New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Jun 1, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #316 of 1,401
I wouldn't mind a cable that started (and stayed) a bright metallic green.  It's partial greening that's unattractive though far from a serious issue.  Certainly not one worthy of someone closely examining RAW files and re-posting close ups to argue the point, that would be a ridiculous exercise in pedantry.

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #317 of 1,401
Quote:

Want me to upload the RAW files? Why would I be lying? I am not saying it cannot happen but your "image proof" are two pictures shot by me with just hours apart.
rolleyes.gif

Second picture shows a distinct change in tone on the cable, it's a green shift regardless.  So regardless of how your camera show the picture in whatever lighting, the green shift is evident => that the cable has greened towards, and inside the memory wire.  This is evident on BOTH cables in the picture.  It's a light metallic green right now, it will darken. 

BTW, when you upload RAW files to Head-Fi, they're converted automatically to JPEG. 

The cables used on the StageDriver seems like the same OEM cable that Aurisonics, as well as Heir Audio, et al, uses.  It greens, it's only natural.  With the use they were given, I'm not surprised.

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #318 of 1,401
Can someone tell me please why we are talking about green cables? I stated above why but if the cable does then at least it is unique!

Can`t wait for actual sound comments, even if the cable looks like the Incredible Hulk.

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #319 of 1,401
^^Because a thread isn't official here until it derails.

I agree with Music_4321, companies should at the least offer a coated or sheathed cable as an option and indicate that the silver looking cable will change color and provide a picture. My ASG-1 cable is pretty darn ugly at this point.

As long as we're on this topic, I really hate this cable type because of the absolutely unnecessary girth of the plug. If you have a case on your DAP, I hope you have access to a Dremel-like handpiece or aren't married to the case.

I was thinking a set of these over but I refuse to pay that much for shipping to the US on principal.

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #320 of 1,401
Quote:
As long as we're on this topic, I really hate this cable type because of the absolutely unnecessary girth of the plug. If you have a case on your DAP, I hope you have access to a Dremel-like handpiece or aren't married to the case.

I was thinking a set of these over but I refuse to pay that much for shipping to the US on principal.

The right angle plugs on the Sony XBA and the Senn IE series are right angled done right(terrible pun), with clearance for DAP/smartphone cases. When it comes down to it though, I prefer straight jacks.

How much is the US shipping? (UK shipping is free 
tongue.gif
)

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #321 of 1,401
I have been quoted 28 euros!

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #323 of 1,401
Quote:
UK shipping? Thomann has free shipping to the UK for orders over €199. US shipping is €30.

Yip that is what Marco said. Initially he thought I was an American inquiring but even after I said the UK he still quoted 28 euros. On top of that due to high shipping he said I should get the filters also. Yes I thought a marketing ploy but does make sense to get them included in the shipping.
Hmm

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #324 of 1,401
I like that light shade of green :|
Does silver take longer to oxidize? Because my 6 month old Chris_Himself cable looks like the day I received it. Oxidized silver is pretty too :3

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #325 of 1,401
Yip that is what Marco said. Initially he thought I was an American inquiring but even after I said the UK he still quoted 28 euros. On top of that due to high shipping he said I should get the filters also. Yes I thought a marketing ploy but does make sense to get them included in the shipping.
Hmm

That's not that bad. Someone else here paid much more.... Is the 30 euros for something akin to EMS or regular airmail?

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #326 of 1,401
Quote:
I like that light shade of green :|
Does silver take longer to oxidize? Because my 6 month old Chris_Himself cable looks like the day I received it. Oxidized silver is pretty too :3

Silver takes a long time to oxidize.  Yes.  When it does, it turns blue (if I'm not mistaken).

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #327 of 1,401
Quote:
I wouldn't mind a cable that started (and stayed) a bright metallic green.  It's partial greening that's unattractive though far from a serious issue.  Certainly not one worthy of someone closely examining RAW files and re-posting close ups to argue the point, that would be a ridiculous exercise in pedantry.

A bit of extra "ridiculous exercise in pedantry":

... this sort of greening doesn't look bad on my customs (ES3X), but wouldn't look great on black (or other colour) shells.

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #328 of 1,401
Quote:

Hmm

When did he last replied you?

I emailed him since 2 weeks back and still no replies from him.

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #329 of 1,401
Quote:

A bit of extra "ridiculous exercise in pedantry":

... this sort of greening doesn't look bad on my customs (ES3X), but wouldn't look great on black (or other colour) shells.

Music...

You should have chosen Green Shells for your Customs
size]

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #330 of 1,401
Someone is nice enough to post impressions and pics and all some of you can think of is finding the weak spot, transparent cables that will show the greening. I have these iems and the stock cable is much better than the stock cable of 90% of the iems I own, which is to say all but the 1plus2.
Why is it that some of you who have nothing useful to.contribute to a thread will always find something, and would rather have it turn sour rather then just listen and wait until you have something useful to say. We all know metals oxidize, and many aftermarket cables are transparent because some people like it.
Oh Music, I have nothing against you and often appreciate your contributions, and I also know you will answer extensively and cleverly and want to have to last word as I have seen this tiresome dance in many a thread, but do not bother on my account. I just wanted to point out that when someone, like Ultrazino in this case, takes personal time to share, bring positive energy, not just criticism to draw the attention, especially under the cover of making a fair point. If that was all you wanted, you would not have pushed it over 10 posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back