New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
May 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #301 of 1,401
Quote:
lol mine never turned blue but it has a blue dye in the sheathing. I thought it looked really cool though.

Silver takes quite a while to oxidize.  It will given adequate time though :p

May 31, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #302 of 1,401
Quote:
Silver takes quite a while to oxidize.  It will given adequate time though :p

How long would you think? I had an pure silver cable (for the IE8) for well over a year and sent it in to have the plug and pins changed out. The maker was extra courteous and changed out the sheathing for me free of charge. It looked brand new again after that. The cable didn't change at all it was the sheathing that was aging (turned a duller color). Now on copper cables lol mine changed green in like days :wink:.

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #305 of 1,401
Greening of cables is a perfect example of copper wire plated with a flash of silver. It`s the copper that is greening not the silver, pure silver doesn`t go green.

Silver goes yellowish when tarnishes, hence people will polish back to a nice finish with polishing compounds like "Autosol" or "Silvo". To prevent silver plating tarnishing you can treat it after plating with an anti tarnish dip.

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #306 of 1,401
I'm not an expert on cables but I found this product description (translated by me):

InEar-Monitoring Kabel "High End"

Very sturdy InEar monitoring cable for heavy use on tour.
High quality silver cable with woven invisible thread for highest sound quality and tearing strength.
3,5mm jack, length: 140cm
Available in black and transparent.
58,90 €​

Quote:
Even in the second pic you linked to it clearly shows the cable's already turning green (oxidizing)

Are you saying your monitor works better than my eyes? I said the cable did not change color (yet). And if it did, I could replace it with any custom aftermarket cable (unlike with some 1,199 € universal).

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #307 of 1,401
Quote:

Are you saying your monitor works better than my eyes?

That clearly seems to be the case.

Quote:

I said the cable did not change color (yet). And if it did, I could replace it with any custom aftermarket cable (unlike with some 1,199 € universal).

That's not the point, but if it makes you happy, my K3003, PF IX, 1601SS & FI-BA-SS don't have removable cables.

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #309 of 1,401
Quote:
That clearly seems to be the case.

Want me to upload the RAW files? Why would I be lying? I am not saying it cannot happen but your "image proof" are two pictures shot by me with just hours apart.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #310 of 1,401
Alternatively, it could just have been some of the reflection off the green box. 

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #311 of 1,401
Quote:

Want me to upload the RAW files? Why would I be lying? I am not saying it cannot happen but your "image proof" are two pictures shot by me with just hours apart.
rolleyes.gif

If that is copper it is bound to turn green eventually. The more humid it is the worse lol. Too bad they can't come up with a solution to keep it from oxidizing because they are very nice cables.

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #312 of 1,401
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

If you look closely, the cable on the right seems to be be greening faster than the one on the left (which is also turning green) — perhaps you've used these IEMs more? Like I said, this is normal and can happen in just a matter of days / weeks. Mine was a simple suggestion that these IEMs should come with stock black cables, like Westone, FitEar & Earsonics universals with removable cables.

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #313 of 1,401
Jun 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #314 of 1,401

Ooh oooh fun. Alternatively, the green-ness of the box could be causing the relative green-ness of the cable to look less green.

I don't really care about the color of the cable. It's the color theory dudes, the color theory that I'm interested in.

The green reflected off the box would only effect the side of the cable facing the box unless they were really close to another surface that was probably white or had high reflectivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back