New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Feb 6, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #76 of 344

Thanks, you're the man!

The S6 is half the size of the M2? I thought they were close in terms of size. I'm very, very glad the startup time is so quick, especially since there were problems in the original Studio V with that. We'll see if it stays the same amount of time after there's 128 gb of music for it to sort through, but at least this is a good sign. As for favorites, I think the M2 took this approach, but it only allows for one "playlist," so we'll see.

I think you may have forgotten one main advantage - power. The M2 can only drive IEM's, while the S6 should be able to drive the HD 800. Also remember, battery life is 30 hours, not 60 (M2's 6 x 10 = 60).

Are you sure about that?my m2 can drive all my full size cans and the specs of s6 dont look that powerful!

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #77 of 344
I recently bought an Xduoo X3 for my niece and I got the occasion to audition this little beast, it seems quite similar to the S6, but at only 25% of its retail price. Both daps seems to have the same screen level with nearly same UI and features. My question now ; is the S6's SQ 4x better to justify the price tag? I'm also chasing the Aune M2, Cayin N5 and Colorfly C10 which can be considered as direct competitors for the S6 at nearly half the price.

I had the opportunity to appreciate the Studio V, the SQ is really good with a tad brighter signature compared to Fiio and Colorfly devices. The amp blowed me away as this little thing is more powerful than my Fiio E11k, bassy iems like Sennheiser IE80 fitted the Studio V better than analytical iems such as ER4S or Shure SE846. As the dap is on the bright side, it can't be paired with a bright iem/headphones. I don't know if the story is different for the S6, I'm waiting for first full reviews.

Power? Battery life? I think you're forgetting a few things the S6 has that the X3 definitely does not. If you're only listening to IEM's, then the S6 seems bloated in price, sure. But it's meant for over-head cans, while the X3 isn't - at least not nearly to the same extent.

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #78 of 344
  Are you sure about that?my m2 can drive all my full size cans and the specs of s6 dont look that powerful!

The M2 didn't do a great job with my K7XX. Looking at the specs, the S6 definitely "looks powerful", while the M2 is for sure not. Judge by specs, or at least by hearing. Please don't judge by looks 
eek.gif

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #80 of 344
  M2 3.1volts output rms,.s6 3.0voltts rms on high gain
eek.gif

That's for the M2. So even if that was the spec to look at, the S6 would still be more powerful.

The real specification that determines whether high-impedance headphones get driven correctly or not is how much mW gets outputed at a specific amount of ohms. The M2 only has info at 32 ohms, not 300 ohms like the S6 does. Regardless, Aune themselves have said that the M2 is not suited for high impedance headphones - that's why they recommend the Aune B1 to go with it. The S6 is supposed to be able to drive even the HD800 by itself quite well.

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #81 of 344
Power? Battery life? I think you're forgetting a few things the S6 has that the X3 definitely does not. If you're only listening to IEM's, then the S6 seems bloated in price, sure. But it's meant for over-head cans, while the X3 isn't - at least not nearly to the same extent.

Further to my understanding, you based your comment on the Studio V 3rd Annv !!?

I'm actually enquiring about the new S6, we don't know yet if the battery life and amp are on par or better than S5. Don't get stuck on specs sheets, get proper reviews first then you'll be able to argue about pros and cons :grinning:

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #82 of 344
Further to my understanding, you based your comment on the Studio V 3rd Annv !!?

I'm actually enquiring about the new S6, we don't know yet if the battery life and amp are on par or better than S5. Don't get stuck on specs sheets, get proper reviews first then you'll be able to argue about pros and cons :grinning:

I was talking about your comparison of the X3 with the S6. The X3 doesn't nearly have enough power or battery in comparison to the S6... you made it seem a bit like they were identical with everything except for SQ 
biggrin.gif

And I don't think the 30 hour battery rating was conjured out of thin air, lol, although that does remain to be seen. As for driving power, most of the S6's testing was done with an HD800, AFAIK, and it's advertised as one of the only DAP's than can drive high impedance cans. I think it's safe to say that it's a power monster in comparison to the X3. I definitely wouldn't assume they were similar in that regard.

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #83 of 344
I was talking about your comparison of the X3 with the S6. The X3 doesn't nearly have enough power or battery in comparison to the S6... you made it seem a bit like they were identical with everything except for SQ :D

Did you auditioned the S6 to give this statement? The X3 seems to be powerful enough to drive most headphones that I own, it may not drive them to their full potential but it does the job quite well. I like the SQ from the X3 but considering the price, we can't expect it to sound like for e.g a Colorfly C4 or any other premium daps. That will be great to get the review from Mimouille or any other experienced headfier to have an idea about the S6

Feb 7, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #84 of 344

That's for the M2. So even if that was the spec to look at, the S6 would still be more powerful.

The real specification that determines whether high-impedance headphones get driven correctly or not is how much mW gets outputed at a specific amount of ohms. The M2 only has info at 32 ohms, not 300 ohms like the S6 does. Regardless, Aune themselves have said that the M2 is not suited for high impedance headphones - that's why they recommend the Aune B1 to go with it. The S6 is supposed to be able to drive even the HD800 by itself quite well.

Chill out mate your easily wound up, your statement was "The M2 can only drive IEM's" it may not drive power hungry monsters to there full potential but it will drive the majority of headphones.I also do not judge on looks(although it sure is one ugly lookin mother) and have no idea how powerful the s6 is because like yourself have not heard it.
dt880smile.png

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #86 of 344
I noticed you have Lotoo Paw Gold, and I have heard of its sound signature. It have a very wide soundstage, very detail, neutral and excellent separation.

In this case, can you describe the soundstage, separation and detail in S6 against Lotoo Paw Gold?
How much S6 is falling behind?
It the Lotoo does not have a wide sound stage. It is detailed and close to neutral.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #87 of 344
darn my unit is lost, if it doesnt get here this week I have to cancel the order as I wouldn't be here to sign for it. I was looking forward to writing an ultra portable DAP shout out and I was hoping to have this in the write up, I was able to negotiate a great price too.  

Feb 7, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #88 of 344
  Chill out mate your easily wound up, your statement was "The M2 can only drive IEM's" it may not drive power hungry monsters to there full potential but it will drive the majority of headphones.I also do not judge on looks(although it sure is one ugly lookin mother) and have no idea how powerful the s6 is because like yourself have not heard it.
dt880smile.png

Alright, hahaha. Jack was willing to assure me on the capabilities of the S6, but when I get it, I'll definitely write up a review to share some info.

Did you auditioned the S6 to give this statement? The X3 seems to be powerful enough to drive most headphones that I own, it may not drive them to their full potential but it does the job quite well. I like the SQ from the X3 but considering the price, we can't expect it to sound like for e.g a Colorfly C4 or any other premium daps. That will be great to get the review from Mimouille or any other experienced headfier to have an idea about the S6

I'll be reviewing the  soon as I get it, although Jack hasn't been answering me with a tracking number (presumably because of Chinese New Year).

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #90 of 344
I can't tell if the S6 takes balanced out with 2x 3.5 mm like the Pono or not. Anyone care to chime in? It would be interesting if I can use the XBA-Z5's stock balanced cables natively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back