New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Mar 17, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #198 of 344
i need a gooooood dap......since StudioVzzz

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #199 of 344
Did anyone face memory card problem? I'm using SanDisk Ultra 64GB XDSC 1 card, all the while I use it at Studio 3anv without any problem.
With S6, if I put into S6 before ON the player it can't read the file/card. If I put the card while the S6 is ON than it can detect and read the card and can play all
the song in the card, but when I OFF and than ON back again than it can't read the card again and in memory space show 0 file. So I need to take it out and put
back than it can read the card again. I try many time before update and after update firmware still same. It mean my S6 just can read my SD card when I put it in while
S6 is on.

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #200 of 344
Did anyone face memory card problem? I'm using SanDisk Ultra 64GB XDSC 1 card, all the while I use it at Studio 3anv without any problem.
With S6, if I put into S6 before ON the player it can't read the file/card. If I put the card while the S6 is ON than it can detect and read the card and can play all
the song in the card, but when I OFF and than ON back again than it can't read the card again and in memory space show 0 file. So I need to take it out and put
back than it can read the card again. I try many time before update and after update firmware still same. It mean my S6 just can read my SD card when I put it in while
S6 is on.

Yeah, seems like ypu have a faulty unit. Mine is great with the sd card.

I'm pretty annoyed that the player can't play files in order, even after the update.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #201 of 344
S6 is on.

First check your SD card, it could be that. I have tried 4 different brand of microSD card and it all works for me. 

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #203 of 344
  Anyone tried the 200g sandisk on this?

128 GB at Fat 32 no problem, if you can wait till my 200 GB microSd arrives I am happy to conform. It might be a silly idea but I tend to use wav files for players with poor UI, I am planning to go to wav only one my 200 GB sd arrives.

Please try lineout Mode B, I know you had doubts about its neutrality but give that ago.

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #204 of 344
If you don't notice any discrepensies then don't let it bother you. I did however hear noticeable differences on the 3rd ANV as well as the S-mod regarding Sandisk 64 gb cards (note I also use mainy WAV files). I did repurchase a pair to test out at a later time (a year later or so) but I still detected it. Good thing I waited til prices came down lol.

However, the Samsung 128 GB cards work great. Don't notice any sound discrepancies on that. I will not risk wasting money on the 128 GB or 200 GB Sandisk cards with my earlier experiences.

Mar 26, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #205 of 344
Guys do you think if the UI on this player was good they would sell like crazy!? Sounds like the manufacturer doesn't realise just how close they are to making a lot of sales and a lot of money?

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #207 of 344
No touchscreen, I take it. Does it have WiFi or Bluetooth? Does it permit streaming apps to work? If not, those are pretty much the minimum functionality features that any successful DAP will have to live up to. Hell smartphones sound amazing these days so if a DAP is supposed to be worth the added bulk of carting it around it had better have some compelling features. So what does the S6 offer the user to make it worth buying? Keep in mind there are plenty of really, really, good sounding DAPs, so high quality portable sound is not in short supply. UI is also extremely important so when I read about the S6 UI issues it does seem troubling.

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #208 of 344
Nope the UI is very basic. Folder view of music files. Sound quality is superb IMO. Plus 30 hour battery life, portability, build quality. If you are looking for a DAP with all the bells and whisles look elsewhere.

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #209 of 344
Nope the UI is very basic. Folder view of music files. Sound quality is superb IMO. Plus 30 hour battery life, portability, build quality. If you are looking for a DAP with all the bells and whisles look elsewhere.

A good UI, WiFi and Bluetooth are not Bells and Whistles, they are bare minimum functionality for any DAP now. Those are features not gimmicks.

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #210 of 344
  A good UI, WiFi and Bluetooth are not Bells and Whistles, they are bare minimum functionality for any DAP now.

LOL!  I agree about the UI, but disagree (somewhat) about WiFi and Bluetooth - I'd say maybe not gimmicks... more 'luxuries' which all but the (admittedly-increasing) streaming crowd can happily manage without
rolleyes.gif

In other words, I don't think  WiFi and Bluetooth are 'bare minimum functionality for any DAP now'

Maybe you've been spoiled by Fiio's X7, iBasso's forthcoming DX200, A&K, etc.!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back