1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last
  1. CalvinW
    then you probably won’t like the atlas either. It’s not a totally different signature.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  2. aaf evo
    Hmmm. I mean I didn’t necessarily dislike the Vega’s signature I guess it was more how it was presented? I’m not treble sensitive at all... huge Tia Fourte fan, but the Vega treble made my ears want to bleed.

Perhaps though. Maybe if I see one on BST I’ll scoop it up just to see how it is. I love the LX which I feel from what I’ve read shouldn’t be far off the atlas signature.

3. CalvinW
    Depends on the person, I guess. The treble on the vega sounds great to me

aaf evo likes this.
  4. aaf evo
    Yep absolutely!

CalvinW likes this.
  5. twocentsear
    How's the imaging of the Atlas compared to the Andromedas?

6. ExpatinJapan
    ACDA70B4-CF73-4CBA-A5FA-7BB29A980ABE.jpeg

A12413C4-BBDE-4AF1-87C2-4DF053C2D69E.jpeg

Final audio tips (jvc spiral tips a close second).

Colors and alphanumerix1 like this.
  7. Random Lunatic
    Anyone by chance able to compare the Atlas to a Seenheiser IE800?
    Since it sounds like they might be in the same sort of territory...

8. subguy812
    I have settled on Final Audio tips...the sound with the QP2R is sublime.
    20180514_054845~2.jpg

9. alphanumerix1
    Are those tips included?

10. subguy812
    Yes the Final Audio tips are included

11. Colors
    Hi, can you comment on how your iFi xDSD sound with your Comets and other IEMs?

I tried it in-store and wasn't particularly impressed by it. I didn't get a chance to test Bluetooth though and probably needed more time with it. Going to test it out again this week :)

ExpatinJapan likes this.
  12. kdphan
    I'd be interested in this as well.

I like the ie800 a lot

13. Euphonik
    Oh man, this doesn't bode well for my wallet, lol. Since you own the Vega (as do I) do you think the upgrade is worth it? It seems to me that a Vega with better mids/larger stage would be pretty amazing insofar as single DDs go...

14. faithguy19
    I would say that the Atlas is better in just about everything imo. I ended up selling something to buy the Atlas and once I got the Atlas I felt comfortable selling the Vega. I didn't really feel like I needed both the Atlas and the Vega. For me the upgrade was worth it. It probably won't be for everyone though. Depends on how much you want to spend for better sound.

Euphonik, knopi and linux4ever like this.
  15. subguy812
    At first listen, bass is overwhelming, only at first. They find their balance, the treble extends well and has a very "real" tone. The mids are very present which you would not appreciate on a quick sampling. When people describe them as V shaped I know they haven't given them time. I never heard Vega but I have heard Andromeda, so I would assume they are between the two. Frankly, I would take the Atlas hands down, with the Andromeda being a good companion. The bass is very good as you could expect from a DD. I think once you hear the the Atlas and give it time to allow your brain to adjust you will find it difficult to listen to others.

Some of this was typed from another thread....

It is quickly moving up the ranks as a favorite. I haven't begun to write my review so that is all I am saying.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last