New!! Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson Amp
Apr 29, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #166 of 207

Loving this combo at work all week! Modded HE500, Silver Dragon, Liquid Crimson, Mojo. The Crimson is just killer with the HiFiMans. HE500 and HE1000 especially.

Nice setup!  I am also running the mojo for now.  Great combo.    RB2013 of this thread     http://www.head-fi.org/t/761078/6922-tube-review-17-top-6922-6n23p-e88cc-cca-7308-e188cc-tubes
hooked me up with the 74.  I had previously bought a pair of 75's from him and he is great to deal with.   

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #167 of 207

Nice setup!  I am also running the mojo for now.  Great combo.    RB2013 of this thread     http://www.head-fi.org/t/761078/6922-tube-review-17-top-6922-6n23p-e88cc-cca-7308-e188cc-tubes
hooked me up with the 74.  I had previously bought a pair of 75's from him and he is great to deal with.   

Yeah, Bob's the man. I remember when he did that tube shootout. Hell of an undertaking.

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #168 of 207
  Alright, I like it a lot.  I'd say outside chance it could be my last amp, but given my history, that is unlikely.  I did bust out the Carbon again, to do some switching back and fourth.  I'll report back once I can describe the difference a little bit.

I would like to ask for a bit of discussion on non-stock tubes that people have tried.  I'm not in a particular hurry to try anything out.  Something that Alex Cavalli wrote somewhere (probably his website....) implied that the Crimson's tube implementation is not really dependent to a great degree on what tube is used.

My plan is to listen to read what folks have tried, track down one of the major favorites, and try it out compared to the Genalex stock tube.  That is pretty likely to be the extent of my Crimson tube rolling.  Hopefully.

oh, I have a pair of HD650's arriving Monday to try something that will require more than 20 degrees of volume knob rotation between silent and deaf.

I would recommend a russian rocket tube. Either Reflektor or Vodshock National 6N23P from the mid seventies. They are increadibly transparent with very solid bass and great musical flow. The one I got was a Vodshock/National grey shield single getter from ca mid seventies and it sounds like a combination of Telefunkeln E88CC and an Amperex

best,

Ásgeir

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #169 of 207
I finally replaced my everyday listening tube the Genalex Gold Lion, with a NOS EDISWAN CV 2492 tube. I am quite happy with this tube. My HE 1000's sound superb from the Liquid Crimson, with the Ediswan CV 2492 NOS tube. The bass has more impact and slam to it, without sounding bloated. The bass, in Frank Zappa's Republicans , has more thud, which makes the track come ominously alive. Likewise the mids are sweeter yet remain ever so transparent and natural sounding. Dave Brubeck's Take Five, from his Time Out Album, the mids are sweet as honey, but none of the detail and natural transparency is lost. The result is this track just sounds devine, feel like I am in smokey jazz club, sipping scotch, grooving to the intoxicating sound. The treble is spot on without too much sparkle or fatiguing sybilance. I really like hearing Patric Doyle's Henry V ( the soundtrack), and I never detected any annoying sybilance. I have new respect and admiration for Liquid Crimson and it will always remain in my stable of amps.

May 5, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #170 of 207
I have spent a full week with the Crimson now and to me its just amazing.  Just incredibly smooth.   I had a violectric v281previously (amongst others)  and just never got the same feeling.   Dang I could have saved a lot of money on this journey if I would have known what I do now.  
beyersmile.png

Jun 10, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #171 of 207
I finally replaced my everyday listening tube the Genalex Gold Lion, with a NOS EDISWAN CV 2492 tube. I am quite happy with this tube. My HE 1000's sound superb from the Liquid Crimson, with the Ediswan CV 2492 NOS tube. The bass has more impact and slam to it, without sounding bloated. The bass, in Frank Zappa's Republicans , has more thud, which makes the track come ominously alive. Likewise the mids are sweeter yet remain ever so transparent and natural sounding. Dave Brubeck's Take Five, from his Time Out Album, the mids are sweet as honey, but none of the detail and natural transparency is lost. The result is this track just sounds devine, feel like I am in smokey jazz club, sipping scotch, grooving to the intoxicating sound. The treble is spot on without too much sparkle or fatiguing sybilance. I really like hearing Patric Doyle's Henry V ( the soundtrack), and I never detected any annoying sybilance. I have new respect and admiration for Liquid Crimson and it will always remain in my stable of amps.

I believe you have the liquid glass as well. Can you please post some impressons of it against the crimson?

Thanks

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #172 of 207
Hey there Crimson owners! According to UPS tracking, I should be joining the club tomorrow – couldn't be more excited! I've been doing some reading lately, and I'm curious to know if any of you can offer any comparisons between the Cavalli and the Woo WA22. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #177 of 207
Why all the products on their website are listed as unavailable?

They are made available in mass production runs. The final run on those products was earlier this year. The next run will be all new stuff. Your options now are to buy used or, in some cases, acquire them through a dealer.

Nov 18, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #179 of 207
New stuff, new models or upgrading the existing line?

How many runs per year?

New models, including the much anticipated Liquid Tungsten and the portable Liquid Spark.

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #180 of 207
Hey Liquid Crimson fans, did you hear about the new prototype Cavalli amps they were showing at Socal last weekend?  One of them is a new fully balanced Liquid Crimson that's much smaller and half the price (~$1500 estimated)!  As a Crimson owner for some time, I can say that it sounded pretty darned close (though I haven't been able to A/B).  As someone who had to sell the Crimson to fund real life, this thing has me SUPER excited!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back