New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
Jul 4, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #391 of 1,276
Is anyone else looking forward to the new Conductor air?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/812863/conductor-air-pocket-sized-usb-dac-headphone-amp-remote-controlled-preamp

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #395 of 1,276
$499.00 USD. Burson is offering it for $419 on their Indiegogo campaign right now....

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/air-pocket-sized-usb-soundcard-head-amp-preamp#/

There is a thread on this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812863/conductor-air-pocket-sized-usb-dac-headphone-amp-remote-controlled-preamp/15#post_12713694

This individual received a sample for review.

Jul 13, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #398 of 1,276
I see, that there is a black anodized version of the mobile device available. It would be cool though, if Burson could bring his other products in black too. :)

Greetings, KoRnasteniker

Fwiw I should be getting the black version next week (pre-production unit). Will post some pictures of it in the Air thread (along with impressions of course) when I get it.

I also like the black one so I'm curious to see how it looks in real life :)

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #399 of 1,276
Just hooked up a V2+ with Timkeeper Virtuoso (just in for review).

Using Audirvana, I've been so far unable to play DSD files in DSD. Audirvana only seems to recognise the C2+ as being able to receive PCM.

I'm obviously using a Mac and don't have access to a Windows machine or streamer. Checking the Burson site, I see the only Mac driver available is for the old Tenor USB board.

I don't really have any any other decent software to try. I wouldn't imagine VNC outputs in DSD? (Will check).

Anyone else having this DSD issue?
Thanks for any suggestions. I'll ask Alex too.

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #400 of 1,276
Just hooked up a V2+ with Timkeeper Virtuoso (just in for review).

Using Audirvana, I've been so far unable to play DSD files in DSD. Audirvana only seems to recognise the C2+ as being able to receive PCM.

I'm obviously using a Mac and don't have access to a Windows machine or streamer. Checking the Burson site, I see the only Mac driver available is for the old Tenor USB board.

I don't really have any any other decent software to try. I wouldn't imagine VNC outputs in DSD? (Will check).

Anyone else having this DSD issue?
Thanks for any suggestions. I'll ask Alex too.

DSD is working on my Windows Box.  It must be an issue with drivers or Audirvana.  Which version of OSX are you using?  I'll try my V2+ with my Macbook Pro and let you know how it goes.

Jul 14, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #401 of 1,276
Hi Vegan

The way I got the V2+ to play DSD with Audirvana is through DSD over PCM (DoP 1.0/1/1).  And with that I can only get DSD128 instead of the advertised DSD256.

You can select that at the Preference > Audio system > Active Audio device > native DSD Capability.

That's the only way I got it to work.

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #402 of 1,276
Appreciate the replies Jerick and Victor :slight_smile:

Great to know you're getting 128DSD with Audirvana. Is there a setting I missed?
When choosing the Xmos output in Audirvana's settings, it only suggests it can do PCM. Automatic DSD detection was left as the default.
In the upsampling settings, DSD upsampling is not an option (it's greyed out).

I'll muck around with it .. But good to know its me and not the DAC :slight_smile:

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #403 of 1,276

Great to know you're getting 128DSD with Audirvana. Is there a setting I missed?
When choosing the Xmos output in Audirvana's settings, it only suggests it can do PCM. Automatic DSD detection was left as the default.

I'll muck around with it .. But good to know its me and not the DAC :slight_smile:

Glad to help.

This may be due to your OSX version. What version are you running?

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #404 of 1,276
Silly me. Of course, I needed to check 'DSD over PCM'. Didn't realise that would be the key for DOP. I thought that would force down sampling to PCM (but of course the DSD to PCM algorithm does that). Thanks for the top Victor.
My bad... Carry on...

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #405 of 1,276

I was able to get DoP working pretty quickly. Just went into Audirvana preferences and went to "Audio System" and changed "Native DSD Capability" from "Automatic Detection" to "DSD over PCM standard 1.1"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back