New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
May 27, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #376 of 1,276
Given the extra power of the V2+ over the Soloist/Conductor original, I'm surprised that it is lighter in the bass department.
Has that held true after 100/200hrs of burn-in?

I would imagine the sense of the V2 being more analytical comes from being bass light. Or is that off base?

May 27, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #378 of 1,276
Thanks victor. Good to know.
I can't remember how long the original Conductor took to fully flesh out in the bass.

I would find it strange to imagine anything sounding simultaneously bass-heavy and analytical...

May 30, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #380 of 1,276
I have a Conductor V2+ on order but didn't see on their web site what kind of USB port is in the back. It looks like a USB Type A, but I want to make sure I have the proper cable for when it arrives.

Thanks,

Greg

May 30, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #381 of 1,276
I have a Conductor V2+ on order but didn't see on their web site what kind of USB port is in the back. It looks like a USB Type A, but I want to make sure I have the proper cable for when it arrives.

Thanks,

Greg

It does have a USB 2.0 type B input.

Don't worry, the CV2+ arrive with a USB cable and a RCA cable so you'll be ready to use it when it arrives

May 30, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #382 of 1,276
Just trialling some Curious USB cables with my 1st gen Conductor and Regen. The two short Regen Links sound good, but yet to try putting back the Neo d+ (S Class) and A-B adapter.

Is anyone using Curious USB Cables with the V2+?

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #385 of 1,276
whats the difference between Pre-Out and Dac-Out ?!?

ive been experimenting and i get lot less hiss from dac out vs pre-out, much cleaner i find.... why so? who would use pre-out when theres clearly a cleaner feed from dac-out

Jun 21, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #386 of 1,276
If you don't need (analogue) volume control, the DAC-out my well work better for you.
The pre-amp out will not only give you analogue volume control, but also add gain... Hence the higher noise floor.
... But happy to be corrected!!

... yet to get my V2+

Jun 21, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #387 of 1,276

Is the GD balanced ie 4P xlr or a true balanced circuit? 2 separate paths not a signal split?. It seems as well many things are about the final implementation.... just a thought

Thanks for the note. I am by no mean expert and just wanted to get a decent sounding DAC + headphone amp unit for both my headphone and active speaker (through XLR).
From what I heard, audio gd has very good implementation. On the other hand, I heard the burson has good synergies with the LCD-3. And I really prefer the look of the burson over the audio gd..
So if Burson release a unit with XLR connections, then all my hesitation will be cleared..

Jun 21, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #388 of 1,276
If there is the opposite of expert it would be called MIDDY. You can get the 4 P female to 1/4 6.3MM TRS converter for not so much if you look. Most cable makers do one... I wouldn't say what's best for your needs... but some features are less important than others implementation. Just keep your options open.

The Mytek dac amps have dual trs 6.5mm sockets so you still would be stuck with no connector....

Good luck with what ever you choose, the burson seems a good match..

Have fun

Dave

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #389 of 1,276
If there is the opposite of expert it would be called MIDDY. You can get the 4 P female to 1/4 6.3MM TRS converter for not so much if you look. Most cable makers do one... I wouldn't say what's best for your needs... but some features are less important than others implementation. Just keep your options open.

The Mytek dac amps have dual trs 6.5mm sockets so you still would be stuck with no connector....

Good luck with what ever you choose, the burson seems a good match..

Have fun

Dave

Thanks Dave. I still have about half year time to decide as I will wait till I move to my new place.
I will keep looking.

I read that someone from this thread saying the sound of Audio GD Master 9 and the V2+ is very close. But noted the Master 9 uses 4 PCM1704UK chip while the V2+ uses Sabre ES9018.
I bet the NFB-27H will sound closer to the V2+ as that's the version with ES9018. If they both sound close, with similar price and the NFB-27H comes with balanced amp out as well as balanced pre-amp out. Audio GD really has the edge..

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #390 of 1,276
Thanks for the note. I am by no mean expert and just wanted to get a decent sounding DAC + headphone amp unit for both my headphone and active speaker (through XLR).
From what I heard, audio gd has very good implementation. On the other hand, I heard the burson has good synergies with the LCD-3. And I really prefer the look of the burson over the audio gd..
So if Burson release a unit with XLR connections, then all my hesitation will be cleared..

Burson has looked into balanced out but it will never happen if they want to maintain its smaller footprint vs. most balanced amps. They have maxed out power/size ratio in its current form.I believe there are well designed amps of both type and one isn't necessarily superior to the other except perhaps a higher output with balanced. Some very high end amps are SE output only. I compared my cv2 to the audio GD master 9 for several hours at a mini headphone meet (sony zx2, tidal Hifi, amp dacs bypassed) and I honestly had a very hard time telling them apart with a variety of music. Even the owner of the master 9 agreed. Perhaps a touch more bass with the master 9 vs a touch more air on top with the cv2. This makes the Burson a greater value with a more usable footprint for my setup. Power wise, they are both sufficient to power almost anything thrown at them with the master 9 being a bit more powerful overall. I couldn't hear that difference while cranking both units up while powering my LCD-4 and Hifiman he-1k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back