New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
May 10, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #346 of 1,276
That's odd.
Does that mean it 'works' without the 5v (handshakes and plays), but doesn't sound good?

The first gen conductor doesn't need the 5v (I taped overact pin). I didn't notice any change in sound after doing so.

It connects, yes, but you get occasionally connection problem and distortion. This appened randomply during the past month.

I use 2 Belkin Usb Gold series cable, one with Tape over 5V pin the other one stock. All connection problem are gove with stock cable.

So the Xmos U8 chip does need 5v power to work properly. That's why I also think that a 5V LPS with a split USB cable (such as Forza Audioworks Twin or iFi Gemini cable) would help a lot in USB input playback.

May 10, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #347 of 1,276
I'm also considering upgrading the Xmos U8 chip as from a couple of weeks is avayable a new Xmos XU208 PCB board that (pin layout permitting) would probably fit in the CV2+ case.

It's the "C-1 XMOS USB Digital Interface Module XU208"    http://www.head-fi.org/t/803111/xmos-xu208-usb-bridges-the-latest-gen-has-arrived/1305

I'm also looking in galvanic isolation but as of now I can't find a "cheap" and audiophile grade option. I'm open to suggestion

May 10, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #348 of 1,276

I preferred the HE-400i over the HE-560... the latter is too harsh for my taste, didn't liked the sound from the Sabre DAC I auctioned it; don't know how they'll react to the Burson sabre implementation though...

Keep in mind that I'll take any-day a Senn HD650 over a HD800

Thanks for the input. I've got several Sabre DAC's (three as I can think of right now) and I don't find them to sound particularly simliar. I'd guess I'm more of an  believer of implementation than chip used but YMMV (and I know it will :wink:)

As for the signature of the HE-560 it's a chance I think I'll be willing to take but I do appreciate to hear about your experience with them. 

May 10, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #352 of 1,276
thanks for the feedback. I was wondering if you have a preference between the two phones. Do you think one excels overall? or based on genre/preference? I heard comfort for the hifi was much better but what is your own take the comfort issue when it comes to long term listening? I rmr i personally had trouble listening to lcd-3 long term in the past when i owned one. 

I really love both of them. Maybe a very slight edge to the LCD-4. I have my nights where I just want to chill a bit and relax. That's when I grab the HE-1k. For more energy an active listening, I use my LCD-4. Still love the LCD-3 for rock too.

Yea, the he-1k are more comfy then the 4s. The 4s are heavier than the 3s but the improved headband helps it out a bit. If you didn't like the feel of the 3s on your head, I don't think you'll tolerate the 4s. They don't bother me even for long term listening but they are heavy.

May 11, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #355 of 1,276
One little question about new V2+
I found that the V2+ can drive the same headphone but with a more rise up of the volume knob compared to my old Virtuoso, is it normal/correct ?
Some one can explain that ?

Tks

Luca

May 11, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #356 of 1,276
One little question about new V2+
I found that the V2+ can drive the same headphone but with a more rise up of the volume knob compared to my old Virtuoso, is it normal/correct ?
Some one can explain that ?

Tks

Luca

Although I've got no experience with the original Virtuoso I believe that I've read somewhere that the V2 has a lower gain than the older Bursons. The reason for this would probably be to avoid hiss with sensitive headphones /IEM's as well as giving more playroom with the volume. I'm not sure about this so if others could shime in it would be helpful.

May 12, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #358 of 1,276
I wanted to check in on my experience with my V2+.  When I first got my V2+ it was really harsh sounding.  As I've used it more and more the hard edges have gone away and it has really started coming into it's own.  A euphoric warm, full, and fluid sound with A LOT of detail.  I still have quite a while before my 150 hour burn in is completed.  I think it is going to sound even more amazing on full burn in.  For those that are trying to decide on purchasing the V2+, I really don't think you will disappointed.  It just takes a little patience. 

May 12, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #359 of 1,276
I wanted to check in on my experience with my V2+.  When I first got my V2+ it was really harsh sounding.  As I've used it more and more the hard edges have gone away and it has really started coming into it's own.  A euphoric warm, full, and fluid sound with A LOT of detail.  I still have quite a while before my 150 hour burn in is completed.  I think it is going to sound even more amazing on full burn in.  For those that are trying to decide on purchasing the V2+, I really don't think you will disappointed.  It just takes a little patience. 

That's a bit strange. Coming off of the Soloist, my first impression of the V2 was that of it being refined, transparent and lack of grain to its sound signature compared to my Soloist. I never felt it was harsh. I did and do feel that some of the Soloist energy was pulled back a bit. This trade off was a good one though for the added transparency and refinement of its sound without sounding boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back