New Cypher labs product!
Nov 28, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #286 of 352
Quote:
I think they made it clear that they are sending out new units in their first email but they hadn't asked for the packaging and other materials, just the CLAS. But now they are asking for the entire package. 

Well I acted on the first couple of emails that clearly said send just the unit which is what I did then when I got home from taking it out to the Fedex depot on the other side of the city (because Fedex wouldn't pick it up) I saw the last email which said send everything.

Nov 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #287 of 352
I returned my unit with all the original accessories and received back the same unit (same S//N) with completely new innards per Cypher Labs. Also got brand new packaging and accessories.

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #292 of 352
http://audio-head.com/cypher-labs-algorhythm-solo-db-review/
I just read this over, hope this helps.

Thank you , It is helpfully your link

According to this review , Alo class - DB is very good for iem and low impedance headphone , but no so good for high imoendance headphone .

Is that true ? Or I read wrongly .

The first batch was in recall , because the gain was so small only 1,2 v rms.
Now they already increase to 1,69 v rms .
My Alo class solo is 2,00 v rms

Please share your opinion .

Thank you

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #293 of 352
Quote:
According to this review , Alo class - DB is very good for iem and low impedance headphone , but no so good for high imoendance headphone .
Thank you

I believe you read it correctly, and I thought the recall was due to the phase out issue on balanced output. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #294 of 352
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you

The CLAS and CLAS db are made by Cypher Labs, not ALO Audio. The RX-series of amplifiers are made by ALO audio.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #297 of 352
Quote:
Thank You Currawong For The corection

I guess he is really watching 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #299 of 352

Quote:

I found this review unhelpful and contrary to my experience.  This part seemed especially objectionable to me:

"The Algorhythm Solo –dB is an IEM users DAC. The single-ended connection pushes out at 1.69v rms.  This is slightly quieter than many of the other DACs currently on the market.  Paired with either the Intruder or the Rx MkIII-b this is going to reduce unwanted background noise and help deliver a nice black background for IEMs and low impedance headphones.  On the flipside, may want to pair the –dB with a powerful headphone amp if you plan on listening though an extremely inefficient full-sized headphone via single ended connections."

While it's true that the -dB has a lowered output compared to the original CLAS, for IEM users the amp still needs to be chosen carefully to avoid hiss or excessive volume at low levels.  I don't know what IEMs the reviewer used with the MKIII-b to get "a nice black background," but I definitely don't hear this with the -dB/MKIII-b combo and either my UERM customs or my Senn IE8s.  Nor would I say the background is close to black with either of my portable full-size cans (DT1350 and Ed. 8).  So it's hard for me to imagine an IEM that wouldn't manifest some hiss with this combo.  For IEMs, the -dB/Pico Slim is a better match, and there are probably plenty of other good portable options now like the Leckerton UHA-6s.

And his statement that the -dB needs a powerful amp for full-size headphones implies that the MKIII-b doesn't fit the bill.  If anything, I feel the MKIII-b was designed to drive "inefficient" full-size cans like the LCD-2/3 and HE-500/6, rather than IEMs. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #300 of 352
Quote:

I found this review unhelpful and contrary to my experience.  This part seemed especially objectionable to me:

"The Algorhythm Solo –dB is an IEM users DAC. The single-ended connection pushes out at 1.69v rms.  This is slightly quieter than many of the other DACs currently on the market.  Paired with either the Intruder or the Rx MkIII-b this is going to reduce unwanted background noise and help deliver a nice black background for IEMs and low impedance headphones.  On the flipside, may want to pair the –dB with a powerful headphone amp if you plan on listening though an extremely inefficient full-sized headphone via single ended connections."

While it's true that the -dB has a lowered output compared to the original CLAS, for IEM users the amp still needs to be chosen carefully to avoid hiss or excessive volume at low levels.  I don't know what IEMs the reviewer used with the MKIII-b to get "a nice black background," but I definitely don't hear this with the -dB/MKIII-b combo and either my UERM customs or my Senn IE8s.  Nor would I say the background is close to black with either of my portable full-size cans (DT1350 and Ed. 8).  So it's hard for me to imagine an IEM that wouldn't manifest some hiss with this combo.  For IEMs, the -dB/Pico Slim is a better match, and there are probably plenty of other good portable options now like the Leckerton UHA-6s.

And his statement that the -dB needs a powerful amp for full-size headphones implies that the MKIII-b doesn't fit the bill.  If anything, I feel the MKIII-b was designed to drive "inefficient" full-size cans like the LCD-2/3 and HE-500/6, rather than IEMs. 

I still have the original -dB with 1.2V (even less than the fixed -dB with 1.69V) and with the Rx Mk3 (gain lowered) I still don't get a black background with my FitEar TG!334. Despite that, I'm enjoying my -dB in balanced (custom balanced cable) and for me at least, it's an improvement over the old CLAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back