New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Jan 30, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #17 of 344
Jan 31, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #18 of 344
i used to have the Studio V3 as well and it sounds edgy and bright but still very good overall. Hope there will be impressions and reviews soon. Thankfully there's a back/return button now. I wonder how it sounds with hi-res files especially that HSA is able to maintain the old Studio V3's size.

Jan 31, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #20 of 344
If you check it's online presentation on ebay and penonaudio you can read things like:

First portable player can power well with full size headphones & all type earphones
Micro Dynamic Class A power amplifier
New HiFi sound quality
The sound quality of S6 comes from Hisoundaudio’s 20 years hi end home audio design experiences

but

there is nothing to be found about this "20year old hifi company" on net
their website doesn't work for.... did it ever work?
they present all their products like hifi, class A, audiophile, etc. even their cheapest ones
their expensive Studio players use cheap electronic ( http://www.slashgear.com/premium-hisoundaudio-studio-pmp-found-using-disguised-cheap-chip-0476741/ )

I have owned Studio 3rd anniversary for some time and it was a nice player. Premium look, sturdy, long battery life, very revealing and analytical. On the other hand it was buggy, sound wasn't much fun, it lacked "musicality", warmth and naturality to my ears, navigation was pain. I didn't enjoy music from it anymore and sold it. I would like to buy myself a new player, but there is none for me on market now. I'm looking for player which sound blows me away but it wont cost over 500 bucks because of functions i wont use like all those X7, Asterns and Sony ZX1,2 have. Studio S6 looks again simplistic as it's predecessors and i like it VERY much. But will it deliver that mind blowing sound it promises or is it just an cheap product with HIFI sticker on it?

Im looking for some unbiased experience from owners.

Btw.. can we get some pictures? All i could find was some small resolution pictures on penonaudio, but i couldnt tell much from it.

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #21 of 344
If you check it's online presentation on ebay and penonaudio you can read things like:

First portable player can power well with full size headphones & all type earphones
Micro Dynamic Class A power amplifier
New HiFi sound quality
The sound quality of S6 comes from Hisoundaudio’s 20 years hi end home audio design experiences

but

there is nothing to be found about this "20year old hifi company" on net
their website doesn't work for.... did it ever work?
they present all their products like hifi, class A, audiophile, etc. even their cheapest ones
their expensive Studio players use cheap electronic ( http://www.slashgear.com/premium-hisoundaudio-studio-pmp-found-using-disguised-cheap-chip-0476741/ )

I have owned Studio 3rd anniversary for some time and it was a nice player. Premium look, sturdy, long battery life, very revealing and analytical. On the other hand it was buggy, sound wasn't much fun, it lacked "musicality", warmth and naturality to my ears, navigation was pain. I didn't enjoy music from it anymore and sold it. I would like to buy myself a new player, but there is none for me on market now. I'm looking for player which sound blows me away but it wont cost over 500 bucks because of functions i wont use like all those X7, Asterns and Sony ZX1,2 have. Studio S6 looks again simplistic as it's predecessors and i like it VERY much. But will it deliver that mind blowing sound it promises or is it just an cheap product with HIFI sticker on it?

Im looking for some unbiased experience from owners.

Btw.. can we get some pictures? All i could find was some small resolution pictures on penonaudio, but i couldnt tell much from it.

No one has the new Studio yet, Mimouille will have his in a few days hopefully. We're waiting for impressions.

As for your dream sound, maybe you can research Chord Mojo in the meantime.

Feb 1, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #23 of 344
Yes pls do give us an update when you get to hear the S6. Hope it sounds excellent.

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #26 of 344
From the website:  "The music is orgasm, relaxation and orderly, without any messy"

gotta love a relaxed and orderly orgasm with no mess 
blink.gif
atsmile.gif

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #27 of 344
  From the website:  "The music is orgasm, relaxation and orderly, without any messy"

gotta love a relaxed and orderly orgasm with no mess 
blink.gif
atsmile.gif

Haha, I was going to post a snapshot of that. I think it was intentional too.

No one has the new Studio yet, Mimouille will have his in a few days hopefully. We're waiting for impressions.

As for your dream sound, maybe you can research Chord Mojo in the meantime.

i used to have the Studio V3 as well and it sounds edgy and bright but still very good overall. Hope there will be impressions and reviews soon. Thankfully there's a back/return button now. I wonder how it sounds with hi-res files especially that HSA is able to maintain the old Studio V3's size.

Stay tuned! I should be getting mine (shipped out via express mail a day or two back) in a few days, at most. 

I also struck a review deal with Jack, so thanks to his perseverance, I have now guaranteed a full review (with comparisons) within 3 days after I receive the S6. Guess you guys can thank him 
biggrin.gif
 Honestly, I'm just excited about it driving high-impedance headphones well, better than the Studio V 3rd Annie. I've heard the LP5 does a fantastic job of that too... but the S6 is half the price. I'm a bit worried about the UI, and large storage problems, but at least I know for sure it has separate menu and return buttons!

On another note, looking at the specs, it outputs 20mW (10 per side) at 300 ohms. I know this is exactly what the HD 600 needs at a max dB SPL of 110; but wouldn't it be tougher for it to drive more sensitive headphones at that impedance? Or is 110db SPL too high?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back