NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Oct 27, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #2,266 of 3,483
So, I seem to be at a point where I have my on the go set up sorted! I’ve settled for the Comet with Final Audio silicon tips or Blur White Chocolate 150ohm buds to partner my R3.
Fed up with all the tip rolling back and forth, so I settled on the final audios.......... I think :wink:

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #2,267 of 3,483
Or maybe the Klim foams from amazon? (The struggle is real)

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #2,268 of 3,483
It's a shame the Solaris doesn't ship with a silver cable. It looks like an interesting iem.

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #2,269 of 3,483
It's a shame the Solaris doesn't ship with a silver cable. It looks like an interesting iem.

The memory wire is back again. I'd swap those cables with the pure silver in a heartbeat

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #2,270 of 3,483
Solaris seems fabulous. I don’t feel I’m missing anything though with the Atlas, thank God.
Fortunately the oodles of bass serves some of my favorite old, thin 80’s and 70’s recordings well. Probably in this case better than Solaris would. I love the Atlas and refuse to allow buyers remorse

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #2,271 of 3,483
Solaris seems fabulous. I don’t feel I’m missing anything though with the Atlas, thank God.
Fortunately the oodles of bass serves some of my favorite old, thin 80’s and 70’s recordings well. Probably in this case better than Solaris would. I love the Atlas and refuse to allow buyers remorse

Good point!
One that I think, with all respect, others have missed.
We're in a society that pushes us to always want more. But sometimes, we can realize we have it pretty good.

How to have any remorse about having one of the best iems in the world?!
No way!
My daily commute is a superstar experience thanks to Campfire and the Atlas...

I don't suffer upgraditis very much, however.... next year's toy budget will definitely look at that Solaris.... :wink:

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #2,272 of 3,483
@Luisonic I absolutely love my Atlas for my daily commute to/from work as well. What are you driving yours with?

I hooked up my Oppo HA-2 to my Samsung s8+, they seem to pair really well... Tons of power available and sound wonderful! Especially with a bass boost :L3000:

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #2,273 of 3,483
Pulled the trigger on the Atlas, it will be delivered tomorrow. :grin:

It's an expensive purchase, no doubt. However, the goal here was to purchase an end game basshead IEM and from everything that I have read the Atlas delivers in this regard. I am not interested in neutrality, I just want something fun, engaging and bassy.

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #2,274 of 3,483
Them you'll love the Atlas :)

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #2,275 of 3,483
Pulled the trigger on the Atlas, it will be delivered tomorrow. :grin:

It's an expensive purchase, no doubt. However, the goal here was to purchase an end game basshead IEM and from everything that I have read the Atlas delivers in this regard. I am not interested in neutrality, I just want something fun, engaging and bassy.

The Atlas are definitely fun!! I had to EQ in a bit of subbass for them to give me a kick I was looking for, but they absolutely deliver without a doubt!! What are you planning to drive them from?

I'm currently listening to mine on the way to work :D if you like electronic music I highly reccomend "vini vici - talking with U.F.O's as a wicked bass shaker that's insanely fun to listen to

Remember.. EQ in that extra down low if you're truly a basshead, you won't regret it

Oct 29, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #2,276 of 3,483
Atlas is great, you can't go wrong with it. When I was buying it I thought it will just complement my Andro if I need a bass. Now it's the other way around.
DD sound is so coherent, fun and musical. :)

Also, some pages back I recommended Comply Ts tips with Atlas, but recently I got Jvc Spiral Dots recommended by other guys in this thread. These make Atlas shine!!!

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #2,277 of 3,483
Atlas is great, you can't go wrong with it. When I was buying it I thought it will just complement my Andro if I need a bass. Now it's the other way around.
DD sound is so coherent, fun and musical. :)

Also, some pages back I recommended Comply Ts tips with Atlas, but recently I got Jvc Spiral Dots recommended by other guys in this thread. These make Atlas shine!!!
Agreed all of above. While Andro mids compelling, I found Atlas more cohesive across the freq band. Ditto spiral dots!

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,278 of 3,483
@Luisonic I absolutely love my Atlas for my daily commute to/from work as well. What are you driving yours with?

I hooked up my Oppo HA-2 to my Samsung s8+, they seem to pair really well... Tons of power available and sound wonderful! Especially with a bass boost :L3000:

While I save up for my next jump (L&P L6) I'm getting really good results from the simple combo iPhone X and Dragonfly Red. Using the MyuRa app (that replicates really well the sound of a warmish high-end DAP).
Loads of clarity and musicality, excellent separation, stage, and sound = dream commute.
The funnest two hours of my day (except for the time I spend with my girlfriend... of coooooourse!)

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #2,279 of 3,483
The Atlas are definitely fun!! I had to EQ in a bit of subbass for them to give me a kick I was looking for, but they absolutely deliver without a doubt!! What are you planning to drive them from?

I'm currently listening to mine on the way to work :D if you like electronic music I highly reccomend "vini vici - talking with U.F.O's as a wicked bass shaker that's insanely fun to listen to

Remember.. EQ in that extra down low if you're truly a basshead, you won't regret it

I love listening to electronic with Atlas, I actually think it is one the genres that is treated the best by these gentle beasts!

I would also recommend, deadmau5 (nice rhythms and sound), DZAR (fantastic Detroit), and a higher level IMO, my oh my! the beauty of the sounds and music of Desolate, a definite must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back