New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Feb 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #65 of 344
AFAIK, the Shozy is like a budget Tera Player with the same usability plus flac as a bonus. We shouldn't compare it to the S6.

We should compare everything to everything.  I hope S6 sounds like Grapefruit.

Shozy seems very highly rated SQ wise. I should get one probably... spend so much time listening to shuffle anyway
confused_face.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #66 of 344
We should compare everything to everything.  I hope S6 sounds like Grapefruit.

Shozy seems very highly rated SQ wise. I should get one probably... spend so much time listening to shuffle anyway :confused_face:  

Headfiers tested the Shozy and compared it with daps over $1000, I won't say that we shouldn't compare it, but at least with something in the same category with same usability. I'm looking forward to buy the S6 but I need comparisons against daps in the same range to take the right decision. It will be useless comparing a lorry with a car

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #67 of 344
AFAIK, the Shozy is like a budget Tera Player with the same usability plus flac as a bonus. We shouldn't compare it to the S6.

Yup, that's a good way to think of it. Still, it would be nice to see how the S6 stacks up against my other players SQ wise. I'll also be comparing it to the J3 and Aune M2, so as far as functionality is concerned, I'll make mention of all three.

Feb 5, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #68 of 344
nvm

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #70 of 344
It's like Lancia making cars again,you remember the experience but also the pain.

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #71 of 344
If it was like a 60s Fulvia I'd give my right arm for it:)
It's like Lancia making cars again,you remember the experience but also the pain.

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #75 of 344
Can give a quick or preliminary comparison between this S6 vs iBasso DX90 in term of Soundstage, separation and detail?

Need to decide which model to purchase.

I recently bought an Xduoo X3 for my niece and I got the occasion to audition this little beast, it seems quite similar to the S6, but at only 25% of its retail price. Both daps seems to have the same screen level with nearly same UI and features. My question now ; is the S6's SQ 4x better to justify the price tag? I'm also chasing the Aune M2, Cayin N5 and Colorfly C10 which can be considered as direct competitors for the S6 at nearly half the price.

I had the opportunity to appreciate the Studio V, the SQ is really good with a tad brighter signature compared to Fiio and Colorfly devices. The amp blowed me away as this little thing is more powerful than my Fiio E11k, bassy iems like Sennheiser IE80 fitted the Studio V better than analytical iems such as ER4S or Shure SE846. As the dap is on the bright side, it can't be paired with a bright iem/headphones. I don't know if the story is different for the S6, I'm waiting for first full reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back