New, Burson Playmate 9038 DAC, 2Wpc HeadAmp, Preamp, Changeable opamps.
Apr 26, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #331 of 602
Frequency response is not changing much with FIR filters, instead the pre and post ringing are changing. In real life there's no such thing as pre-ringing: when you kick a drum it will never pre-ring, it will only post-ring. So, finding the best FIR filter, based on lowest treble roll-off and least pre-ringing might be a challenge. :)

For me MP FAST was good enough, but I guess everyone of us could test this with several music genres and see which setting is best.

May 10, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #333 of 602
My playmate is in the custom. I hope to receive next week.
In the meantime i receiveda mail from burson with offer for opamp. Si for the price i think i'll buy classic and vivid.

May 10, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #334 of 602
Finally, after lots of time waiting for stuff in the customs, i finally have my stack working.
Burson team was amazing and sent me a new PCB and power brick to fix the playmate. Everything working perfectly.
Bang amp is awesome and powers the Wharfedale 11.2 amazingly...

A big thumb up to Burson team !!!

59821398_10216595126944716_7275334773021605888_o.jpg

May 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #335 of 602
I really waiting my unit to arrive. I have Play and liked it a lot but have some issues with it one V6 vivid when dead and now there is high pitch noise on right channel hope this have none issues. Wonder if there is any way to fix it? Like chance some component what is couse of it..

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #337 of 602
@raoultrifan Yes warranty is good its only bit half year old unit and I contacted Burson because this and they send me new op-amp (need to send defective back) and it was working great after new op-amp. This noise issue come after that about month ago and again contacted Burson and they where ready to send me new PCB but that would take some time because Play is EOL product now so they offered for upgrade to Playmate for some money. That was great deal so I took it and now Im waiting to get the new Playmate :) Burson support for these issues is very great!

May 23, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #340 of 602
first contact with playmate and i have some doubt.
First: my source is a lgv30 with usb audio player pro. when i listen mqa files(so 96 khz), the display is always on 48 khz. why?
Second: how change the opamps? i have to unscrew the frontpanel and after remove the cover?
thank you for the support

May 23, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #341 of 602
@alota I cant help you with that playback problem but with op-amp chance is simple. You need to remove top two screws front and back of the unit and top cover is free after that. And remember insert new op-amp correct way that you dont broke the device or op-amp.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #342 of 602
@alota I cant help you with that playback problem but with op-amp chance is simple. You need to remove top two screws front and back of the unit and top cover is free after that.
thank you
another problem: the volume is still the same when i turn off and after on.
and if i move the rear the playmate turn off and on alone
@raoultrifan i need your help. you are the expert:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #345 of 602
First: my source is a lgv30 with usb audio player pro. when i listen mqa files(so 96 khz), the display is always on 48 khz. why?
Playmate doesn't support MQA files.
So I think the software player re-encode the sound to PCM for the Playmate DAC.
I heard about something similar with DSD files - this time related to software player issue in Android ( not supporting DSD data transfer )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back