didn't mention anything about auditioning.. -_-||
you are blessed.. im glad i rushed for w3000 else where way before Crstmas...

Yes, I thought the dealer here said end of January as well.

Dec 26, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #1,029 of 3,599

Quote:
I love wood, trees, warmth, warm sound, warm colours, headphones, peace and quiet ... so it's all good!  :)

'and W3000 does it all' (if thats what you are implying) .. 
rolleyes.gif

i think so far i love my W3000 more than my HD800 because 
its smoother and less harsh in many ways though they are both bright. 
(especially with that little added bass touch to the bright)
im considering WA22 as my next upgrade, so preference might 
change there after. 
i heard some one is getting/considering onkyo 1000dac, that just made 
my choice tougher when i was about to jump on the w4s dac2,
impressions impressions?

Dec 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #1,030 of 3,599
Not really what I was implying, just meant I have a bit of all of those things that I like, thus .. it's all good.  :)

Since I can't get a 220V version of the Onkyo it's off my list. I'm considering the W4S and Fostex at the moment. Also keeping an eye out for the W4S Music Server, would like to know some more about it.

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #1,031 of 3,599

Quote:
Yeah, I had a dealer here too but no auditioning was possible, they only wanted to order it if I would buy it.
So, no use waiting I figured.

I'm wondering... How can anyone buy such an expensive headphone without auditioning? Hope my local dealer will at least have a demo unit to test..  I really have a soft spot for elegant wooden headphones. 

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #1,032 of 3,599
Depends on where you are, here there's verry little headphone gear to audition and almost no high end stuff.
Those da do have a headphone brand usually have only the lesser models in stock.
So I need to buy stuff to see if I like it and if I don't I sell it off again like I did with Grado, Stax and Audeze for example.
Gives me a chance to try some gear out at least. And that's how I found what I like and what kind of gear I still consider for buying.
Pretty sure I will love the W3000 though.  :wink:

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #1,033 of 3,599

I'm wondering... How can anyone buy such an expensive headphone without auditioning? Hope my local dealer will at least have a demo unit to test..  I really have a soft spot for elegant wooden headphones. 

I can tell you that many can do such a purchase. xD Living in the backwoods like Finland, what else can I do...

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #1,035 of 3,599

It depends. Some have lots of money or one absolutely needs to acquire one of these beautiful limited edition woodies and is already a fan of A-T 
wink.gif

There. = )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back