(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
Mar 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #616 of 1,334
Thank for comments! Yup, W series sound more fun, musical to me, same as my W4r ! UM series is more "stage" monitor, it have less LO freq in it. W series is more "Audiophile" genre in mind!
I still have the UM3x, that have change couple weeks later for the W4r. Never use, yet, my IEM amped! Am an hurry to see all the transformation! ....

Well I went for it, $200 Canadian. Yea the W30 sounds (tuned) like my speaker system so that's great when I'm on the go and want a home stereo sound. The UMPro30 is still a very good sounding set, the bass is much tighter, cleaner and digs deeper, whereas the W30 can't handle the sub bass as nicely. Both are terrific earphones for different reasons. Rock on!

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #617 of 1,334
my Picollo sounds really nice with IEMs but can't help wonder how E12A sounds like...my wallet!

I have both. Can't complain about either, but I find the Piccolo a little warmer than the E12A. They're both excellent with IEMs as they have practically no hiss, and non-overpowering low gain settings. Use them on high gain with my HD598 to great effect, and am waiting for the arrival of my K7XX to test their abilities with slightly harder-to-drive cans.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #618 of 1,334
now I'm confused about to buy this for universal use as amplifier or buy e17k which has coax input that can be used with X3 2nd gen (still considering buying this!) but a little weaker on amplifier side than e12a lol

Mar 17, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #619 of 1,334
now I'm confused about to buy this for universal use as amplifier or buy e17k which has coax input that can be used with X3 2nd gen (still considering buying this!) but a little weaker on amplifier side than e12a lol

Why would you want to buy E17K to use as a DAC with X3-2?

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #623 of 1,334
Link?

:blink:

sorry my fault, they said e17k better used as dac via coaxial than used as amplifier via aux with fiio x5 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKE63hGVfE and this review http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tGCN4jnzxRI sorry indonesian language

e17k is somewhere very very close to x5, and as i understand x3II is also close to x5. given the amp power, e17k still would need a secondary amp, so x3II is better used alone.

if e17k needed secondary amp then should I considering e12a?

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #624 of 1,334
sorry my fault, they said e17k better used as dac via coaxial than used as amplifier via aux with fiio x5 http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKE63hGVfE and this review http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tGCN4jnzxRI sorry indonesian language
if e17k needed secondary amp then should I considering e12a?

okay, so, what do you have right now?

if you are powering iems, e12a is un-beateable at the moment, but this is in my opinion. 

as far as what dac/dap to carry, i strongly recommend against a 3 piece kit.

you can live with only x3II, or x5. e12a adds soundstage and makes everything a little clearer.

if you want to add, x3II and e12a should be more than enough for listening greatness. if you want even better, x5+e12a. or you can wait at the moment for x5II or x7 to come out, though it may take a few months.

Mar 17, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #625 of 1,334
e17k is somewhere very very close to x5, and as i understand x3II is also close to x5. given the amp power, e17k still would need a secondary amp, so x3II is better used alone.
Woah wait... How is the E17k close to the X5???? First I heard that.

Mar 17, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #628 of 1,334
Its OK skerry. I just hate how the E17k still sounds warm, as bowei006 stated in his review. Right now I'm gunning for either the iBasso D-Zero MK2 or the FiiO X1

Mar 17, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #630 of 1,334
So today during my lunch hour, I put together a new 3.5 - 3.5mm wire to connect between my iphone and E12A.  I just used spare items I had laying around.  What difference it made on my MDR-V6.  I got more bass out of it compared to the F "FiiO L16 Professional 3.5mm to 3.5mm Short Cable".  However it doesn't sound as "spacious"  as the FIIO.  I had made the wire so that I could use the FIIO 30pin to 3.5mm adapter.  Connected from there, it sounds really nice.  Coming from the headphone output, it does different.  But I'll have to mess with the EQ settings some more and see if I gain it back.  I do enjoy the extra bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back