New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Nov 11, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #94 of 3,599
Quote:
This wait is just taking WAY TOO LONG!

God, I'm seriously going on Google like everyday searching up "Audio Technica W3000ANV" or "Audio Technica W3000ANV sucks" to see if I can get any new dirt.

You actually Google daily about those headphones?
biggrin.gif

Okay okay, so do I...

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #97 of 3,599
Lobstersan, who lives nearby, ordered a set too and we plan to have a bit of a listening session sometime with everything we can lay our hands on from Stax to LCD-2s to ATs. I've only heard the set-up briefly at the Fujiya Avic show, but it did sound quite nice.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #98 of 3,599
Looks like the timing will not allow for me to buy a pair in Akihabara next week.  Bummer.  I guess I will have to spend my money on a Shelter or Nagakoa phono cartridge.

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #99 of 3,599

Quote:
About 1K give or take (I am looking at a HA-02 as well), I am actually quite happy with WA6 for my high impedance phones, but doesn't sound that great with the ATH series phones.

For that price range, I strongly recommend looking into the HA-02. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a tube amp with better synergy for Audio-Technicas for under $1500. Plus the look of the HA-02 really goes well with them.

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #100 of 3,599
I'm very interested in these limited edition headphones, but there is very little chance that I could afford them until mid December (I might be single and employed, but even so, I am not rich!). Is there any hope that some would still be for sale at that time, or is this pre order going to be totally gone (if it's not even gone already now) by then?

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #101 of 3,599
No idea, at least pre-orders are closed at PriceJapan and I suppose they are or will be gone at some other stores too.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #102 of 3,599

Quote:
I'm very interested in these limited edition headphones, but there is very little chance that I could afford them until mid December (I might be single and employed, but even so, I am not rich!). Is there any hope that some would still be for sale at that time, or is this pre order going to be totally gone (if it's not even gone already now) by then?

depends on where you were planning to buy from. I got confirmation directly from A-T that europe are assigned 200 out of the 2000 production so you might be able to pre-book them from a store that carries A-T cans if that's where you live.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #104 of 3,599
Just a quick update from inside Audio-Technica Japan for those of you interested (so you won't have to dig through the Internet) - the W3000ANV, HA5000ANV, and the CKW1000ANV are all completely sold out (allocated) just 1 day before they are released!  Fastest we've seen!  

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #105 of 3,599
Quote:
Just a quick update from inside Audio-Technica Japan for those of you interested (so you won't have to dig through the Internet) - the W3000ANV, HA5000ANV, and the CKW1000ANV are all completely sold out (allocated) just 1 day before they are released!  Fastest we've seen!  

WOW! Even the amp is sold out! That's amazing. I'm glad I snatched a pair while I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back