NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Sep 27, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #2,087 of 3,483
Someone's really hyped eh? :D
YES!!!!!! :D I can't wait to hear the Atlas. As much as I love my Th900mk2, they're not the easiest to transport for day to day use, neither is my iFi micro Black Label lol. I'm hoping I can switch to using my Oppo HA-2 combined with my Samsung s8+, but may look into a DAP.

It's my first experience with high end IEMs, so it'll be curious to see how they can compete with big cans

Sep 27, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #2,088 of 3,483
YES!!!!!! :D I can't wait to hear the Atlas. As much as I love my Th900mk2, they're not the easiest to transport for day to day use, neither is my iFi micro Black Label lol. I'm hoping I can switch to using my Oppo HA-2 combined with my Samsung s8+, but may look into a DAP.

It's my first experience with high end IEMs, so it'll be curious to see how they can compete with big cans
Nice ... I'm also looking forward to an DAP ... Hiby R3 would be nice for my FLACs and the tidal streaming :) ... but I'm switching jobs soon which means I should hold myself back xD

Sep 27, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #2,089 of 3,483
Nice ... I'm also looking forward to an DAP ... Hiby R3 would be nice for my FLACs and the tidal streaming :) ... but I'm switching jobs soon which means I should hold myself back xD

The hiby r6 pro should be coming out soon, so I may get that.. Tidal streaming is nice, and from what I've heard I can control the Tidal app on the Hiby from my Android phone.. So its kind of a wireless solution too :wink:

Sep 27, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #2,090 of 3,483
The hiby r6 pro should be coming out soon, so I may get that.. Tidal streaming is nice, and from what I've heard I can control the Tidal app on the Hiby from my Android phone.. So its kind of a wireless solution too :wink:
Damn the R6 looks really nice in terms of tech specs! , would be nice to get one in europe ...without the stupid customs ...

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #2,094 of 3,483
- ANYBODY who is not an audiophile (sort of a hearing disorder..) will tell you're nuts... while they spend money on cars and dumb upgrades, makeup and dresses, or whatever else sharpens their tool.
I think money is just the means to an end, and though I'm not rich at all, I can say that my money is well spent in all the things I have, because they're all designed to give me a quality life that, sometimes I ardently desired from afar (health problems too long to mention). And so, if it rocks your world, and knowing what you know about yourself, you know it will for a foreseeable and significant future, my answer is "press the get key".

You just hit a sweet spot there Luisonic.

5 years ago I couldn't almost get up from bed and I lost absolutely all interest in listening to music and almost in life. For me it was quite shocking, for music for me has always been more important even than sex. Yes. I know that not many people understand this... but hey, it's MY life after all! (and I don't want this to become an Audiholics Anonymous :D thread, but I'm sure you all get my point here... :) )

You are right, I actually owe this to myself.

Thanks Luisonic! :thumbsup:

If you take care of them, there is no reason they should not last 10 years. I have far less expensive plastic iems that are more than 10 years old and work perfectly. The atlas is built like a tank and is solid metal so they are vwry sturdy. Dynamic drivers are generally more hardy than balanced armature drivers, which can be more affected by sudden impacts (drops) or temperature extremes. As long as they don't get crushed (not likely to happen short of sticking them in a hydraulic press) or fall and get completely submerged in water, there is really no reason they should not last for many years. There aren't that many parts in them to break.

Also, I call shenanigans on the seemingly accepted idea that cables fail "often". They can fail, yes, but again, If you take care of them, they can and should last years. MHO fwiw.

Yes, if they last 10 years they will be the cheapest and BEST investment I will have made in a long time! They look quite sturdy anyway.

Looking forward to getting them now! :D

Sep 27, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #2,095 of 3,483
I did burn-in my Vega and doing the same on the Atlas. However I can't remember what Campfire recommends on the burn-in time for their DD IEMs.

Anyone remember ?

Bump. Anyone?

Though I'm a bit skeptic on burning in —I think it could work in the sense that the brain adjusts itself to the sound signature of the headphones—.

In principle "stretching" the physical materials to its limits might make sense though, so I'm just wondering what would be its recommended burn-in time.

Sep 27, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #2,096 of 3,483
c7JrXUd.jpg

vCsRhTQ.jpg

I've read suggestions to wear the Atlas over-the-ear, as in the second position in the picture above. But how about using an ear hook?

Do you think that this might help to wear the heavy Atlas properly without discomfort? Has anybody tried it? The ones in the first picture are made of silicone, not plastic (as it seems to be the case in the second picture) so they should be comfortable.

They are inexpensive. I found them via AliExpress. I ordered a set.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #2,099 of 3,483
Great, thanks B9Scrambler . Do you find them tiring to wear over time or they just adjust and you forget?

Haven't used them enough to say. Only showed up yesterday. They fit me better than the Comet though, which is surprising given they're bigger and heavier.

Sep 27, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2,100 of 3,483
Haven't used them enough to say. Only showed up yesterday. They fit me better than the Comet though, which is surprising given they're bigger and heavier.
I wear them down with Comply foam tips. Perfectly comfortable. Don’t budge or try to fall out. Perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back