New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Sep 1, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #706 of 789
  Hello folks. Just FYI for anyone interested in a Liquid Glass. There are only 2 left from this current production run. We have, more or less, decided that we aren't going to make any more LG amps because they are complicated to make, even though there is no other amp like the Glass on the market that can roll so many tubes and give you so many different sounds.

As Alex knows, I hold this amp very dear to my heart and I will be very sad to see the last of its line fade into glory. 

..dB

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #707 of 789
Darn, I was hoping to order one on the next run. Spent too much money in the last 6 months on dacs, amps, and phones.

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #709 of 789
Just so flexible and tunable. Would jump in while you guys got the chance.

Jut one caveat, you can get carried away with the tunability & end up spending much more than the cost of the amp on collecting tubes. like me 
redface.gif
. Ah well....atleast my son will enjoy good sound when he grows up. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #712 of 789
I had wanted to get this amp too. Oh well I can always dream. :)

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #713 of 789
If I had known this, I might have tried to raise the funds for this amp, instead of going for the Crimson. Oh well one can not always get what one wants. :)

Oct 10, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #714 of 789
I broke down and got one of last Liquid Glass amps. I plan to use the following tube pairs: Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes, Ediswan cv 2492, Genalex Gold Lions, Telefunken TK's. My main question, are there any particular tubes I should look for. Although I will not be getting anything for a few months, must pay off this amp first. I hope everyone is having a great time jamming out.

Oct 10, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #716 of 789
I
I broke down and got one of last Liquid Glass amps. I plan to use the following tube pairs: Telefunken E88CC platinum tubes, Ediswan cv 2492, Genalex Gold Lions, Telefunken TK's. My main question, are there any particular tubes I should look for. Although I will not be getting anything for a few months, must pay off this amp first. I hope everyone is having a great time jamming out.

I think most people agree that 6sn7 tubes offer greater performance than the 12au7 tubes. For instance, I found the e88cc telefunken (premium) to be a bit sharp, if not strident.

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #717 of 789
I
I think most people agree that 6sn7 tubes offer greater performance than the 12au7 tubes. For instance, I found the e88cc telefunken (premium) to be a bit sharp, if not strident.

Sweet thanks for your feedback. I will look around for some 6sn7 tubes. Please have a good day jamming out.

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #718 of 789
The stock tubes that it comes with (Electro Harmonix 6SN7) should be quite good with the HE1K (haven't heard Ether or Alpha Prime)

Thanks for your advice, it is appreciated. I will slowly expand my tube library. Hope your rig puts a big old smile on your face, as you jam out.

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #719 of 789
My liquid Glass has shown up very impressed. Here are some pictures

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #720 of 789
Very nice....you are in for a treat and a journey in tube rolling!  No matter how I plan my home setup, Liquid Glass is one amp I just can't let go.  So flexible with so many different headphones.  Enjoy!

P.S.  Let me just save you a lot of $$ and searching if you're looking to get it done in one swoop.  Roll 6sn7/12sn7 Sylvania Bad Boys (True bad boys from 1952) or Tung Sol Round Plates and you'll be in paradise with that amp.  If you're looking for some nice value tubes, I'd keep an eye out for cheap Hytron 12sn7 to roll as an alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back