- Warmer sounding combo 1: 2x Ken Rad VT-231 black glass, 2x Sylvania GTA chrome-top, 2x TungSol new production
- Warmer sounding combo 2: 2x EH new production, 2x 7N7 tall glass, 2x Ken Rad VT-231 black glass
- Leaner sounding combo 3: 2x 1578, 4x TungSol new production
- BA (with EML300B) tonal emulation: 2x 1578 4x Sylvania GTA chrome-dome
- BA gap on soundstage was still evident. The BA soundstage was less artificially wide, much deeper, more precise, lacked gaps, and had a better defined center.
- The S7 was surprisingly resolving (could keep up with BA with the PSS transformers - 90% as good.)
- The expressiveness of the S7 is not as good as the BA - the shades of volume/dynamic levels were fewer. The S7 did not have the ability of the BA to instantaneously jump between these "intensity levels". But then again - it was so very close!
- Overall the BA sounded a bit more refined: smoother, more relaxed, more liquid, more cohesive, better at low-level detail retreival/control and clarity, and a tad more dynamic. More of the msuical "note/tone" is present at all times.
Edited by purrin - 11/6/11 at 9:44pm