New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Jun 3, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #346 of 1,401
Quote:
I went back and looked carefully into how things developped, and it was your condescending tone that triggered the whole thing, the same tone you are using in this post. Thank you for precious advice.

I won't comment on your "condescending" remark because I think, at this stage, it's quite frankly pointless, and I don't want to waste time dissecting all those posts—which would also derail this thread—some containing what might well be considered insults though, interestingly, several of those comments have been simply ignored by others.

I will share something, though. Even though I was quite critical of some of Ultrazino's posts in a different thread (Shure SE846), he PM'd me to discuss some of the issues being mentioned in that thread. A few days later, he PM'd me to talk about some of my recent posts in this thread. Contrary to what you and some others might think, those PM exchanges ended up being rather friendly (which included a couple of smileys even [from Ultrazino himself]), or, if not really friendly in the strictest sense of the word, certainly never rude or disrespectful.

I note two people have given your post a thumbs up, two people who are clearly not very fond of music_4321 — one of them having already called me a pedant in this thread, and the other, well, the other hasn't been very fond of our charming sparrow for a looong time.

That said, I still look forward to hearing the SD-2 at some point.

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #347 of 1,401
Quote:

I won't comment on your "condescending" remark because I think, at this stage, it's quite frankly pointless, and I don't want to waste time dissecting all those posts—which would also derail this thread—some containing what might well be considered insults though, interestingly, several of those comments have been simply ignored by others.

I will share something, though. Even though I was quite critical of some of Ultrazino's posts in a different thread (Shure SE846), he PM'd me to discuss some of the issues being mentioned in that thread. A few days later, he PM'd me to talk about some of my recent posts in this thread. Contrary to what you and some others might think, those PM exchanges ended up being rather friendly (which included a couple of smileys even [from Ultrazino himself]), or, if not really friendly in the strictest sense of the word, certainly never rude or disrespectful.

I note two people have given your post a thumbs up, two people who are clearly not very fond of music_4321 — one of them having already called me a pedant in this thread, and the other, well, the other hasn't been very fond of our charming sparrow for a looong time.

That said, I still look forward to hearing the SD-2 at some point.

Then I will contact you in PM and I am sure we can discuss this in a civilized manner without derailing the thread.

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #348 of 1,401
I never noticed that it told you who gave a post a thumbs up. Is that new?

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #349 of 1,401

It's been around for quite sometime, but many people often don't notice (in the past we had a thumbs up and also a thumbs down option, btw)

Jun 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #350 of 1,401
Quote:

It's been around for quite sometime, but many people often don't notice (in the past we had a thumbs up and also a thumbs down option, btw)

That sounds like more fun.

Now I won't be able to stop myself from checking that spot on every post.

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #354 of 1,401
I happen to agree with music on the cables, but you're right that there's no reason for hostility and that the way music phrases things does tend to be rather provocative.
Someone is nice enough to post impressions and pics and all some of you can think of is finding the weak spot, transparent cables that will show the greening. I have these iems and the stock cable is much better than the stock cable of 90% of the iems I own, which is to say all but the 1plus2.
Why is it that some of you who have nothing useful to.contribute to a thread will always find something, and would rather have it turn sour rather then just listen and wait until you have something useful to say. We all know metals oxidize, and many aftermarket cables are transparent because some people like it.
Oh Music, I have nothing against you and often appreciate your contributions, and I also know you will answer extensively and cleverly and want to have to last word as I have seen this tiresome dance in many a thread, but do not bother on my account. I just wanted to point out that when someone, like Ultrazino in this case, takes personal time to share, bring positive energy, not just criticism to draw the attention, especially under the cover of making a fair point. If that was all you wanted, you would not have pushed it over 10 posts.

I do like my bass, but I like it low and tight. Extension>quantity, though I appreciate a touch of warmth.

Nope not with metal, but dealt fine with other fast music. But you gotta like your bass...

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #355 of 1,401
Quote:
Canceled my SD3 order.. Changing it SD2 instead.

I am still torn between both StageDivers. I prefer the SD-2 but it's always useful to have a bassy IEM close by, especially if it performs so well. At very low volumes (my preferred volume when I lay in bed), bass boost isn't an issue. Alternatively, I hook up my FiiO E17 and turn bass to -8. On-the-go, I appreciate the default tuning.

I just feel a bit uncomfortable that my supposedly favorite IEM is not the technically best in my collection, lol. I might have to get a fairly neutral high-end custom on top.
Anyway, I have to keep the SD-2 because my girlfriend loves them.

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #356 of 1,401
For now I prefer the SD-2. I appreciate neutral tuning more than anything else. I think bass extension is more important than boosted quantity. 
I have my SE5 and Miracle (though it is a bit V shaped compared to SE5) for tuning reference 
wink.gif
. I will probably use the SD2 on stage as well if the tuning is good.

Quote:

I am still torn between both StageDivers. I prefer the SD-2 but it's always useful to have a bassy IEM close by, especially if it performs so well. At very low volumes (my preferred volume when I lay in bed), bass boost isn't an issue. Alternatively, I hook up my FiiO E17 and turn bass to -8. On-the-go, I appreciate the default tuning.

I just feel a bit uncomfortable that my supposedly favorite IEM is not the technically best in my collection, lol. I might have to get a fairly neutral high-end custom on top.
Anyway, I have to keep the SD-2 because my girlfriend loves them.

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #357 of 1,401
Hi guys,
Just how good/bad the bass in SD3, as compared to those mid-tier UIEM like UE900, W4R, Se535?

Yesterday I've auditioned the Aurisonics ASG-2 and I found that with the bass port close, the mid-bass bloom is a bit too much.
I prefer an IEM with solid sub-bass punch, more quality vs quantity.

I just received an email from Marko at inear.de that the price for SD3 is US$510 + US$85 shipping fee to Singapore, with 2 weeks delivery time 
Thomann.de quoted me approx US$560 including shipping but they only expect stock to arrive by end of June.

Considering that I cannot demo this IEM, I have to rely on what I read here to have a general idea on how the sounds like. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #358 of 1,401
I've never met Mr Ultrazino's girlfriend, but I think I'd like her more than her boyfriend (SD3 vs SD2).

On a side note, I've finally managed to figure out why music_4321 has been right all along regarding the clear-cable-greening issue — looking at Ultrazino's avatar, I've just realised he's been wearing sunglasses all along!!

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #359 of 1,401
I've finally managed to figure out why music_4321 has been right all along regarding the clear-cable-greening issue

I think you're getting a bit too cocky right about now. On the pictures I sent you, the differences in tone are so small, that you have to use the contrast function to easily tell them apart. And even if I do so, the SD-3 cable turns orange/magenta. It still has a warm touch and not both cables are greening. So your statement was not fully correct.

I know, I know. Your point is that they will turn green eventually, which is correct.

P.S.: My girlfriend likes me more than you. And my sunglasses. 
cool.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #360 of 1,401
Quote:
I think you're getting a bit too cocky right about now.

P.S.: My girlfriend likes me more than you. And my sunglasses. 
cool.gif

Not being cocky at all, just using a bit of humour now — a grumpy old sparrow's humour, that is.

PS I should hope so! (your gf liking you more than me [guess I'll now be forced to use a smiley just in case...] ---->  :wink:   )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back