New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and impressions thread
Dec 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #496 of 4,065
  I got to post here, to compliment Piotr on absolutely amazing customer service and to suggest everyone to buy his products.

+1 to that. He recently uploaded an image onto facebook to show an update to the people who are waiting on their ciem. I saw mine there and they look amazing. The drivers on mine are sleeved black and combined with the transparent sky blue of the body it created a dark blue spot that really reminded me of the ocean and how its lighter at the shore and darker when its deep. I didn't even know you could sleeve the drivers to change the color of them.

I shot Piotr an email regarding the artwork on my ciem after i saw the image on facebook and he replied in 8 minutes! I really can't recommend Piotr/Custom Art enough.

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #497 of 4,065
waiting for my v2 to come back to papa.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #498 of 4,065
   More than that for me it was an educational experience that taught me to change my audiologist and what type of impressions materials to look for.

Forgive me for asking, but I couldn't find what you are referring to in your post history, could you link to it? I will be getting impressions done soon and would like to know what to go for when ordering a Custom Art IEM.

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #499 of 4,065
  +1 to that. He recently uploaded an image onto facebook to show an update to the people who are waiting on their ciem. I saw mine there and they look amazing. The drivers on mine are sleeved black and combined with the transparent sky blue of the body it created a dark blue spot that really reminded me of the ocean and how its lighter at the shore and darker when its deep. I didn't even know you could sleeve the drivers to change the color of them.

I shot Piotr an email regarding the artwork on my ciem after i saw the image on facebook and he replied in 8 minutes! I really can't recommend Piotr/Custom Art enough.

I wish there is also mine Music Two (transparent blue - best color :) - can't wait for them :) that's going to be perfect xmass present :)
And Peter is amazing. I couldn't believe when i read comments, but after hundreds mails to him, the only I can say is that's 100% true:) He explains me the smallest detail about the earphones :) Best seller I've ever met :D

Dec 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #500 of 4,065

I got to post here, to compliment Piotr on absolutely amazing customer service and to suggest everyone to buy his products.

+2 here. communication with peter is like talking to a friend, friendly and well manner. something extremely rare in the market, a top score in customer service. and my pro330v2 is somewhere among the pile of ciem in that photo is well, simply cant wait to try them out before christmas~~ 

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #502 of 4,065

Forgive me for asking, but I couldn't find what you are referring to in your post history, could you link to it? I will be getting impressions done soon and would like to know what to go for when ordering a Custom Art IEM.

Piotr told me: "ask for Dreve or Egger soft silicone impression materials."  Impressions for CIEMs are more difficult/demanding than impressions for hearing aids.  It helps if your audiologist has some experience and understanding of those differences.  Piotr also mentioned that for his silicone CIEMs the mouth should be open but not as widely as you would for acrylic earphones.  The bite block supplied me had two separate levels, I used the first/lower level for my Pro 330 impressions.

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #505 of 4,065
The photos of the harmony look great! 

i think once i get my pro330v2 i'll start to save up to follow up!

merry christmas to all of you!

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #506 of 4,065
They look amazing !

Those are my future CIEMs <3

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #507 of 4,065
I was wondering if these silicone CIEMs turn yellow after some months of use. I know this was stated as a problem for other silicone brands in reviews on this site (except Sensaphonics which use a different grade of silicone), but I was wondering if Custom Art also yellows after heavy use. It isn't really a deal breaker in any way as I'll just get a darker color if I do purchase one, but I wanted to ask all of the individuals with clear or lighter color Custom Arts. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #508 of 4,065
  after a bit of conversation with peter regarding the new harmony series (the new flagship?), here are what i got:
1) sound signature
Signature is similar to HiFiman LE5 and somehow resembles Ear Sonics signature. Quite balanced sound with extreme resolution and somehow bright but not fatiguing.
2) crossover
3way. 4 bores.
3) estimate price
3000PLN (~€750) on pre-order (it's planned but not finial)
4) launch date
December2013 - January2014

i hope the above info will help any head-fier's who are interested

anyway i wanna know the main differences between P and S ver for the pro330 and which one you guys prefer.
and anyone having durability problem with the silicon ciem?
it'll be great if there is any reply regarding the above questions

Hope you don't mind the quote 
tongue.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #509 of 4,065
  So I'm looking at the Custom Art facebook photo of the upcoming Harmony and I count 4 bores... Is this going to be possible for those of us with narrower than average canals?

If your canals fitted regular Pro330v2 they should be able to fit 4 Harmony sound bores - tubes are much more smaller than those used in original Pro330. However completely different question is if your ears will be big enough to fit all the driver and crossover.

4 bores = 4 BAs ? Saw another driver at the middle of the shell so I assume there's 5 BAs in total , probably a 4 or 5 way design ? Looks great
wink.gif

Is it?
wink.gif
I must admit not releasing the number of driver keeps the tension high :D

I was wondering if these silicone CIEMs turn yellow after some months of use. I know this was stated as a problem for other silicone brands in reviews on this site (except Sensaphonics which use a different grade of silicone), but I was wondering if Custom Art also yellows after heavy use. It isn't really a deal breaker in any way as I'll just get a darker color if I do purchase one, but I wanted to ask all of the individuals with clear or lighter color Custom Arts. 

Yes, the silicone will turn slight yellow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back