New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Jun 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #362 of 1,401
Quote:
Music, seriously.

Well that shouldn`t be too far away. Confirmation my pair are only days away and well before June 25 which is when Thomann expects stock.
Come on!

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #363 of 1,401
Quote:

I think you're getting a bit too cocky right about now. On the pictures I sent you, the differences in tone are so small, that you have to use the contrast function to easily tell them apart. And even if I do so, the SD-3 cable turns orange/magenta. It still has a warm touch and not both cables are greening. So your statement was not fully correct.

I know, I know. Your point is that they will turn green eventually, which is correct.

P.S.: My girlfriend likes me more than you. And my sunglasses. 
cool.gif

Wow those things really do remind me of 334s. They look quite nice actually.
regular_smile .gif

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #364 of 1,401
I do not know if it is my mood these days, but the extra bass on the sd3 does not bother me much, whereas I was not too fond of neither.334 or IE800 because of bass issues (too bloated and too much respectively). On this iem I am ok even if it is a bit much and not so tight. I think it is because: the bass does not significantly veil the mids, the great sound stage allows for the bass the resonate and have a great tonality, making it quite visceral IMO.
Music and Ultrazino, do not argue, both your girlfriends prefer me :)

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #366 of 1,401
Quote:
Music and Ultrazino,... both your girlfriends prefer me
smily_headphones1.gif

I know!! And that hurts and makes my grumpiness reach alarmingly worrying levels while making me feel so much older in the process — guess I'll be forced to stop using my hearing aids, er… I mean...er, my custom IEMs and start using the one and only hot-babes-attracting magnet known as the K3003. (I always knew deep down there had to be at least one advantage to having expensive audio jewellery / fashion statements)

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #367 of 1,401
Quote:
I do not know if it is my mood these days, but the extra bass on the sd3 does not bother me much, whereas I was not too fond of neither.334 or IE800 because of bass issues (too bloated and too much respectively). On this iem I am ok even if it is a bit much and not so tight. I think it is because: the bass does not significantly veil the mids, the great sound stage allows for the bass the resonate and have a great tonality, making it quite visceral IMO.
Music and Ultrazino, do not argue, both your girlfriends prefer me
smily_headphones1.gif

For me this creates a conflicting message; I really don't like bass bloat but everything else posted about this IEM sounds really good.  I think I'd need to hear it before I bought it, an unlikely circumstance.

Does the bass sound loose or slow?

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #368 of 1,401
Received my invoice today by mail (through letterbox).
It is in German but I can see the numbers clearly, these are certainly not cheap! I have faith though.

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #369 of 1,401
I wonder if anyone has compared either of the StageDiver range to the brand new Fischer Amps FA4-XB yet. German IEM battle! Looks like I might order both from Thomann at some point on return one of them...

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #370 of 1,401
Quote:

For me this creates a conflicting message; I really don't like bass bloat but everything else posted about this IEM sounds really good.  I think I'd need to hear it before I bought it, an unlikely circumstance.

Does the bass sound loose or slow?

I find the bass tighter than that of the 334 (but only from memory). Honestly, I would not call it bloated at all, but not tight ligh 1Plus2 / Kaede. However, in terms of quantity, mid bass is clearly boosted. Overall I still find it is a HIGHLY immersive and enjoyable iem. Awesome thickness and "3Dness" to the sound.

I am loaning my SD3 to Gavin at Tralucent for a while, so he will be able to give you a comparison vs. all top iems, as he owns them all.

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #371 of 1,401
Quote:
I am loaning my SD3 to Gavin at Tralucent for a while, so he will be able to give you a comparison vs. all top iems, as he owns them all.

Wow, that is great! I also lent both my StageDiver's to another user. Unfortunately, he doesn't speak English so he'll be posting his impressions elsewhere.
Sadly, FitEar and Tralucent aren't easily available in Germany so very few users have heard them. I have not.

Jun 8, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #372 of 1,401
Quote:

Wow, that is great! I also lent both my StageDiver's to another user. Unfortunately, he doesn't speak English so he'll be posting his impressions elsewhere.
Sadly, FitEar and Tralucent aren't easily available in Germany so very few users have heard them. I have not.

The package is in Hong Kong, with the UM Miracles
size]

Just wondering if the couriers will deliver today...

Added a pair of FitEar Parterre this afternoon...............very lucky on these, I still have a pair on first batch order in Japan but Suyama San was in Hong Kong and brought 5 pairs exclusively for Jaben..................

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #373 of 1,401
Quote:

Come over to London for the next meet! I'm sure Swimsonny will be attending and bringing the 1+2 as it was very popular last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back