New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Feb 19, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #155 of 344
My S6 is 30+ hours now. Compare to Studio 3rd, S6 sound stage is bigger, bass go deeper and small detail can heard more clearer.
I listen with Golden Crystal.

Can you compare S6 with iBasso DX90 or DX80?
Which one has neutral sound with dark background and more details?
Which one has a wider soundstage and separation?

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #158 of 344
Hi. I'm new here and hoping I can get some clarification on equipment. Currently, I have a library of nearly 600 albums loaded using Apple Lossless format in an iTunes library. Though I'm don't consider myself a hi-end audiophile, I do appreciate the nuances of investing in decent equipment. Currently, I listen to my music via a traditional 2-channel stereo (Outlaw Audio amp, Ascend Sierra-2 speakers, Veledyne sub). I'm looking for advice on the best means of playing the music in my library and I'd like to be able to access my full library (~185GB). Should I be looking at a decent quality DAP?

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #159 of 344
  Hi. I'm new here and hoping I can get some clarification on equipment. Currently, I have a library of nearly 600 albums loaded using Apple Lossless format in an iTunes library. Though I'm don't consider myself a hi-end audiophile, I do appreciate the nuances of investing in decent equipment. Currently, I listen to my music via a traditional 2-channel stereo (Outlaw Audio amp, Ascend Sierra-2 speakers, Veledyne sub). I'm looking for advice on the best means of playing the music in my library and I'd like to be able to access my full library (~185GB). Should I be looking at a decent quality DAP?

That's kinda off topic, since you're not targeting this specific DAP in your question. That said, you should very much be looking for a DAP that can easily browse that type of collection - the S6 is not one of those.

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #161 of 344
For those who already got delivery, I guess some or most of them purchase the new HA2 in the same package. Any word on this new single balanced armature iem? How does it sounds with the S6 and does it take the lead over the already good Golden Crystal?

Feb 19, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #162 of 344
I am having so much fun with dita truth and hisound S6. What I said about Headphone out Mode A/B and Lineout Mode A/B is not correct. What I hear from it now that I have more time using a better IEM is different. Please give me more time for an accurate presentation.

What i know:
  1. Headphoneout,
    1. Mode A: gives the strongest bass slum,
    2. Mode B: Similar sound to Mode A but less forward.
  2. Line Out
    1. Mode A: Wider sound-Most 'flat' sound, most balanced
    2. Mode B: Sounds become more U Shape

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #165 of 344
+3 I've never understood why these early adopters are always so coy, it's always to early to comment and I'm not sure why, I can tell you within five minutes my thoughts, hopefully someone more helpful will recieve one soon and we can all have at least an idea how it sounds instead of this beating round the bush nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back