NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
May 12, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #901 of 3,483
then you probably won’t like the atlas either. It’s not a totally different signature.

Hmmm. I mean I didn’t necessarily dislike the Vega’s signature I guess it was more how it was presented? I’m not treble sensitive at all... huge Tia Fourte fan, but the Vega treble made my ears want to bleed.

Perhaps though. Maybe if I see one on BST I’ll scoop it up just to see how it is. I love the LX which I feel from what I’ve read shouldn’t be far off the atlas signature.

May 12, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #902 of 3,483
Hmmm. I mean I didn’t necessarily dislike the Vega’s signature I guess it was more how it was presented? I’m not treble sensitive at all... huge Tia Fourte fan, but the Vega treble made my ears want to bleed.

Perhaps though. Maybe if I see one on BST I’ll scoop it up just to see how it is. I love the LX which I feel from what I’ve read shouldn’t be far off the atlas signature.
Depends on the person, I guess. The treble on the vega sounds great to me

May 14, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #905 of 3,483
ACDA70B4-CF73-4CBA-A5FA-7BB29A980ABE.jpeg

A12413C4-BBDE-4AF1-87C2-4DF053C2D69E.jpeg

Final audio tips (jvc spiral tips a close second).

May 14, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #910 of 3,483

Final audio tips (jvc spiral tips a close second).

Hi, can you comment on how your iFi xDSD sound with your Comets and other IEMs?

I tried it in-store and wasn't particularly impressed by it. I didn't get a chance to test Bluetooth though and probably needed more time with it. Going to test it out again this week :)

May 14, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #911 of 3,483
Anyone by chance able to compare the Atlas to a Seenheiser IE800?
Since it sounds like they might be in the same sort of territory...
I'd be interested in this as well.

I like the ie800 a lot

May 14, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #912 of 3,483
Atlas is proving to be one of if not the best iem I have heard. The sound is so full and big that it is hard for me to grasp at times.

Oh man, this doesn't bode well for my wallet, lol. Since you own the Vega (as do I) do you think the upgrade is worth it? It seems to me that a Vega with better mids/larger stage would be pretty amazing insofar as single DDs go...

May 14, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #913 of 3,483
Oh man, this doesn't bode well for my wallet, lol. Since you own the Vega (as do I) do you think the upgrade is worth it? It seems to me that a Vega with better mids/larger stage would be pretty amazing insofar as single DDs go...

I would say that the Atlas is better in just about everything imo. I ended up selling something to buy the Atlas and once I got the Atlas I felt comfortable selling the Vega. I didn't really feel like I needed both the Atlas and the Vega. For me the upgrade was worth it. It probably won't be for everyone though. Depends on how much you want to spend for better sound.

May 14, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #914 of 3,483
At first listen, bass is overwhelming, only at first. They find their balance, the treble extends well and has a very "real" tone. The mids are very present which you would not appreciate on a quick sampling. When people describe them as V shaped I know they haven't given them time. I never heard Vega but I have heard Andromeda, so I would assume they are between the two. Frankly, I would take the Atlas hands down, with the Andromeda being a good companion. The bass is very good as you could expect from a DD. I think once you hear the the Atlas and give it time to allow your brain to adjust you will find it difficult to listen to others.

Some of this was typed from another thread....

It is quickly moving up the ranks as a favorite. I haven't begun to write my review so that is all I am saying.

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #915 of 3,483
I hooked up Comet with a 4.4mm balanced cable to Sony ZX300 (about 150 hours of burn-in. Yes, Sony recommends burn-in with normal volume and normal tracks). Zx300 was set to high-gain. Outstanding sound presentation with Comet.

Very good width and separation. Positioning and imaging is stunning. Very good pair up.

May be when I get some time later, I'll pair it up with Sony WM1A & iBasso DX200 (with AMP4S & AMP4) with the same 4.4mm balanced cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back