1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. tinyman392
    Quote:

Silver takes quite a while to oxidize.  It will given adequate time though :p

2. lee730
    Quote:

How long would you think? I had an pure silver cable (for the IE8) for well over a year and sent it in to have the plug and pins changed out. The maker was extra courteous and changed out the sheathing for me free of charge. It looked brand new again after that. The cable didn't change at all it was the sheathing that was aging (turned a duller color). Now on copper cables lol mine changed green in like days :wink:.

3. Tangster
    They should just use enamelled copper strands. That's not going to go green anytime soon.

4. Mimouille
    It will not happen to mine. I unsheath and unbraid the cable every night, cover each strand with antioxydant with a q tip, then enclose it in my oxygen free room with all my cables, iems and dead bodies. Works just fine.

5. MusicalChillies
    Greening of cables is a perfect example of copper wire plated with a flash of silver. It`s the copper that is greening not the silver, pure silver doesn`t go green.

Silver goes yellowish when tarnishes, hence people will polish back to a nice finish with polishing compounds like "Autosol" or "Silvo". To prevent silver plating tarnishing you can treat it after plating with an anti tarnish dip.

6. Ultrazino
    I'm not an expert on cables but I found this product description (translated by me):

Quote:

Are you saying your monitor works better than my eyes? I said the cable did not change color (yet). And if it did, I could replace it with any custom aftermarket cable (unlike with some 1,199 € universal).

7. music_4321
    Quote:

That clearly seems to be the case.

Quote:

That's not the point, but if it makes you happy, my K3003, PF IX, 1601SS & FI-BA-SS don't have removable cables.

8. tm.chen
    The cable does look a bit greenish as seen from my monitor too.

9. Ultrazino
    Quote:

IMG_3983.jpg   IMG_3988.jpg

Want me to upload the RAW files? Why would I be lying? I am not saying it cannot happen but your "image proof" are two pictures shot by me with just hours apart.[​IMG]

10. cravenz
    Alternatively, it could just have been some of the reflection off the green box. 

11. lee730
    Quote:

If that is copper it is bound to turn green eventually. The more humid it is the worse lol. Too bad they can't come up with a solution to keep it from oxidizing because they are very nice cables.

12. music_4321
    Quote:

If you look closely, the cable on the right seems to be be greening faster than the one on the left (which is also turning green) — perhaps you've used these IEMs more? Like I said, this is normal and can happen in just a matter of days / weeks. Mine was a simple suggestion that these IEMs should come with stock black cables, like Westone, FitEar & Earsonics universals with removable cables.

SDgreening.jpg

13. elnero
    Quote:

This

14. vwinter

Ooh oooh fun. Alternatively, the green-ness of the box could be causing the relative green-ness of the cable to look less green.

I don't really care about the color of the cable. It's the color theory dudes, the color theory that I'm interested in.

The green reflected off the box would only effect the side of the cable facing the box unless they were really close to another surface that was probably white or had high reflectivity.

15. tm.chen
    LOL.

Sigh HF is getting really harmful to my wallet.

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last