New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Dec 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #483 of 4,065
  Such as? :)

Alo's National and International, Resonessence Labs offerings and the new Leckerton.

Because I'm a C/IEM guy (I don't use full sized cans) I don't need gobs of power and I question how much of a jump spending more money will get me in sound quality out of even the best CIEMs.  I'll be doing some research and later on some listening where the option is available.

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #485 of 4,065
Sent you a PM.

If anyone is interested in selling his Pro330 (for reasonable price) or want to exchange for Pro210 (with me making reasonable additional payment) please PM me.

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #486 of 4,065
Just wondering, would Peter reshell K3003 in a silicone earpiece with detachable cables? I know K3003 uses different filters and all so I am asking is it possible to make it custom iem?

Edit: Another question, apart from K3003, would he reshell UM 3DD universals?

Edit: What about Senn IE800?

I am seriously curios about the answers.

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #488 of 4,065
  Just wondering, would Peter reshell K3003 in a silicone earpiece with detachable cables? I know K3003 uses different filters and all so I am asking is it possible to make it custom iem?

Edit: Another question, apart from K3003, would he reshell UM 3DD universals?

Edit: What about Senn IE800?

I am seriously curios about the answers.

Answer to all those questions would be "no".
Unfortunately I'm not able to reshell dynamic drivers into silicone ATM.

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #489 of 4,065

Answer to all those questions would be "no".
Unfortunately I'm not able to reshell dynamic drivers into silicone ATM.

Ok I got your point Peter and thank you very much for honest answer
wink.gif
So any dynamic driver is no go. I also took notice of your " at the moment " statement, it means maybe in the future you can do it?

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #490 of 4,065

Ok I got your point Peter and thank you very much for honest answer
wink.gif
So any dynamic driver is no go. I also took notice of your " at the moment " statement, it means maybe in the future you can do it?

or maybe the harmony will have a dynamic driver for the low + BAs for the mids/highs :D 

or maybe both of us are assuming crazy stuffs :p 

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #491 of 4,065
You're assuming crazy stuffs :D
To my mind skilled constructors know how to make such an organic sound with BA as well as with DD.

Dec 15, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #493 of 4,065
I also took notice of your " at the moment " statement, it means maybe in the future you can do it?

I just don't want to close that window, I hope that at some point it will be possible, but honestly it looks very difficult from technical standpoints - like what about back volume of the driver, what about driver flex, etc etc.

or maybe the harmony will have a dynamic driver for the low + BAs for the mids/highs :D 

or maybe both of us are assuming crazy stuffs :p 

Ahhh ....no Harmony will be BA only

Keyword being "ATM"...
tongue_smile.gif

wink.gif

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #494 of 4,065
I got to post here, to compliment Piotr on absolutely amazing customer service and to suggest everyone to buy his products.

I've just received my Pro330 back from repair after problems with failing dampers, when i first sent them down there, he asked if he could keep them a while longer instead of just fixing the dampers. As i wanted a more reliable product, i said yes. Since then he's retuned the Pro330 to avoid using dampers instead of just replacing/repairing the dampers and sending them back. 

It's amazing to see a manufacture show such service and willingness to improve on their product. During the process i've written quite a lot of emails with Piotr and he's always replied incredibly fast (actually insanely fast, receiving responses saturday night at around 23 o'clock is customer service above and beyond anything i've ever experienced!), and always kept me up to date about the process of my order.

All i can say is i'm very happy with my Pro330v2 with Westone cable and i can't say how much i will recommend CustomArt as a manufacture of CIEMs.

Great work Piotr!

Dec 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #495 of 4,065
  I got to post here, to compliment Piotr on absolutely amazing customer service and to suggest everyone to buy his products.

I've just received my Pro330 back from repair after problems with failing dampers, when i first sent them down there, he asked if he could keep them a while longer instead of just fixing the dampers. As i wanted a more reliable product, i said yes. Since then he's retuned the Pro330 to avoid using dampers instead of just replacing/repairing the dampers and sending them back. 

It's amazing to see a manufacture show such service and willingness to improve on their product. During the process i've written quite a lot of emails with Piotr and he's always replied incredibly fast (actually insanely fast, receiving responses saturday night at around 23 o'clock is customer service above and beyond anything i've ever experienced!), and always kept me up to date about the process of my order.

All i can say is i'm very happy with my Pro330v2 with Westone cable and i can't say how much i will recommend CustomArt as a manufacture of CIEMs.

Great work Piotr!

Absolutely true.  Piotr provides top notch service.  More than that for me it was an educational experience that taught me to change my audiologist and what type of impressions materials to look for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back