NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Nov 3, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #2,296 of 3,483
Custom tips offer me the best sound experience, but I am one of the fortunate ones without any issues. To my ears, I would switch off between Spiral Dots and Final Audio. Actually, I just looked and Spiral Dots are on the Atlas currently.

Nov 3, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #2,298 of 3,483
It’s interesting. The Atlas oh-so flirts with upper bass bloat, but I never can quite make that call, fortunately. Must be the interesting tuning alluded to in reviews with that frequency dip in the lower mids. Kind of draws a “line in the sand”, if you will. Anyway the tuning works great for thinner recordings (usually older pop rock). Am currently listening to a modern day recording full of rich bass. Atlas handling it with aplomb.
Along those lines, it’s the only iem that’s done AC/DC back in black justice. Yes, though, I am EQ ing in more bass, hehe.

Nov 4, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #2,299 of 3,483
Anybody here owned a TripleFi 10 and a comet?

I have TF10s that have served me well for 6 years and chewed 3 sets of cables so far, but now the shell is falling apart. I’m wondering if the comet is comparable/better than the TF10.

No way to audition it where I am. So hope you guys can give me some input so I can make an informed decision.

Stuff I like about the TF10: details, sound stage, good vocals. Basically I’m happy with the TF10 (which is why I didn’t upgrade at all). Is a comet a step up to it?

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #2,300 of 3,483
Anybody here owned a TripleFi 10 and a comet?

I have TF10s that have served me well for 6 years and chewed 3 sets of cables so far, but now the shell is falling apart. I’m wondering if the comet is comparable/better than the TF10.

No way to audition it where I am. So hope you guys can give me some input so I can make an informed decision.

Stuff I like about the TF10: details, sound stage, good vocals. Basically I’m happy with the TF10 (which is why I didn’t upgrade at all). Is a comet a step up to it?

Heard the TF10 years back way before I owned the Comet. IMO, it's comparable though I wouldn't call it either a step up or step down. Comet, however, is brighter sounding with better treble extension of the two IIRC which can gives a forward sounding female vocals and violins as well as good treble (not as airy as Andromeda of course). Soundstage is slightly wider than TF10 and I can't comment about details since I have not compared them side by side.

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #2,301 of 3,483
For those in the uk it may be worth keeping an eye on hifiheadphones.co.uk this week. Seems they are running deals each day in the run up to Black Friday. Already had some decent deals with other brands so could be worth hanging fire. Worth noting they don't have stock of Atlas atm.

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #2,302 of 3,483
7D85BE45-0851-4FD3-A702-84DA2B0DAFCD.jpeg Campfire Audio Atlas with Symbio Mandarines tips (foams removed)

*idea from Andromeda thread @Dsnuts

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #2,303 of 3,483
Ok, I’m going to take leap here and share this…
Maybe more experienced headfiers can help, or even if Campfire folks Ken & Co. are still reading… some feedback

I think I have noticed that the Atlas are axis dependent?!
I notice a slight but strangely noticeable improvement in sound (stage perception, better instrument perception) while placing them on a “flat” x,y position, meaning with the cables shooting straight down.

This position also has the plus that (maybe just my ears) helps keep them at a perfect distance… not too out and not too inserted, and no driver flex.

Any thoughts, even if it is to tell me that I’m frying my ears and brain, or maybe that I just discovered hot water?!

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #2,304 of 3,483
Ok, I’m going to take leap here and share this…
Maybe more experienced headfiers can help, or even if Campfire folks Ken & Co. are still reading… some feedback

I think I have noticed that the Atlas are axis dependent?!
I notice a slight but strangely noticeable improvement in sound (stage perception, better instrument perception) while placing them on a “flat” x,y position, meaning with the cables shooting straight down.

This position also has the plus that (maybe just my ears) helps keep them at a perfect distance… not too out and not too inserted, and no driver flex.

Any thoughts, even if it is to tell me that I’m frying my ears and brain, or maybe that I just discovered hot water?!

More like sealing/vacuum pressure effect not because you wore it downwards to me where it needs to have some air without too much negative pressure effect for it to sound correct.

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #2,306 of 3,483
Well, I received the Spiral Dots today, and they are to small for my ear canals, What a disappointment.
I ordered the Large ones.

L size?

14854787-4799-41D2-B726-CB4B922CB820.jpeg 59D29F6F-6E03-4F7B-9FD7-846931F7A998.jpeg

The L size Spiral Tips should be a bit latger than the stock silicone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back