New, Burson Playmate 9038 DAC, 2Wpc HeadAmp, Preamp, Changeable opamps.
May 29, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #362 of 602
You might want to provide more details. If this a hardware issue (plug moving or pins not soldered anymore) or a software issue? What this has to do with the firmware?

Also, I was not aware someone actually found an OTG-cable and a compatible phone for this. If so, it would be interesting to find your specific setup.

May 29, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #369 of 602
You might want to provide more details. If this a hardware issue (plug moving or pins not soldered anymore) or a software issue? What this has to do with the firmware?

Also, I was not aware someone actually found an OTG-cable and a compatible phone for this. If so, it would be interesting to find your specific setup.

I don’t know if it’s hardware or firmware issue but I was guessing that it might be firmware cus Android 9 PIE no longer has USB AUDIO Mode option.

I tried with my HTC ONE with android 5 and it was working for USB-F and USB-B.

But now it only works with USB-B.

I also did a firmware update from Burson Website which is Burson’s custom firmware for XMOS USB AUDIO but still my front USB-F not recognised by my android phones.

Did you try with your android devices?

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #371 of 602
[...]
I also did a firmware update from Burson Website which is Burson’s custom firmware for XMOS USB AUDIO but still my front USB-F not recognised by my android phones.

Did you try with your android devices?

I can't find my OTG cable, so no, I haven't tried with Android yet.

BTW, I was unable to complete firmware update to my PLAYMATE; already tried with several .EXE files from different drivers, on three Windows 10 laptops and on a MacBook Pro with Sierra.

@Mouseman, why would you need a Windows laptop for? Here's the way to upgrade the firmware: https://docs.khadas.com/toneboard/HowtoUpgradeFirmware.html#Upgrade-On-Mac-OS. However, like I said above, I only got failures while updating.

May 30, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #372 of 602
May 30, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #373 of 602
I can't find my OTG cable, so no, I haven't tried with Android yet.

BTW, I was unable to complete firmware update to my PLAYMATE; already tried with several .EXE files from different drivers, on three Windows 10 laptops and on a MacBook Pro with Sierra.

@Mouseman, why would you need a Windows laptop for? Here's the way to upgrade the firmware: https://docs.khadas.com/toneboard/HowtoUpgradeFirmware.html#Upgrade-On-Mac-OS. However, like I said above, I only got failures while updating.
Yeah, thanks a lot for that. The other "main" page that was linked with the firmware didn't have any instructions and all I saw was the .exe file. I'll have to try it tonight.

May 30, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #374 of 602
Didn't know that there is a way to update the firmware on Mac, until now. Thanks a lot for this.

You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help. It is very easy, just install HomeBrew to install then libusb (if needed) or simply follow the steps above.
However, in my case there might be an issue with my PLAYMATE...not sure why I wasn't able to update it.
It would be interesting to find out how @Onik managed to perform this update and what operating system was using.

May 31, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #375 of 602
I tried installing the new drivers provided by Burson and I'm not sure what to do. What do I do with the xmos dfu bin file and when I install the Burson Audio USB audio device control panel it says no devices connected. Can anyone help? I have windows 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back