New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Nov 17, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #106 of 3,599
Quote:
WOW! Even the amp is sold out! That's amazing. I'm glad I snatched a pair while I could.

Well, there were only 200 of those amps, so...

And 2000 of those headphones, worldwide, that goes fast.

There are more eager audiophiles & collectors than one thinks.

Quote:
Timestretch said:

I'm very interested in these limited edition headphones, but there is very little chance that I could afford them until mid December (I might be single and employed, but even so, I am not rich!). Is there any hope that some would still be for sale at that time, or is this pre-order going to be totally over (if it's not even over already now) by then?

So, Timestretch, too late I'm afraid.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #107 of 3,599
Wow, that was fast! I guess Audio-Technica's wooden cans have gained notoriety among audiophiles over the years. That, and there seem to be more audiophiles in general these days. Or at least more people willing to spend upwards of $1500 on a pair of headphones. 
tongue.gif

Glad I managed to get a pair reserved.

@ Timestretch: A few pairs will probably show up in the fore sale section sooner rather than later, once some of those who pre-ordered find the cans not to their preference or justifiable keepers for the price.

Let's just hope there wont be any gouging. Some of the rarer wooden ATs sell for way more than they originally cost.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #109 of 3,599
I just bought a pair at Yodobashi in Akihabara :)

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #111 of 3,599
Damn! Didn't have it while i was there 2 weeks ago.

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #115 of 3,599
Just missed the boat yesterday by a few hours...congrats to the ones onboard :)

Eagerly awaiting impressions and hoping that AT releases some non-limited models with the same advances in technology as in these phones. 

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #116 of 3,599

Quote:
Just missed the boat yesterday by a few hours...congrats to the ones onboard :)

Eagerly awaiting impressions and hoping that AT releases some non-limited models with the same advances in technology as in these phones. 

That's usually the case. The W2002 was the first one to have their humorously named "DADS" technology I believe, and now it's standard in all of the Art Series.

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #117 of 3,599

Quote:
May I ask which ones? How much do they go up by? Just curious in case I need to sell mine later
biggrin.gif

Pretty much all of them, but I'd imagine the rarer ones like the W10LTD, W11R, and W100 would go for more (relative to the original cost). More "common" ones like the Ear Suits, W11JPN, and W2002 probably less (relative to original cost).

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #119 of 3,599

Quote:
Actually kind of weird, but for some reason what I really want to know is if this headphones include a carry case like the W5000.

That's not weird at all. I want to know if they have a nice case like that, too. That would be good.

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #120 of 3,599
I was actually surprised they sold them to me.  The sign they had said release date 11-18, which is tomorrow, but I asked, and they obliged!  Pics in a few, but listening will have to wait until i get home...don't have any good gear here in my hotel room :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back