(NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs!
Mar 16, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #601 of 1,334
+1

Youv read my mind!!

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Definitely the best amp for IEMs I've tried so far. So neutral and so lush and sweet.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #602 of 1,334
Definitely the best amp for IEMs I've tried so far. So neutral and so lush and sweet.

I´m (still) on the fence for one myself. So, just out of curiosity: what amps did you try before E12A?

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #604 of 1,334

beerchug.gif

I don't mean to counter you but just want to ask.... Could really it be like that? neutral, lush and sweet at the same time? 

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #607 of 1,334

I´m (still) on the fence for one myself. So, just out of curiosity: what amps did you try before E12A?

Have tried C&C BH and JDSLabs C5. E12A puts C&C BH to shame in termos of resolution and layering and treble is much better than C5.

Thanks!
I've had the C&C BH2 (sold) and now I also have a C5, but that's the (completely different) Cayin one
biggrin.gif

From Twister6's reviews on both (E12A & C5) I understood they're both great amps with different soundsignatures, E12A being the more neutral one indeed...they should complement each other pretty well though...

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #609 of 1,334
  Trust my ears. C5's treble is really bad compared to E12A.

Yes, I trust your ears!

But: you had a JDSLabs C5, while I have a Cayin C5.
Those are two completely different amps from different manufacturers
rolleyes.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #612 of 1,334
:beerchug:

I was on a hurry to put my hands on E12A, but I hesitate a bit now. Considering... This is the best in FiiO amp, but what will be the best now USB/DAC/ ? E18 are to large to fit my rigs. X1 (event.X3II) W4r. It will be fine for Smartphone certainly but this is not my cup of tea I think! Again, What will be the winner in FiiO USB/DAC category, after pointing the best, E12a Amp ?

Are RSA P-51 Mustang, The Predator... are in the same league as FiiO ? Have you heard about these nice colorfull amps ?

:D

Thanks.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #613 of 1,334
I was on a hurry to put my hands on E12A, but I hesitate a bit now. Considering... This is the best in FiiO amp, but what will be the best now USB/DAC/ ? E18 are to large to fit my rigs. X1 (event.X3II) W4r. It will be fine for Smartphone certainly but this is not my cup of tea I think! Again, What will be the winner in FiiO USB/DAC category, after pointing the best, E12a Amp ?

Are RSA P-51 Mustang, The Predator... are in the same league as FiiO ? Have you heard about these nice colorfull amps ?

biggrin.gif

Thanks.

No, sorry...

I'm waiting for X3 II. SQ is pretty close to X5.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #614 of 1,334
No, sorry...

I'm waiting for X3 II. SQ is pretty close to X5.
Ok, yes, E12A best Amp for X3 but, what at your knowledge best in FiiO USB/Dac ?

Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back