1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last
  1. faithguy19
    Andromeda
    Vega
    Phantom
    Legend X
    Tia Fourte
    U18T
    Hidition NT-6pro
    Hidition Viento
    Roxanne
    Layla
    AW900
    Noble K10U
    64 A12t
    Tia Trio
    Others

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Slashn77 and knopi like this.
  2. aaf evo
    Wow. Well that is quite the compliment then.

3. faithguy19
    Keep in mind this is based off of my personal preference. Several were auditioned and I owned a few personally. My favorite IEMs ever are probably Atlas, U18t, Phantom, Vega, K10, & Andromeda.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    knopi likes this.
  4. kdphan
    wow...

Ken Ball is probably blushing right now :)

B9Scrambler likes this.
  5. linux4ever
    How does Atlas compare to u18t based on your experience with both?

6. faithguy19
    Honestly, I don't remember enough about the u18t to confidently state that. It had a huge soundstage if memory serves me correctly. I remember it being more polite than how I hear the Atlas. Less bass and better treble and mids.

linux4ever and B9Scrambler like this.
  7. Jackpot77
    Been trying to write one for a while - will be working on it over the weekend, so hopefully will be posting up early next week.

To add to the general consensus, I'm finding that the Atlas is one of the best overall sounding IEMs I've personally heard, too. Such a big and beautifully balanced sound, without any recession in the midrange.

Just for reference, my recent higher end experience includes the Andro, Vega, Zeus-XR, EE Athena, JH Angie, 64 Audio U8, AKT8IE and Rhapsodio Zombie - not heard the new EE lineup yet and only had a few brief minutes with the 64 Audio flagships at the last UK Canjam, so can't really comment on those.

singingbee likes this.
  8. Beechedwhale8
    How fatiguing is the Atlas? Any sibilance?

9. 8481
    Got my comets, was trying out different tips and learned something new today with the spin fit tips.

My right earhole is smaller than my left, medium spinfit fit well in my right but was loose in my left.

singingbee and faithguy19 like this.
  10. faithguy19
    I do not get any sibilance from the Atlas. I would say it is more fatiguing than some totl iems due to its big and powerful sound.

singingbee likes this.
  11. rawrster
    How does the Atlas compare with customs in the 1k-1,5k price range? The majority of universals in this price range are large and cause me fit issues (I sold the Andromeda for this reason). If the Atlas is not much larger than the Comets it sounds like they would be perfect for that use. The advantage is that I have a local dealer that sells the Atlas so I could demo and see if they fit well.

I sold the SE846 recently and it sounds like the Atlas would be similar sounding with better treble and maybe not as much bass?

davidcotton and singingbee like this.
  12. faithguy19
    I too have fit issues with many totl earphones due to my very small canals. My only issue with the Andromeda was that it irritated my ears due to my small ears. Atlas fits me perfectly, but it probably wouldn't hurt to demo them if you could. They are quite small though.

singingbee likes this.
  13. kakistos
    Damn, now I'm interested in the Atlas. I received the Andromedas this Wednesday and they're beautiful but I'm so curious about the Atlas. I can still return these but I'm in a sticky situation...

singingbee likes this.
  14. ExpatinJapan
    Same here. It was quite the revelation when I finally worked out what was happening.
    ——————————-

On another note...

I had been listening to the Atlas solidly for a few days and went back to my beloved Andromeda.... and missed the Atlas.

This is unusual as even though I try and review other earphones and often enjoy them immensely I always get a ‘ah, back home’ with the Andros.

So this was a bit of a shock to the system.

More testing is needed.

-Atlas with the Litz didnt sound as good to me as the stock cable.

-I havent tried the Andromeda with the new Atlas cable yet.

- Also I havent done a proper comparison using a headphone switcher (and volume matched with spl) between Atlas/Andromeda and Vega yet.

...I like to give the earphones/myself etc a bit of time to go through the various stages of here it is, new toy, its different, its good here, not good here etc etc before settling down to review.

Jackpot77, kdphan, TERTBUTYL and 3 others like this.
  15. emptymt
    Would you kindly compare between the Atlas and the Phantom?
    Those 2 are in my radar right now, but I won't be able to audition the phantom due to my location

Atlas will be in the dealership sometime next week, like many Others here I really like the Andros, so I'm expecting great thing from the Atlas.

Thx!

First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last