New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Nov 21, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #256 of 3,599
Nov 21, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #257 of 3,599
I see that waiting for the W3000 has made everyone grumpy
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #258 of 3,599
I've been longing for a good closed woody for a while. I've been through quiet a few but ultimately ended up selling all of them. None of them came anywhere close to my open cans. I know the best closed can't really compete with the best open cans(save the r10). But I want something good enough that I wouldn't feel like I'm loosing a whole lot when switching from my open cans. I'm really pulling for these to be the one. It's hard to stop looking  at them.

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #259 of 3,599

Quote:
I see that waiting for the W3000 has made everyone grumpy
biggrin.gif

LOL. I guess the suspense is really taking it's toll. I'm taking a chance on not jumping on them out of the gate. If they turn out to be the greatest thing going, and they become unavailable before enough impressions are written, I'm going to be really sick. But I can't spend that amount of money without there at least being a few impressions from experience users.

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #260 of 3,599

Quote:
I've been longing for a good closed woody for a while. I've been through quiet a few but ultimately ended up selling all of them. None of them came anywhere close to my open cans. I know the best closed can't really compete with the best open cans(save the r10). But I want something good enough that I wouldn't feel like I'm loosing a whole lot when switching from my open cans. I'm really pulling for these to be the one. It's hard to stop looking  at them.

Have you tried the Edition 8? It's not wood obviously, but some people find it to be one of the better closed headphones atm.

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #263 of 3,599

Quote:

Have you tried the Edition 8? It's not wood obviously, but some people find it to be one of the better closed headphones atm.

Yeah, I like them better than the d7000 in some ways. But they still have too many flaws, especially for their asking price. The most notable is the reverb bouncing off the back of the cups. It messes up the sound for me. But they are fun to listen to though. If I don't end up with these, then the thunderpants will probably be my next move.

If there was a closed can(none r10 of course) that sounded like my jh13's, I would be ex-static. I find they are on the same playing field as my he6 and 407's. Although they image as well as anything I've listened to, they just don't have the bigger presentation you get from full sized cans.

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #264 of 3,599
This topic needs more pictures of the new stuff, and less arguing about prices or whatever!
beyersmile.png

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #265 of 3,599

Quote:
Someone told me recently that guys have hormonal cycles too.  I don't think we're as in touch with the moon or the tides though. 

All women are secretly werewolves. That's why we're grumpier. That, and the cramping.

Quote:
This topic needs more pictures of the new stuff, and less arguing about prices or whatever!
beyersmile.png

Actually, that's one of the few things that hasn't been argued about much. I was looking at some old threads from 2002, and was amazed when people were complaining about a limited Audio-Technica being a little over $400. 
eek.gif

Nov 21, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #270 of 3,599

Quote:
Is the W3000ANV the chocolate cake or fillet mignon?

Given Skylab's very early impressions, I'd say it's the chocolate cake. If you're in the mood for it, then it really hits the spot. The fillet mignon on the other hand is going to be the more refined meal.

Both are good, just in different ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back