New Flagship from Audio-Technica: ATH-W3000ANV, 50th Anniversary Headphones
Apr 16, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #2,296 of 3,599
Nights on the couch aren't bad...Just put on a pair of cans and something nice to sleep to. 

It works the other way around in my house though. She sleeps on the couch and I get the whole bed to myself. :D

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The solution to that is actually very simple: ask her what she prefers, you having multiple headphones or multiple women.  
wink.gif

How about you having multiple nights sleeping on the sofa?

Again?

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2,297 of 3,599
Nights on the couch aren't bad...Just put on a pair of cans and something nice to sleep to. 

It works the other way around in my house though. She sleeps on the couch and I get the whole bed to myself. :D

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The solution to that is actually very simple: ask her what she prefers, you having multiple headphones or multiple women.  
wink.gif

Again?

I invested in a good couch! :p

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #2,298 of 3,599
Quote:

The solution to that is actually very simple: ask her what she prefers, you having multiple headphones or multiple women.  :wink:
2 things need to be done right after that though:
1) duck,
2) hide.

Quote:

Well answered!

lol. Nah not that bad actually. Just that money is a little tight at this moment. I know I can get away if I really want to, but respect is mutual :)

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #2,299 of 3,599

Quote:

I'm curious the reason behind this, and how you get her to agree to such things!

Actually I can sleep anywhere when I was sub 30, even on the floor. Just happen like a week ago, after long hours driving, I fell asleep at the restaurant's chair... however as I'm gaining age and 'momentum', my back complains a lot after all these alternate places.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #2,300 of 3,599
She doesn't 'agree' to sleep on the couch. She's just usually the one that does something that gets me frustrated and she sleeps on the couch for it. Just like the other way around for you guys.

Just the other night she slept on the couch for rear ending a guy and not telling me about it. Come to think of it...she sleeps on the couch a lot for being an irresponsible driver...

'You got another ticket?'
'I know...Couch...'

Quote:
Quote:

I'm curious the reason behind this, and how you get her to agree to such things!

Actually I can sleep anywhere when I was sub 30, even on the floor. Just happen like a week ago, after long hours driving, I fell asleep at the restaurant's chair... however as I'm gaining age and 'momentum', my back complains a lot after all these alternate places.

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2,301 of 3,599
I really enjoy how live these headphones make certain albums sound. Listening to Jeff Buckley's Grace, I almost feel as though he's performing right in front of me. Unfortunately that scenario can never be a reality.

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #2,303 of 3,599

Quote:
I really enjoy how live these headphones make certain albums sound. Listening to Jeff Buckley's Grace, I almost feel as though he's performing right in front of me. Unfortunately that scenario can never be a reality.

If your headphone can convince you so, believe it. I believe closing your eyes will help too :)

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #2,304 of 3,599

Quote:

ZenErik,  Can you post more information on the comparison between the ATH-AD2000 and the ATH-W3000ANV?  I am trying to decide which one to purchase!  I currently have ESW9 and ATH-W1000X, so I know the sound there.  But I could use more information between them and ATH-AD2000 and the ATH-W3000ANV.  I have just gotton back into headphones, and I love the Audio Technica sound......had Senn HD650 previously!  I would like to hear opinions from any one else that have heards these!  Thanks!

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #2,305 of 3,599
after reading some of the ATW3000ANV vs HD 800 comments, i really wanna give these a listen

Apr 20, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #2,308 of 3,599
the w3000anv is a dreamy headphone. it can be magical with female vocals. the treble is extended but refined - almost delicate. the mids live up to A-T's reputation for being uniquely enhanced. the bass is tight, textured and sufficient for my taste. it's more romantic than reference. it could never be my sole phone for that very reason but it would make a wonderful complement to one that is. i really like it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #2,309 of 3,599

Quote:

sounds like you wore out your welcome
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #2,310 of 3,599
I'm finding the pads a bit strange on these. The opening seems a fair bit smaller than my other over-ear phones. Whereas the headband seems to have been made for heads on the large size.

This:

Not this:

Also, I've discovered that the JMoney Beyer pads fit on these guys. ( the ATs not the cats)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back