New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
May 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #271 of 1,401
The reason for my SD3 purchase rather than the cheaper SD2 was for that reason (bass). I am still not sure what extent makes someone a bass-head. I do like punch and also without it you do not have a believable sound.
Maybe I am a bass-head, who knows. There are so many "audio terms" thrown around here you don`t really know your sub-bass from your elbow.

May 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #272 of 1,401
Well 8 times is a good theory to be save. In reality 4-5 times might be just enough. Koss porta pro is only 60ohm and Charles actually love to use it with the Teramega output which is 20ohm.

Well at 40 ohms, with the 8 rules, should be well bellow. I have the TP at home, and I indeed intend to try tonight and let you know.
To my mind, at this price (I paid 490 USD + shipping), with such build quality, such great fit and great sound out of the box, it is a great deal. However, these are colored iems, on the bassy side of the things, but I would say that they are tolerably bassy with the AK100 modded. As a reference, I consider the IE800 as too bassy, so these have slightly less bass.

May 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #273 of 1,401
So SD3 is v-shaped?

May 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #274 of 1,401
Quote:
Well at 40 ohms, with the 8 rules, should be well bellow. I have the TP at home, and I indeed intend to try tonight and let you know.
To my mind, at this price (I paid 490 USD + shipping), with such build quality, such great fit and great sound out of the box, it is a great deal. However, these are colored iems, on the bassy side of the things, but I would say that they are tolerably bassy with the AK100 modded. As a reference, I consider the IE800 as too bassy, so these have slightly less bass.

What is the TP you guys mentioned? Tri-port?

May 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #275 of 1,401
The uber- expensive Terra Player?
To mimouille;
The US$490 for the SD3, including or excluding shipping to China? Thanks

May 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #277 of 1,401
I bought them 490 $ plus 70$ shipping to the US (I am there for a month). They will mark as low value if you ask so I paid no tax.
They are bassy but in a pleasant way, not so v shaped as mids are not recessed.
I confirm they do not pair with the Tera Player, massive bass cut, just like the Miracles and 5.0.
They have the best fit I have seen in a universal. Ever.

May 30, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #280 of 1,401
Quote:
I bought them 490 $ plus 70$ shipping to the US (I am there for a month). They will mark as low value if you ask so I paid no tax.
They are bassy but in a pleasant way, not so v shaped as mids are not recessed.
I confirm they do not pair with the Tera Player, massive bass cut, just like the Miracles and 5.0.
They have the best fit I have seen in a universal. Ever.

Mind if i ask you which online store you bought from?

The one i approached said that they unable to underdeclare any parcel..

EDIT: nevermind. i found out. lol.

May 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #281 of 1,401
Of course they look like the 334. They are less extreme though...less thickness, less bloated bass, less "big" mids. Will be less impressive to some but more controlled from memory...I like them quite a bit so far. Ultra comfortable, fun sound that is not "too fun". Overall I would say quite bassy but no significant bleeding into the mids. Good detail, though not as crisp or detailed as the 1plus2 and less clarity too. Smoother mids, deep soundstage with 3d sound, but not too wide.
All in all great enjoyement and great value so far.

May 31, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #282 of 1,401
Quote:
Of course they look like the 334. They are less extreme though...less thickness, less bloated bass, less "big" mids. Will be less impressive to some but more controlled from memory...I like them quite a bit so far. Ultra comfortable, fun sound that is not "too fun". Overall I would say quite bassy but no significant bleeding into the mids. Good detail, though not as crisp or detailed as the 1plus2 and less clarity too. Smoother mids, deep soundstage with 3d sound, but not too wide.
All in all great enjoyement and great value so far.

How would you say they compare to the 5.0s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back