New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion
May 5, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #4,396 of 5,077
20180505_201529-01.jpeg

i like my ER4XR better with the DFR

May 5, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #4,397 of 5,077
So just received my red today, haven’t listened much... or used it with all my headphones... but so far I would say it completely trounces the little cheap iPhone dongle (no surprise there). And I can put my phone in my pocket and walk around which is exactly why I bought it. It sounds wonderful, warm, smooth and so much cleaner, clearer and more resolving than straight out of my iPhone. The build quality seems fantastic as well, for it being a little dongle it feels really well made and very solid. I really like the red color and look of the finish they used. This is exactly what I wanted. I love my mojo and it sounds incredible but it’s just not portable in a way that works for me. Very happy with this purchase and the sound quality, technology and drive that they have put into this tiny little thing is thoroughly impressive. And you don’t have to charge it’s battery which is priceless. Highly recommended.

May 5, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #4,398 of 5,077
So just received my red today, haven’t listened much... or used it with all my headphones... but so far I would say it completely trounces the little cheap iPhone dongle (no surprise there). And I can put my phone in my pocket and walk around which is exactly why I bought it. It sounds wonderful, warm, smooth and so much cleaner, clearer and more resolving than straight out of my iPhone. The build quality seems fantastic as well, for it being a little dongle it feels really well made and very solid. I really like the red color and look of the finish they used. This is exactly what I wanted. I love my mojo and it sounds incredible but it’s just not portable in a way that works for me. Very happy with this purchase and the sound quality, technology and drive that they have put into this tiny little thing is thoroughly impressive. And you don’t have to charge it’s battery which is priceless. Highly recommended.

It's pretty awesome.

May 6, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #4,399 of 5,077
Colors, any further thoughts on the red? Looking for more info before pulling the trigger

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #4,400 of 5,077
Colors, any further thoughts on the red? Looking for more info before pulling the trigger

Let's just say there's no drawbacks from getting the DFR. Pretty much all my earphones sound better (ER4XR, GR07, Campfire Comets, RE-400 and Sennheiser Momentum IEM) with it. More and cleaner bass, more extension to the treble, larger soundstage and more detail. It sounds even better when you use it with a laptop.

Granted, my gf gave it to me for a bday present and I think the DFB is better value from what I've read and if I used my own money but if they extra $100 doesn't make a difference for you, the DFR is a good buy in terms of future proofing.

May 6, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #4,401 of 5,077
Let's just say there's no drawbacks from getting the DFR. Pretty much all my earphones sound better (ER4XR, GR07, Campfire Comets, RE-400 and Sennheiser Momentum IEM) with it. More and cleaner bass, more extension to the treble, larger soundstage and more detail. It sounds even better when you use it with a laptop.

Granted, my gf gave it to me for a bday present and I think the DFB is better value from what I've read and if I used my own money but if they extra $100 doesn't make a difference for you, the DFR is a good buy in terms of future proofing.

the DFB and DFR sounds different to my ears though, the DFB has a more laid back and smoother sound, while the DFR have more brightness presence and a bit more in your face. both are good

May 6, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #4,402 of 5,077
the DFB and DFR sounds different to my ears though, the DFB has a more laid back and smoother sound, while the DFR have more brightness presence and a bit more in your face. both are good

Haven't heard the DFB (might test it out in store one day) but you are right about the DFR and the brightness, which I really like (adds a bit of sparkle).

May 7, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #4,403 of 5,077
Haven't heard the DFB (might test it out in store one day) but you are right about the DFR and the brightness, which I really like (adds a bit of sparkle).

yes, and to me the $100 is worth it for the DFR

May 21, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #4,407 of 5,077
My Dragontail for Android used to work well until now, but suddenly stopped transmitting the music (the sound goes out of the phone without passing through the micro-USB). I use it with a Dragonfly Red which works well when plugged on a PC. I could not test it yet on another Android device. Any idea what can be wrong? Is there anybody else who had such issue?

May 21, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #4,408 of 5,077
MicroUSB cable is broken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back