New DENON "Music Maniac" & "Urban Raver" Lines: D7100, D600, D400 & C300 Impressions Thread
Sep 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #1,097 of 1,588
Quote:
But I think you made a mistake returning D600 since you don't have something better
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I should have my M-100 next week and didn't want to wait to long so I would be stuck with them.  I am also interested in the Signature DJ.

Me too that's why I want to know if it's possible to preorder on 1/10

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #1,098 of 1,588
well today i brought my d2000's home from the office for a little comparing against the d600's right next to them.  i don't have a lot of time to screw around but i couldn't resist the following:  i just settled in to work on my mac pooter and i notice a free stream of muse's new upcoming record.  i don't follow these kids but i knowed they are pop-popular with the in-crowd.  so, the first song is some kind of 007 theme type o' thingy.  it rocks quite hard, my doves.  so the quality is whatever itunes/apple puts out there for free streaming. if you stop the stream at any point and start it again it starts over from the begin - see what i'm saying. 

the 600s are a sloppy mess but they ARE "box speakers on your head".  if you like rock and your neighbors have called the cops on you before, you will love this. i can actually feel my parents disappointment in me with these on.  i have let it roll into a few more bass heavy songs.  i've actually had to turn it down at this point.  i'm 3 or 4 songs in and the treble is ripping my ears but this could be the music itself.  anyway, it's kind of fun.

now, i'm going to play the same stuff for about 3 songs w the 2000s.  i notched up the volume one or two to compensate.  this first ditty is quite an aggressive music biscuit,  but it has been tamed a bit by the 2000s.  suddenly the whole thing seems a bit more grownup.  more control everywhere.  cleaner, less bass rumble.  these headphones sound "burned in," which they are, of course. yep, better, better, better.  still the parents would be disappointed if they even knew i was enjoying myself.  so it's our secret.

if your dumb (i know that's harsh but again, i think it's funny) be proud, buy yourself some 600s....like i did.

but if you feel like reading sometimes you better get moving on the 2000s. your time is almost up.  

now a girl must work.....(if i've offended anyone - take it easy - this is page 74 of headphone talk)  hey, i like these musers - they're like queen with 25% less queen.

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #1,105 of 1,588
i just google shopped these - don't know how reliable these joints are:

better planet (fulfilled by amazon) for $399

4electronic warehouse for $349

and 4 places came up with amazon search, all under $400

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #1,108 of 1,588
Quote:
hehehe I love when people talk about burn-in...

From that review:

Yeah...
Anyway, mine have been burning in for a month+... still the same sound to my ears so... there you go. You can buy them from me if you want! LOL!!! Maybe you can keep burning them in and they will sound better than anything you have ever heard...

As to burn in, I was speaking from personal experience with the HD595, which sounds ridiculously different after 500 hours on them then they did at first. Yeah, I can tell they've stopped improving now, and probably did a long time ago, but the difference is huge.

With my HD800s, the difference was much smaller. 

No, these will not be the best headphones I have heard, no matter what, they're $500 at most.

Sorry I rustled your jimmies. OMG LOL!!!

Originally Posted by Hooster 

Burn in is underrated. I buy 1000 phones at a time, burn them in for a month and then sell them for a huge profit. My customers are delighted and I am sending 4 kids to college!

Am I getting the wrong impression?

I just joined head-fi, and so far you guys sound like ******** to new members, or maybe just in general? The hell's going on. I'm disappointed in head-fi right now.

--

Anyway, I'm still debating these, but as of right now I think I'm going with the Clip+, FiiO F11, and the D600.

I already have the beautiful sound of the 800s, and a few other headphones. I'm just looking for some cans that'll be more fun, and also that I can actually take out of my room.
I would have bought the D5000s a long time ago if they weren't made of wood. sigh >_>

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #1,109 of 1,588
Quote:
Headroom "B" stock has a pair for $275.

That's where I snagged a pair, but they're out now. This site's "for sale" section is the only other place where I've seen them decently priced because paying $400 on Amazon sounds absurd. Although they're discontinued, so if you have the dough then why the hell not?

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #1,110 of 1,588
Quote:

Am I getting the wrong impression?

I just joined head-fi, and so far you guys sound like ******** to new members, or maybe just in general? The hell's going on. I'm disappointed in head-fi right now.

LOL!
Welcome to head-fi... :wink:

Go to the "Science" forum and look into any burn in debacle/discussion... the you'll understand...
To me, reading something such as "Yeah, after 500 hours God was slowly speaking up to my ears..." it's just... "outrageous" I guess. Maybe 500 hours gave your brain enough time to just like the sound... :wink:

Anyway, it seems the V-MODA M100s are going to start to roll out... Hopefully those are not just a 'hype' job and will sound better than these (at least that's my expectation...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back