NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 22, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,196 of 3,483
I find them very comfortable too and they say in my ear no problem. They sound good with all genres so far. What dap do you use with yours?

They sound great with most devices, they're very forgiving. I use it the majority of the time with the Kann Cube but had good results on the es100, A&K SP1000m and Mojo.

Apr 22, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #3,197 of 3,483
The atlas sound great with classical music. To be fair they sound great with everything that I've tried with them. I think I prefer them to the andros

I preferred Atlas to Andro too. The Atlas is in some way the forgotten child of the Campfire lineup as its flagship status was quickly superseded by the Solaris and it's never really been widely recognized for being as good as it is. I'm tempted to say that the Atlas is the best IEM for classical that I've heard-- better than the Solaris, Z1R, VX, LX and u12t. There's something about the coherence of a single DD combined with the power and sweep the low end brings to an orchestra that just works. I was not expecting this when I owned the Atlas but it's what I've found...nothing I've owned/demoed since has quite matched the Atlas' performance with classical.

Apr 22, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #3,198 of 3,483
I preferred Atlas to Andro too. The Atlas is in some way the forgotten child of the Campfire lineup as its flagship status was quickly superseded by the Solaris and it's never really been widely recognized for being as good as it is. I'm tempted to say that the Atlas is the best IEM for classical that I've heard-- better than the Solaris, Z1R, VX, LX and u12t. There's something about the coherence of a single DD combined with the power and sweep the low end brings to an orchestra that just works. I was not expecting this when I owned the Atlas but it's what I've found...nothing I've owned/demoed since has quite matched the Atlas' performance with classical.
Your correct the atlas sounds better than any other iems that I own for classical. I'm still trying to find my way with classical music. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #3,199 of 3,483
Your correct the atlas sounds better than any other iems that I own for classical. I'm still trying to find my way with classical music. Any suggestions would be appreciated

That's an eminently personal decision as classical music pretty much spans the entire spectrum of human emotions, moods and sensibilities. Personally I'm a big fan of Bach...so I would personally recommend something like the Brandenburg Concertos (the Trevor Pinnock recordings).

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #3,200 of 3,483
That's an eminently personal decision as classical music pretty much spans the entire spectrum of human emotions, moods and sensibilities. Personally I'm a big fan of Bach...so I would personally recommend something like the Brandenburg Concertos (the Trevor Pinnock recordings).
Lol that is weird as hell. That's the exact recording I'm listening to today!

Apr 23, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #3,201 of 3,483
I think I've come full circle with the atlas lol. I'm loving the stock cable and the FAD tips combo (partly due to the modded WM1A fw). It sounds L-shaped now :L3000:
3.01 (E2) + Jupiter 3.01 on direct low gain.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,202 of 3,483
I kinda felt I was gushing in my review of Atlas....but it is engaging as hell.

May 3, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #3,203 of 3,483
Erm I think the atlas may be my favourite campfire iem. Wasn't expecting that.

May 3, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #3,204 of 3,483
It’s quite addictive isn’t it! I’m finding it very hard to part ways with it which I told myself I’d do after getting the Solaris SE but can’t bring myself to do it! I’ll know what lol regret it... so now I’ve got to try and conjure up some cash through other means. These really don’t get as much love as they deserve.

May 3, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #3,205 of 3,483

Have you heard the Solaris? I loved the Atlas and preferred it over Andro, which has always been out of step with conventional wisdom. It's a tremendous IEM and may still be the best one I've heard for classical.

May 3, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #3,206 of 3,483
It’s quite addictive isn’t it! I’m finding it very hard to part ways with it which I told myself I’d do after getting the Solaris SE but can’t bring myself to do it! I’ll know what lol regret it... so now I’ve got to try and conjure up some cash through other means. These really don’t get as much love as they deserve.

No they don't. The Atlas were my first upper echelon IEM-- the first one that truly blew my mind-- and I'll always have a soft spot for them in my heart. It's too bad they were more-or-less overshadowed by the Solaris almost immediately after they were released. Still, they have-- very slow but steadily-- been developing a fan base during the past year. The fact that you can have the Atlas in your stable alongside the Legend X and still justify keeping it is interesting to me...I haven't heard an Atlas in over a year. Since it's pretty much a buyer's market for the Atlas right now I may wind up picking one up just to see how it sounds to me after everything I've been through in the time since I sold it.

May 3, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #3,207 of 3,483
Yeah unfortunately they didn’t stay too long at the top of the food chain to garner the attention they deserve. Nevertheless I think those that have crossed paths with them and spent longer than a 10 minutes with them have generally left with a positive impression. There is something to be said about a single DD setup, all of my IEM’s are more technically impressive but when comparing to the Legend I find that the Atlas has more of a “bigger” sound. It obviously has no where near the technical chops of the Legend and the Legend comes across as the more neutral / audiophile listen. The Atlas is warmer and has a more atmospheric feeling to it, I’m putting that down to the more mid-bass centric signature. Atlas also wins as a more plug and play IEM thanks to its hang down fit and not being a custom which has some value to me when comparing to my Custom Legend.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #3,208 of 3,483
Those factors, alongside the huge loss I’d make on them (there is most definitely a buyers market for them currently) is making it very difficult for me to part ways with them.

May 3, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #3,210 of 3,483
I have the same sentiments. Before i used to trash atlas for being all bass no dynamics but when i actually bought one, i cant find a fault to it (aside from it getting random scratches here and there even though ive never used it outdoors and is mostly sitting inside its peli case snuggly). I never in my wildest dreams thought id be satisfied with a bassy iem and a v shaped at that! It just sounds so big and none of the 'cucked' feeling vocals that BAs exhibit. Just beautifully extended at both ends. First iem ive ever bought that i cant find a bad thing to say to it.

Edit: I found another con, the stock cable lol it does not do the atlas any justice. Atm im using a copper cable my friend made and boy does it make the atlas sing! Proper note thickness. You might say its already thick but when I tried it I found the stock cable sound thin, lifeless and down right cold. With the cable i have right now its super life like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back