New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+
May 5, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #317 of 1,276
I'm trying to decide between the Conductor and the Soloist MK2, for those of you who have heard both: how big of an upgrade is the Conductor over the Soloist?

If you are referring to the he older 4w conductor/ soloist VS the new V2/V2+ , then yes,I have both the original 4w Soloist and the new V2+.

They both have that Burson house sound. They are both rather fast amps. The older Soloist being a touch faster with a bit more energy and high end sparkle to its sound signature. Maybe a touch more bass authority and control too.

The newer V2+ is about 90-95% of all that but with added transparency and less grain to its sound signature. Overall, I prefer the V2+ but I must admit with some genres of music, I do miss the extra energy and authority of the older Soloist.

Although ithe V2 + is twice the power of the older Soloist, it doesn't feel like it using my rather inefficient Audeze LCD-4 200 ohm headphones. The difference in power going to the headphones seems just a touch louder with the newer v2+.

May 7, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #318 of 1,276
The lack of chatter in this thread indicates to me that we are all (owners) actually enjoying the V2/+ instead of complaining about it. This, of course, is a good thing. Ok, back to listening now.

May 7, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #319 of 1,276
The lack of chatter in this thread indicates to me that we are all (owners) actually enjoying the V2/+ instead of complaining about it. This, of course, is a good thing. Ok, back to listening now.

Definitely enjoying!  Also I just bought a Chord Hugo as a dedicated DAC, so very busy trying out different things!

I have noticed something strange thou.  On one particular recording, which I have bought both DSD64 and 24/192 just for comparison.  I noticed that with the DSD version, the balanced has shifted slightly to the left, as if the whole orchestra has shifted left!  This does not happen on the PCM version or when I play the DSD version through any of my other DACs.

Also as I have mentioned earlier in the thread, I am only getting 24bit rather than 32bit, and also no DSD256 from the V2+, any one has similar experience?

Other than that, enjoying all my time with my new Burson.

Also I do agree with your initial take on the old vs new bursons.  But I do miss the feel of turn that clunky old attentuator!

Victor

May 7, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #320 of 1,276
Definitely enjoying!  Also I just bought a Chord Hugo as a dedicated DAC, so very busy trying out different things!

I have noticed something strange thou.  On one particular recording, which I have bought both DSD64 and 24/192 just for comparison.  I noticed that with the DSD version, the balanced has shifted slightly to the left, as if the whole orchestra has shifted left!  This does not happen on the PCM version or when I play the DSD version through any of my other DACs.

Also as I have mentioned earlier in the thread, I am only getting 24bit rather than 32bit, and also no DSD256 from the V2+, any one has similar experience?

Also I do agree with your initial take on the old vs new bursons.  But I do miss the feel of turn that clunky old attentuator!

Victor

Please let us know how you find the dac section on the Mojo compared to the internal section in the V2+ when you get some more time with it.

May 7, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #322 of 1,276
Thanks Victor! I'm looking forward to hear more when you find the time. I'm definitely in no rush just curious :wink:

May 7, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #323 of 1,276

Victor

Yea, I kinda miss the old attenuator but the new one is nice too. I think it's been improved over the one they put in last year's Virtuoso. Many complained about it having a very loose and wiggly feel to it. The one in the V2 has a solid feel to it.

I haven't used the dac section yet. Just been using the one installed in my Sony ZX2 Dap which is quite good.
I will eventually use the one in the V2+ I'm sure. Keep us posted please on what develops from this.

May 7, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #326 of 1,276
I've been going back and forth between the V2 and my Soloist for the past 3 hours. My initial thoughts were pretty much right on the money. Overall, they sound very close to each other. The differences are subtle but definite. Slightly more energy and grain with the Soloist. Slightly more transperancy and refinement with the V2. Bass authority about same. Same house sound signature for sure.

May 8, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #328 of 1,276
How do the Omnis compare to your LCD3 and 4?

The Omnis loosely have the familiar Audeze sound signature but with a bit more midbass that doesn't bleed into the midrange and I would say a more extended high end. Subbass may go a touch deeper with the Audeze but it's close.
Overall though, the Omnis "feel" like they possess more bass.

They may lack that last bit of midrange magic of the Audeze too, but they are right up there with them overall.
I put them between my LCD-2f and LCD-3f in my favorites ranking. The LCD-4 I got after I sold the Omnis and
I like the 4s a bit more than the 3s.

May 8, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #329 of 1,276
The Omnis loosely have the familiar Audeze sound signature but with a bit more midbass that doesn't bleed into the midrange and I would say a more extended high end. Subbass may go a touch deeper with the Audeze but it's close.
Overall though, the Omnis "feel" like they possess more bass.

They may lack that last bit of midrange magic of the Audeze too, but they are right up there with them overall.
I put them between my LCD-2f and LCD-3f in my favorites ranking. The LCD-4 I got after I sold the Omnis and
I like the 4s a bit more than the 3s.

I sold my LCD2Fs because they sound very similar to the Blackwoods I had.  I thought the Blackwoods had more detail and treble extension though along with the Audeze magic mixed in like you described.  One thing about the Blackwoods, they seemed like the audio was a little more distant kind of like sitting on the back row of a concert instead of the first row with the LCD2s.  I just received my Omnis yesterday so I'm still becoming accustomed to the sound.  They are more forward like the LCD2s.  I do prefer them to my LCD2Fs though.  Again the better treble extension and more micro detail.        

Users who are viewing this thread

Back