New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Feb 4, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #38 of 344
Yes! yes! yes! Mimouille, pictures and early impressions are greatly appreciated.

Feb 4, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #39 of 344
Here is what you have been waiting for:

First impressions:

• The player is very compact and well built. Buttons and ports / jacks are seemless and sturdy
  • The player is small, but slightly heavy for its size. Much lighter than the Paw Gold or the AK240SS of course
  • The music charges without needing synchronizing or updating a database
  • You have three menus : music managements (browsing by folder), music browse (browsing by tag), system settings. The browsing by tag seems to have some issues, or at least I don't understand it at this stage. so I will just use folder browsing for now, works perfectly
  • When you plug in the jack of your earphones allows you to chose between mode A (high gain - the "double amp" I suppose) or mode B (low gain). I am listening on low gain for now
  • I am listening with the Rhapsodio Galaxy and the background is absolutely black. The Galaxy are not very prone to hiss so I will have to check with the 846
  • I will give it more time before sound impressions, but from first listen, it seems very neutral and competent, detailed. Also it has quite a bit of power in high gain, especially if you consider size

Overall, I think there will be some work on the UI, but nothing horrible. Otherwise this player is very promising.

Feb 4, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #40 of 344
Thanks Mimouille! Just a few questions:

1. How's startup time? THe Studio V had some problems there.
2. Any playlist functionality?
3. Does it double as a DAC or nah?
4. I noticed weight was left out of the specs, I guess it was done for a reason. Does it handle large amounts of music well, or is it a pain to scroll through so many folders? How about folders within folders, you know, to segment your music for more accessibility?
5. Preference between the S6 and AK100/AK240/M2S/Paw Gold? I know half of these are overkill, but just stating your preference (even without any explanations) would go a long way. Specifically the M2S for my end; I have the M2 and I know it punches above its price range. I'm wondering if the S6 does the same.

No rush! I know this a lot to test for, I'm just eager for information
biggrin.gif
 And again, thanks!

Feb 4, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #41 of 344
  Thanks Mimouille! Just a few questions:

1. How's startup time? THe Studio V had some problems there.
2. Any playlist functionality?
3. Does it double as a DAC or nah?
4. I noticed weight was left out of the specs, I guess it was done for a reason. Does it handle large amounts of music well, or is it a pain to scroll through so many folders? How about folders within folders, you know, to segment your music for more accessibility?
5. Preference between the S6 and AK100/AK240/M2S/Paw Gold? I know half of these are overkill, but just stating your preference (even without any explanations) would go a long way. Specifically the M2S for my end; I have the M2 and I know it punches above its price range. I'm wondering if the S6 does the same.

No rush! I know this a lot to test for, I'm just eager for information
biggrin.gif
 And again, thanks!

• Quick, few seconds
2. Favorites, tracks can be added individually
3. Not at this stage apparently
4. Weight is really not an issue, I was saying this more because it provides a feeling of quality. You have three folders on screen, so scrolling through 100 could be long. But it is quite fast if you have folders with 30 or so albums in each
5. I can't compare at this stage. I suppose the s6 will punch above its price. Different sound with the M2, but the main advantage of the s6 will be size (/2) and battery (x10)

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #42 of 344

• Quick, few seconds
2. Favorites, tracks can be added individually
3. Not at this stage apparently
4. Weight is really not an issue, I was saying this more because it provides a feeling of quality. You have three folders on screen, so scrolling through 100 could be long. But it is quite fast if you have folders with 30 or so albums in each
5. I can't compare at this stage. I suppose the s6 will punch above its price. Different sound with the M2, but the main advantage of the s6 will be size (/2) and battery (x10)

Thanks, you're the man!

The S6 is half the size of the M2? I thought they were close in terms of size. I'm very, very glad the startup time is so quick, especially since there were problems in the original Studio V with that. We'll see if it stays the same amount of time after there's 128 gb of music for it to sort through, but at least this is a good sign. As for favorites, I think the M2 took this approach, but it only allows for one "playlist," so we'll see.

I think you may have forgotten one main advantage - power. The M2 can only drive IEM's, while the S6 should be able to drive the HD 800. Also remember, battery life is 30 hours, not 60 (M2's 6 x 10 = 60).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back