Pretty sweet bro :)

20180413_093604.jpg
20180413_093757.jpg

Attachments

• 20180413_093700_001.jpg
    20180413_093700_001.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 12, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #392 of 3,483
I then had them make the entire MMCX, both male and female, out of 100% pure Beryllium Copper, then we had the metal heat tempered for extra hardness.
I loved MMCX connectors on Andro. But I heard about the toxicity of Beryllium. I would greatly appreciate it if you comment on safety concern. Thank you.

Apr 12, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #393 of 3,483
I have been making cables for a long time and the FIRST thing I did on my long dusty road to making IEMs was find a ace connector MFG. I then had them make the entire MMCX, both male and female, out of 100% pure Beryllium Copper, then we had the metal heat tempered for extra hardness. BE copper that has been heat treated is very very hard and not easily worn away from friction. ALL MMCX parts are made with sh**y brass that is super soft and over time yeah you will get a intermittent connection, so my friend Drew is correct. So we have had almost zero issues with our MMCX parts, male and female, they are bomb proof. We have them gold plated, this can be a problem because you cant gold plate on to bare copper so most companies use a nickel plating and then gold over top of the nickel. The problem with nickel is it is somewhat magnetic and that sucks for HiFI = causes some ringing. So we had a alternate plating that is not magnetic, problem solved. Anyhoo yeah we have a killer micro connector company (aerospace) where we have all our hardware custom made for Campfire Audio.

Thank you,

Ken

Agree with this. BeCu is heat treated then cooled slowly by forced convection or some other proprietary to make it very hard. I wonder what diffusion layer that company used between gold and BeCu. I'm guessing palladium (much weaker magnetic property than nickel) though since rhodium and platinum IIRC are very difficult substrates to activate to plate gold without delamination.

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #394 of 3,483
I loved MMCX connectors on Andro. But I heard about the toxicity of Beryllium. I would greatly appreciate it if you comment on safety concern. Thank you.

BE Copper, the parts a double plated and even then you would have a pulverize the parts into a very fine dust and then inhale, snort or ear a lot of it in order for it to be harm you and even then the amount of BE is tiny. Im talking like .5 um (Micron size, super small) Its only dangerous in it pure dust state.

Kb

Last edited:
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 13, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #395 of 3,483
But at the same time, for me the treble makes Comet a bit fatiguing to listen for long time. Maybe it's just for me but I have point it out as my own experience.

I experience fatigue within an hour. Sound signature like this has that effect on me. That's the limit of my ear and anatomy.

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #397 of 3,483
This is getting absolutely ridiculous now with the fullscreen photos in every damn page. Half of the content is these photos and not actual conversation. I have reported you and your posts (whether or not something is done) and am blocking you as well. I feel you are intentionally doing this and being rude as hell. If you feel photos are better for 99% of general population, the thumbnails would do the same thing.

Sorry for the derail but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #398 of 3,483
C87C46FD-C7CB-4890-A18C-F10E15893EFE.jpeg
This is getting absolutely ridiculous now with the fullscreen photos in every damn page. Half of the content is these photos and not actual conversation. I have reported you and your posts (whether or not something is done) and am blocking you as well. I feel you are intentionally doing this and being rude as hell. If you feel photos are better for 99% of general population, the thumbnails would do the same thing.

Sorry for the derail but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Can’t wait for that big boy to arrive

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #400 of 3,483
I heard the vega and andromeda yesterday, liked both, but andromeda was really breath taking

my question would the mids of the atlas be as present within the whole spectrum than being recessed or affected by the lows

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #401 of 3,483
I heard the vega and andromeda yesterday, liked both, but andromeda was really breath taking

my question would the mids of the atlas be as present within the whole spectrum than being recessed or affected by the lows

Early word on Atlas from folks who tried them is BIG sound. I assume that implies a large stage with good mids. Everything Ken makes is pretty dope. If that's his new TOTL it's a safe bet the mids and stage are exceptional

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #402 of 3,483
Early word on Atlas from folks who tried them is BIG sound. I assume that implies a large stage with good mids. Everything Ken makes is pretty dope. If that's his new TOTL it's a safe bet the mids and stage are exceptional

Already placed an order for atlas through our distributor, also have a legend x on the way. It will be interesting times. Will keep you all updated

The Atlas looks so amazing and I am sure it will be sounding amazing as well.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #403 of 3,483
BE Copper, the parts a double plated and even then you would have a pulverize the parts into a very fine dust and then inhale, snort or ear a lot of it in order for it to be harm you and even then the amount of BE is tiny. Im talking like .5 um (Micron size, super small) Its only dangerous in it pure dust state.

Kb
Great to know. Thank you for the detailed reply. Now I just placed an order.

Apr 13, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #404 of 3,483
I like his pictures and he has the right to post whatever he wants the same as anyone else. You can chose not to look...
That's not the issue, looking or not, but that for some mobile users bandwidth wasted equals money wasted meaning additional charges accrued for no good reason. Using the thumbnail option is a decent compromise but using the spoiler option to hide it from mobile users is best.

Remember, just because you and those you know don't have a metered internet connection there are plenty who do.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #405 of 3,483
Already placed an order for atlas through our distributor, also have a legend x on the way. It will be interesting times. Will keep you all updated

The Atlas looks so amazing and I am sure it will be sounding amazing as well.
Atlas vs Legend X should be a heck of a showdown. Seems like you'll be one of the first to own both at once, looking forward to your impressions!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back