New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Sep 20, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #1,426 of 1,956
Well, for me T5p.2 is right at the edge of what I can tolerate in terms of bass, can even be too much bass depending on a source :) Guess we all hear differently... I don‘t listen to anything EDM-like though, mainly to acoustic and vocal music... In my case, it‘s a properly powered HD600 for critical listening vs. T5p.2 for fun. I also couldn‘t say I prefer one over another, it all depends on a mood and situation (open/closed). I would never get rid of neither of them :)

Wow! You find the bass is max/too much?
I would Never describe these as even having adequate bass.

I do love the sound though. And I couldn't agree more about "we all hear differently". Since joining Headfi years ago I have been VERY surprised at how differently people hear. I have had tons of recommendations where I buy something and go "What the hell?"

Shane D

Sep 21, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #1,427 of 1,956
Even time of day and mood can influence "how you hear".
As a previous owner I still lurk the t5p topic from time to time since it holds a special place in my heart. Still believe its not worth the original market price but if one can find a good pair for a decent price these are fantastic

Sep 21, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #1,428 of 1,956
Well, the pricing of headphones went mad over the last decade anyway... When I started with this hobby, an HD600 used to be ‚expensive‘, boutique limited volume headphones used to cost like $500–$700... For me, the overall SQ of a T5p.2 and an HD600 is pretty comparable, which makes Senns an incredible value, especially nowadays...

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #1,429 of 1,956
I got a very considerable reduction on my T5P.2 phones. The excuse was that they were ex-demo but all the original wrapping was all still in place, so the demo cannot have gone beyond a look at the outside of the box. It is a bit like speakers, where the dealer mark up is so large, there is always considerable room for negotiation downwards from the RRP. If the dealer won't negotiate, go to another dealer.

Sep 21, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #1,430 of 1,956
Even time of day and mood can influence "how you hear".
As a previous owner I still lurk the t5p topic from time to time since it holds a special place in my heart. Still believe its not worth the original market price but if one can find a good pair for a decent price these are fantastic

Agreed! I got mine used for half of the retail price. I would be Very disappointed at full price.

Sep 30, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #1,431 of 1,956
Today I received my T5p second edition. My pair is usedbut in pristine condition.
My day one findings all based on use with my Sony WM1 3.5 mm out:
  • very easy to drive, much louder than the DT1770PRO.
  • very detailed.
  • big soundstage.
  • impressive treble, there but not harsh.
  • the cable is not of an issue, a bit stubborn, but not much. not much cable noise.
  • my earlobes make contact to the plastic structure between the ear and the driver. That is very uncomfortable.
  • FIX: I inserted the round felt pieces that come with the DT1770PRO so unmount the earpad mounted on the plastic ring. then insert the felt pad and reapply the earpad. Now that is a bonus in comfort +100% As the felt comes from Beyer and has the exact correct size and is quoted as frequency neutral acoustic material for me the sound does not alter.
  • the big holes on the underside of the earpads are also an issue for me. The holes have sharp edges. this affects my earlobe skin.
  • FIX: rotate the pads on the mounting ring so that the holes touch the ears as less as possible.
After applying my fixes, this is a fantastic headphone. But why does the manufacturer nort care about pain free performance for all size of outer ear "constructions"?
I mean the driver is invisible anyways, you only see the hard plastic baffle with sharp edges which in my case hurt. I can imagine many pairs are just returned because of discomfort.
DSC_7146.JPG
DSC_7147.JPG
DSC_7148.JPG
DSC_7149.JPG

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #1,434 of 1,956
The T5p pleather pads are rather small. I recently bought an MMX 300 with pleather pads and just did a pad swap. These pads (beyerdynamic EARPAD BLACK For Custom One Pro (Plus), Custom Studio and MMX 300
) fit the t5p perfectly and don't alter the sound much if at all. IMO they really improve the comfort!
Ambient noise blocking remains the same level.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #1,435 of 1,956
Hello guys, does anybody by chance compared the T5p.2 with the Amiron wireless? It's been two weeks since I'm trying to decide. I basically read every available comparison and review of the two headphones, but I'm still undecided. At the moment when I travel, I use a B&W P9. I like it but sometimes I find them way too "bassy". At home, I'm completely satisfied with my T90 that I alternate with an HD650, both coupled with a Beyer A20. Now I would really like to have something that falls in the middle of the two in terms of sound signature for listening in mobility in a quiet environment. Isolation and sound leakage are not really a problem, so one of the advantages of the Amiron wireless is basically discarded.
Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #1,436 of 1,956
Hello guys, does anybody by chance compared the T5p.2 with the Amiron wireless? It's been two weeks since I'm trying to decide. I basically read every available comparison and review of the two headphones, but I'm still undecided. At the moment when I travel, I use a B&W P9. I like it but sometimes I find them way too "bassy". At home, I'm completely satisfied with my T90 that I alternate with an HD650, both coupled with a Beyer A20. Now I would really like to have something that falls in the middle of the two in terms of sound signature for listening in mobility in a quiet environment. Isolation and sound leakage are not really a problem, so one of the advantages of the Amiron wireless is basically discarded.
Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.
The T5P has the much better drivers than the Amiron series. It sounds much more effortless and micro detailed than the mid tier Tesla driver cans. I had the Amiron Home the DT1990 pro and still own the DT1770 pro. On top the low impedance makes the T5p really easy to drive. My EU volume capped Note 8 has no trouble to let the T5p sing with ease around 50% volume.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #1,437 of 1,956
Bought them both on the warehouse: Amiron wireless and T5p.2 (350 euro + 576 euro). I never saw the T5p.2 so cheap. I hope I'll like at least one of them, or this is the time I'll probably get banned from Amazon!

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #1,439 of 1,956
Hey, guys yesterday I received the T5p.2, but the headband looks very weird to me (see pic).
How does it look to you?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #1,440 of 1,956
My T5-P/2 headband was a bit triangular as well (but not quite as much as yours) and I collected a sealed box direct from the UK importers. I also found it was too tight on my head. It was not difficult to bend it gently to my desired shape.

Wilson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back