New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Apr 24, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #856 of 1,401
Just received my ortofon tips from tips4tips (Ordered last Thursday, posted yesterday). I dont find them quite as comfortable as stock but like the way they seem to space out the bass and mids (sd3's) reducing bass bleed. All in all worth the £7. 
smile.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #857 of 1,401
  Another option for cable without memory wire is the cosmic ears linum cable, it's a little pricey at £50 but could be worth a shot. 

I was eyeing that too...well, after eyeing a pair of Cosmic Ears I'm considering 
tongue.gif
 but yes, their cables look amazing: http://www.linum.dk/products.aspx

Just received my ortofon tips from tips4tips (Ordered last Thursday, posted yesterday). I dont find them quite as comfortable as stock but like the way they seem to space out the bass and mids (sd3's) reducing bass bleed. All in all worth the £7. 
smile.gif

I agree, while I found the XS (red core) Sony Hybrids were the most comfortable, the S Ortofon tips sound the best.  I'm getting used to the new fit.

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #858 of 1,401
I am a new fan of SD2 over my current Heir 4ai with es-linum cable. But have not purchase yet, until the tiny version (SD2-s) ready on local store.
I tried es-linum vocal #8000056 to fix the midrange hollowness on my 4ai, and I think it works. I still curious though with es-linum BAX version, hope the soundsig will suit well to SD2.

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #859 of 1,401

Just received my SD-2s today!

Apr 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #862 of 1,401
  NIce, any initial impressions yet?!

So far to me, the soundstage seems wider than my other iem the ASG-2. There is not as much midbass. I find the bass on the SD-2 is quite detailed with more subbass and not sounding as bloated depending on the source used. Liking them a lot so far and the fit is as good, if not more comfortable. The iems are very well built and the stock cable is a thing of beauty. I've never seen silver cables that look almost as if they are a platinum like color. It looks to be triple-braided too and is very flexible, especially compared to my double-helix cable.

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #864 of 1,401
Is it me or does it seem really hard to change the cable of the stagediver? 

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #865 of 1,401
  Is it me or does it seem really hard to change the cable of the stagediver? 

it is really hard...lesson learnt for me is that I have to use my finger nails in between the monitors and the sockets and slowly loosen the cables. 

First time I pulled it out, I actually broke a lil piece of the recessed socket off, which really pissed me off 

Apr 28, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #868 of 1,401
 I still cant get the cable out. Not gonna try anymore unless I have to then I guess. Both cables in the earpieces sit like motherf**kers.  No cable upgrade for now haha. One day, one day...

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #870 of 1,401
Folks, which cable will fit sd3 the most? Copper, silver plated, pure silver?

I would assume silver since it is the material with the most conductive properties/least resistance for a pure signal path and would not color the sound as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back